Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:50:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What A Trip  (Read 2177 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2009, 10:36:11 pm »

Friday we set out to the ring in the Trusty Astra Diesel Wink (mind you it is a 888 mk5 astra diesel :lol:)

Without any issues we set off at 1am Friday and arrived at the Burgstube Hotel around 2/3pm on the Friday only about half a hour after our friends who set off nearly 4 hours ahead of us! ( steady 70mph all the way - just they happened to take the wrong way around Belguim  :lol: )

We un packed and shot of to the track to see what was happening buying several laps just seemed right  :heh:

The track was empty and was great for Andy to find his feet on his first trip. He seemed natural around the track and the Astra was performing above expectations! Second lap the Dreaded Adenau Frost caught us out tho but caused no damage thank god  :redface:

After the miss hap we called it anight and headed off to get some food!

Saturday -

Had a bit of a layin and relax after a long day the day before but there was a local race on so it was nice to see something different on track. Some of the cars where flying and who would of expected a Astra Estate to overtake a M3 :lol:

After a little while due to a oil leak the track opened for a hour and chaos set in for people getting out so we left it!

Once the track was closed we met up with Dale and Ron for the Track Walk. It was so informative and breath taking to take the time to see everything in a different view. Also its REALLY helped with braking and turning in points.

Off for a steak we go!

Sunday -

Early start off to the ring for one of the best times of my life. Andy via work has managed to get us a ride in the ring taxi on a warm up lap! we strapped in and off we went. Sideways into Adenauer Forst then the driver waves to the crowd is a bit of a shock!  Shocked he then decides to chase a porsche but it was stunning and nothing can beat it!

As soon as we got into the pits off out in the Astra to see if the track walk helped, by Christ it did hitting all the spots cracking the turn ins and making sure the car flowed Smiley

The track was filling up and the car was stuck in the car park!! After we had some breakfast back to the track to watch the action but it was closed (believe a catherham had a big off?Huh) after a hour or so it was open and off the action went. Later in the day we did our Final 2 laps and on the final lap it starts to rain Sad and the car was still not missing a beat Smiley

Track Closed so off for a long cold beer Smiley

Monday -

Woke up and went into Adenau for a trip as we hadn't looked around, really stunning little town and there was a nice garage off the street with some rare cars stashed away  Shocked

come late afternoon we waited for the track to open after some testing ( insignia VXR and RS5 dont have motor! also the skyline driving round wasnt holding back  :huh: )

We watched a few cars go out but decided to spend 30euros on the GP track instead. Me and Andy headed over paid the 30 euros and away we went. The car shocked alot of people and each lap the brakes got better and better! The handling was out of this world! All at 38mpg aswell  :lol:

Off back to the hotel for a deserved beer and relax ready to pack for to off on Tuesday.

I have to say the what i have learnt and the people i have met this year are out of this world. Have to say a massive thank you to Martin & Heidi @ Burgstube hotel for there hospitality and We will all be back there again next year!

Looking forward to seeing my Grill in there bar aswell  :rolleyes:   :lol:

Sorry for waffling!

Kev

Deleted tons but here goes -

http://s717.photobucket.com/albums/ww179/kev_g8/Ring%20April%2009/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:45:44 am by Kev_mk3 » Logged

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:21:43 am »

great report, sounds like you had a good time and fun was had by all.

Makes me want to have a go, the options are limited for me -
Cherry Picker? - no,
Figaro? - no
Ovlov ?- no
Herald ? - no

Have to dave up for something silly for next year.

Oh yea Kev - photo link does not work.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:46:14 am »

it was fantastic Smiley have edited the link for pictures

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: