Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 07:54:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going alone any others going alone  (Read 7616 times)
Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 10:03:45 am »

I've been to Le mans for the past four years with motor racing international just for saturday,sunday when i hardly got any sleep, sleeping on the coach . I am staying in a hotel only on thursday night, friday night and sunday night. I changed from going with motor racing international(MRI) to select motor racing because (MRI) didnt do a tour covering the friday parade.

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 10:23:20 am »

Hi andy i am staying at a hotel in chartes about FIVE hours from le mans

Hi Jon, I've edited your post for accuracy. Have you any idea how bad the traffic can get around the curcuit on race week? You will not be parking up at the track in anything like an hour after leaving Chartres. Bring a tent...

Andy,

I have to concur with your assessment.   It used to be the case that I would get up Saturday Morning jump in the car and pop down to the shops in Arnage to get some stuff for Breakfast while the others fired up the BBQ.    The last time we tried that it took about three hours.  The additional two and a half hours where all on the way back.

Since then and with the help of this forum I have seen the light and now take beer for breakfast.   angel angel

A tent is the only real solution.  Even if your in BSJ your only a stones throw from the circuit compared to a Hotel in some far off place.
You can have a good drink as you don't need to drive.  Plus of course your in range of Radio Le Mans so can stay in touch with the happenings around the Circuit.

t.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 02:17:46 pm »

Hi andy i am staying at a hotel in chartes about FIVE hours from le mans

Hi Jon, I've edited your post for accuracy. Have you any idea how bad the traffic can get around the curcuit on race week? You will not be parking up at the track in anything like an hour after leaving Chartres. Bring a tent...

Andy,

I have to concur with your assessment.   It used to be the case that I would get up Saturday Morning jump in the car and pop down to the shops in Arnage to get some stuff for Breakfast while the others fired up the BBQ.    The last time we tried that it took about three hours.  The additional two and a half hours where all on the way back.

t.

t.

i have to say that having experienced last year the most painful part was the journey in to and out of the track and it was this that has caused us to move to another company this year.

we found that all of the coaches from Chartes then go to Le Fort Bernard (which is where we stayed) the coaches then stopped at a supermarket to pick things up!!!!! and then on to LM. by the time we got there and parked up we had missed the warm up session and the support race.

we are now staying back in the city centre and will use the Tram or our taxi driver that we use each year to get to the track to ensure we do not miss any of the action

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: