Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 06:33:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all native French speakers  (Read 2874 times)
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:50:10 am »

If your first language is French, please drop me a line. The Club Arnage press room team is in need of help both at the track, and via email/web. If you are planning to come to the 24h in June, or you will be following on web/TV/Radio, please get in touch.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:34:29 pm »

Huh What if you're completely fluent in French but not an actual frog, like say Termie, KPY or Chris Zarse?

I know plenty of foreigners who speak better English than many, actually make that most, of the natives of this sceptic isle.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 07:32:16 am »

here here Andy ....  Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:40:23 am »

I know a few native French speakers who would fit the bill.  However, they don't speak any English - would this be a problem?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 11:53:02 am »

The job really needs a Frenchie who speaks a bit of English rather than a Brit who speaks French (however fluently).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:31:30 pm by Grand Fromage » Logged
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 08:21:42 pm »

GF -
I have a friend here in Rouen who is a motor racing author. He would fit the bill, but will not be available that weekend in June. He has various contacts in mind who might well be able to help and he will be at a symposium at Montlhéry tomorrow where he will meet other motor racing enthusiasts.
Can you give us an amplified job decription? - Like that we can possibly find you the person you need.
Of course the ideal candiate would have been Gilles, but he fell in love and moved to Dijon. He doesn't seem to be allowed out these days.....
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:55:05 pm »

There are actually two things we need. One is a liaison person at the track, and the other is web-based translators who understand motorsport. There is no absolute necessity for those web translators to be at the circuit.

Duties for the track based person include;

Liaison between anglophone and francophone writers.
Listening to French pit radio and infos-course.
Verbal translation (near live) of radio reports and interviews.
1st draft translation of press releases (written and/or verbal) for anglophone writers.
Plus anything else that comes up!

It will be Monday-Sunday all week job, starting with 'pesage' on Monday morning and finishing about an hour after the flag drops on Sunday.

GF -
I have a friend here in Rouen who is a motor racing author. He would fit the bill, but will not be available that weekend in June. He has various contacts in mind who might well be able to help and he will be at a symposium at Montlhéry tomorrow where he will meet other motor racing enthusiasts.
Can you give us an amplified job decription? - Like that we can possibly find you the person you need.
Of course the ideal candiate would have been Gilles, but he fell in love and moved to Dijon. He doesn't seem to be allowed out these days.....
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 08:19:06 pm »

pm sent
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 01:46:10 am by goodduck » Logged

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: