Club Arnage
April 18, 2024, 03:13:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 Hours Of Sebring 2008, Book, The race, the people, the parties etc.  (Read 3102 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:46:53 am »

Hi,

Just thought I would let people know that I have finished putting together my book on the 2008 Sebring race weekend. It’s been a labour of love for the past 11 months, and has been a nightmare at times. But I think the effort was worth it.

I didn’t just want to feature the 12 Hours so I have included sections on the Historic Trans Am Race, Star Mazda, Speed GT and Speed Touring races.

The book is a 10 x 8 inch landscape format and is in full colour. It consists of 158 pages and contains 414 images. For the 12 hours itself, the sections include the entry list ( which can be seen in the preview on the Blurb website), Paddock, Qualifying & Practice, Drivers and Pre race grid, Race report with hourly updates and the story of the race, race pictures. Full results.

I didn’t just want to feature the racing , and also wished to capture the atmosphere, the parties and what make Sebring such an enjoyable event. So other sections include, The Campsites, Team Impala, Friends & Party People, La Bomba Sunset Cruise, Past Sebring Memories (B 17 flight, The storm, Mi Carr and Donnas wedding, Pidge Sebring Fan of the Year, etc) Basically anyone I have met and become friends with over the years probably features in the book. Most people from Turn 10 are in there as well as Team Pidge, Racing Flamingos, Party Barge, Dodge City, Turn 7, F Troop etc.

The book is printed by Blurb.com and can be found in their online bookstore or at the link below. Here you can view a  PDF preview of the first 15 pages of the book. It can be ordered in softback, hardback with dust cover or hardback image wrap formats.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/579416

I will have a copy with me at Sebring if anyone wishes to have a look through the book.

Thank you to the people that answered my call for help with specific pictures that I was short of, and for the use of pictures that I requested. Thanks Lee Self, Bill Kent, Fred Mahler, Jack Webster etc.

Regards
Chris
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 02:31:25 am »

A new link to the book.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/603402

This is because upon taking delivery of my own copy and reading through it, I noticed about 6 minor errors, mainly a word typed twice or a name spelt wrong. Embarrassed Just a few little things, nothing that will detract from the book. So I have now corrected the errors to improve the book and reloaded it to Blurb. Smiley

Any books that are ordered from now on will be correct.  Wink

Apology to the person (possibly La Bomba) who has already ordered a copy, who will get a copy with the errors.  But I hope you still like the book anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: