Club Arnage
April 16, 2024, 08:39:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help - mad-friday and drivers parade  (Read 6407 times)
jezabel

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2009, 05:39:37 pm »

Have been to LM24 for the last couple of years for the weekend only, however this year i will be around for most of the week and want to take in mad-friday and the driver parade...therefore can someone enlighten me on the following:-

1. best place to take in mad-friday (road name etc) and best place to park for this?
2. best parking place to get to the drivers parade?

Cheers..
Cookie
 Huh
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 06:11:48 pm »

Have a look here - all the details from last year are in there.

http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/caguide2008.pdf

Steve East Anglian cobras

SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:31:15 pm »

Mad Friday tends to happen in places where the police are not!! Try the Houx roundabout or outside MB cmnp.

For the drivers parade, I would suggest get the tram into town, forget about driving. The tram goes from outside Houx Annex every 10 min or so and drops off near to the parade. get there early to avoid the hourdes. late tram run to bring the drunken rabble back until late, but again get back early to avoid these if you so wish.

Try a late lunch in town, find a good place near a bar and stay there for the parade.

Simon

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:13:53 pm »

Outside MB campsite last year was fun, more police than cars.

we drove thru it, and had a problem not hitting the french fuzz (and I mean the serious ones - who beat the crap out of you, before asking question - What they are called CRS?) who were standing at the side and middle of the road!

not my idea of fun.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 01:16:47 am »

Don't mess with the CRS Shocked
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 12:17:02 pm »

i guess the tram is ideal if you are camped on HA or close by, not the ideal option if say you are on BSJ, like many CA stalwarts Grin

They do a park & ride inclusive ticket on the trams - last year it was 3.65 which included car park and a travel ticket for ALL occupants of the vehicle.

Excellent value.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
fallauk
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 07:21:01 pm »

For the drivers parade - I have to admit I have always used the Buses - and last year the tram. But it does not have the same apeal to me as it used to... Very commercial now - not many good viewing spots unless you are very early... then you stil get moved back in the rush of boddies....

As for mad friday - not been able to get to it - apart from the last year it was along the mulsanne... That's how long ago - around the Chinese resturant... but it has since moved - and the guide is ideal for the best places to view..

Here's hoping the weather will be good this year..
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 08:42:03 pm »

It was along the Mulsanne again in 2008. The police almost seemed to be aiding it by eventually blocking access. The restaurant was doing great trade in Beer and take away food.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 08:43:28 pm »

They do a park & ride inclusive ticket on the trams - last year it was 3.65 which included car park and a travel ticket for ALL occupants of the vehicle.

Excellent value.

Where was the parking?
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 09:31:02 pm »

Excellent value.

Where was the parking?

Right by the tram station - opposite what was HA Nord last year. 

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 01:27:31 am »

There are quite a few 'mad friday' locations.

Hous is the main one I'm led to believe. Then there MB/Bleu, and then again in Arnage centre (CRS on patroling).

The last good one I saw was Arnage, but just outside Expo you have the bar and all the drunken sods!!!!!!

The photos have been posted elswhere and to post here would take a bit time to find them.

Don't drive mate, your number will be logged - European International Arrest Warrant etc.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 10:36:07 pm »

Take the tram last year it was 3,50 for a day ticket and you drop out of the tram right where the VIP grandstand is. That's Place de la Repulic or sth like that. NOT the Place des Jacobines where the team gather to start the parade.

Embassy was kind enough to send their girls on the parade, Charouz girls could only be seen at the Jacobines Sad

Mad Friday is not mad anymore. The most mad action I've seen in 2008 was at the Spa-Francorchamps parade on wednesday evening...

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: