Club Arnage
May 01, 2024, 10:03:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facilities in the Pit stands  (Read 4130 times)
Peugeot407

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2009, 07:50:57 pm »

Hi all

For our second trip to the race (Maison Blanche last time), we decided to go for the main stands - I cannot find any info that says the "facilities" bogs, snackbars etc exist within the stand or are any better that the non existent ones we had last time. Embarrassed

Alternative is to pay the man (again/more!)and make use of the ACO stand facilities. Evil

Not camping or traveling by car (plane/train/bus/shank's wotsit), thus intense interest in site/stand facilities to get by between Friday and Sunday night hotel stopovers 60k away!!!! Cry

All advice considered - looking forward to it again! Grin

CH
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:02:56 am »

Hi CH,
        I am interpreting your stand as those ABOVE the Pits. I do not recall toilet facilities. Closest from memory would be in the main "square" of the village. same for food. Be aware you can not see the activity in the pit lane although you do get a good view of the cars going by so should see the start line pre-race show.
Phil
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 11:07:36 am »

Hi CH

Now Phil says above the pits, I remember a bit about that.

we had seats there a few years back, they were good, but as they are above the pits you see no action in the pits when the stand is full. But durring different times of the race and there is les people. You can  get to the front of the stand and peer over the barriers and seeright down on top of the cars - great shots for camera (just)

Toilets - they are in the rear of the stand on the legs that run up to the stand. Durring the race you have to get in to the stand this way as your not allowed to walk thru the pits. So there wer plenty (well they were when I was there)

Food and drink, your next to the hospitality bit behind the pits, and there is normally a big bar and food place close to hand, few mins walk from edge of stand. But as Phil says, its also easy to get into the village (which still reminds me of being in Milton Keynes) - with more food and drink choice.

So hope that helps, oh yea at the beging of the race you can still see the track and also the antics of the crowd on the other side.

have fun. - Don't forget the Poo bar on Sat night (normally 9pm ish) to meet all the CA + DFH members and everyone else.

Neil

AND - have a look at last years CA guide and keep an eye out for this years guide. The information and knowledge is fantastic, I would not leave home with out it!  Grin

Well worth the download, and even better if you want to donate any money to the charitys the CA and DFH surport (see charity section for more)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 11:11:35 am by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 12:45:00 pm »

Hi CH

It sounds as if you won't have a base camp for the weekend but I'm sure that if you wander over to the CA village on Blue Nord you will find a warm welcome, a comfy chair and a cold beer. A nice change from plastic seats, concrete steps and dusty/muddy banks.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Peugeot407

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 02:17:07 pm »

Well all

Thanks for that - pretty much confirmed what I thought.

View from the stand - isnt that supplemented by the video screen opposite showing action from all around the circuit, and pits?

Any further advice on ACO facilities for the joining fee (apart from reduced circuit entry price), is that price available on the day at the ticket booths?

You all make it sound a very convivial atmosphere - I got an "us against the world feel" back of the ACO-Maison Blanche stands the last time. Must be me (pessimist) and the wife doesnt drink, wife! wife you say? yes she enjoyed it (for someone who would never venture South of the Scottish Border when Santa Pod Easter Nationals was mentioned - its the bikers ye ken!

Looking forward to it - I can never get over the feeling of wishing had gone when you watch it on the telly!

CH
fallauk
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 09:05:48 pm »

Facilties wise - if my memlory serves me your stuck with the loo and bog... Showers you coudl use are Masion Blanche... or pay the premium and you may get some facilities from the tour operators.

Most of the bars etc wil be open on Sat (in the circuit) - your best bet on Friday is probably Jannies or get the tram/buses into town and you can get fed and watered there..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: