Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 09:43:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping for Spa summer classic, advice please  (Read 4287 times)
BILKO

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:24:12 am »

Hi Guys, I've had a trawl through the search engine and picked up a few tips but just wanted to get a bit more advise on camp sites around Spa. Me and the wife are planning on popping over there for the summer classic at the beginning of July for a long weekend Thurs-Mon, and was just wondering what site you would recommend from these three. At the mo we're thinking L'Eau Rouge looks like the one to go to, as it's closest to the track but if you reckon one of the others are nicer or have better amenities we'll go there. Now we're not in to camping that much, the only time we've ever camped was at MB for the last two Le Mans Classics and to say the least the amenities left a lot to be desired but as we we're in a large group it didn't seem so bad roughing it for a while, but this time it's just the two of us so thinking a nice camp site is the way to go.   

http://www.eaurouge.nl/index_en.htm
http://www.campingspador.be/ardens/english/welcome_to_camping_spa_d%27or/
http://www.campingspa.be/EN/activities.html

Was also wondering if anyones ever rented the pre erected tents from the sites and if so what they're like. costs a few more quid but seems like it could save a lot of hassle. Any thoughts on this.
Cheers

I dont think i want to be in a club that would have someone like me as a member  Wink.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 06:50:31 pm »

Eau Rouge is the campsite closest to the track (something like a 5 minute drive).  I've been there several times, it's a nice and clean campsite. Toilets and showers are ok, and I think every space has electricity, even the spaces for tents. 

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:15:14 pm »

I've camped at Eau Rouge and Spa D'or.  I far prefered the latter (facilities much better, cleaner, more friendly - good food and bar), but it is farther away.  Depends upon what your priorites are really.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
BILKO

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 08:25:45 pm »

cheers lads. Distance not really a prob as i think it's gonna be very quite down there for this event and we're not gonna be spending the whole time at the circuit. we plan on visiting the thermes, car museum, caves and a war museum. We're only going to cheer our m8 Cheng on, whose racing his cobra in one of the races. the main concern was good clean facilities as I'll never hear the end of it if they're anything like MB.
I think we'll have to go for Spa d'or. can you remember roughly how long to the circuit from there, I'm guessing 15 mins

I dont think i want to be in a club that would have someone like me as a member  Wink.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 09:26:07 pm »

Spa to the track is about 15 minutes, normally you should be able to park at Ster (right next to the main entrance). 
When you're visiting the area, make sure to stop in Malmedy also, nice little town only 5 minutes from the circuit.

BILKO

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 11:34:22 pm »

Cheer m8, I'll put Malmady on the list. We did visit Spa last year for a few days while touring around the Ardennes, the wife cant wait to get back to the thermes she loved them, sadly the Francorchamps circuit was closed when we went, so we did the trip over to the ring and just our luck that was closed for the day also, so we settled for a beer in the bar over looking the F1 circuit. plan is if we like this race meet we may go over for the classic meet in sept.

someone told me there was a nice waterfall at Coo may try to find that while we're there.

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 02:45:08 pm »

someone told me there was a nice waterfall at Coo may try to find that while we're there.

That's worth a visit and very easy to find, next to the N633.  Coming out of Stavelot, just follow the signs to Trois Ponts and then La Gleize, you'll pass by the waterfall (or look out for signs "Plopsa Coo", an amusement park next to the waterfall).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: