Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 06:38:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pit Lane  (Read 3124 times)
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2009, 02:09:20 pm »

Hello all,

I am going down on the Monday this year rather than the normal Thursday, do you know if the pit lane is open like it is on Friday earlier in the week?

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:59:10 pm »

Frankly I'm not certain but I know that with press passes I go on days other than the Friday and don't remember (for what it's worth) seeing ant public there, but then I could be wrong. I suggest you ring the ACO and ask.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:34:23 pm »

In the proposed schdule it says:

Wednesday Pitwalk  2 till 4
Thursday    Pitwalk 2 till 4
Friday        Visit of pits  10 till 8
Saturday     Pitwalk  12 till 1

Note description is different on Friday.
Suspect for normal mortals it's Friday only unless you buy the extremely expensive pitwalk pass @ 460€
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 05:56:27 pm »

I think on wednesday en thursday there is a pit walk, but I found out last year that you needed some extra credentials besides the GA ticket. So Floris and I had to sneak in through the pitlane entrance, where we were dropped by a friendly guy from the spyker squad. So at any time you can get in, just try to sneak in, noboby will bother you while you just walk round minding your business.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:51:46 pm »

Friday is normally the only session that is completely open, the rest requiring some form of pass unless you can blag your way in.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41:58 pm »

Hello all,

I am going down on the Monday this year rather than the normal Thursday, do you know if the pit lane is open like it is on Friday earlier in the week?

Andy
We cycled down the track from HA to MB last year on the Monday night. No one stopped us and most of the pits were open with mechanics fiddling with things. Worth a try as there were no officials anywhere to be seen.

PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 10:50:00 pm »

No need to blag your way in or for a press pass, there's no problem to get into the pitlane Wednesday and Thursday afternoon.

We only had to show our GE to an official and leave the bikes behind but no problem walking the pitlane.
WhiteBaron

transport 2009

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 11:09:24 pm »

We cycled down the track from HA to MB last year on the Monday night. No one stopped us and most of the pits were open with mechanics fiddling with things. Worth a try as there were no officials anywhere to be seen.

PP

Every year for the last 10, walk into the circuit monday/tuesday into maison blanche go through the open circuit gate and stroll across ford chicane and down the pitlane. Best pictures of the week as its so empty.

Steve

\\"Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting\\" - Steve McQueen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: