Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 07:49:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank Holiday in England  (Read 4713 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2003, 10:02:52 am »

Anyone do anything interesting this weekend??

Cue PM...

cos I'm not really interested in you visiting your granny in Eastbourne...

Tho I did polish the alloys this w/e. And cut the hedge.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 12:49:21 pm »

Well Smokie you missed a great weekend,with warm weather(75 deg Sunday) and good hotels and food.We covered almost 800 miles over the weekend as we took the longest route there and back.
Staying at the Hotel de France in Chartres was superb even though I almost ordered Sweetbreads !!Thanks to the waiter who could tell I was more of a staek sort of guy  so he warned me off them.(Obviously I didnt tell Griff...till later)We met up with KP and Gilles at the hotel plus Rick of Maison Blanche in pit lane on Saturday.Sorry to those who we missed in the Sebring on Sunday but we met up with some other guys we new and the time just went by too quickly.
We had a long chat with Ron Fellows on Saturday(what a thoroughly nice chap)He's very confident that the Vettes will once again be victorious.
Then Sunday we were down at the Kart side of the Porsche curves when Mike Jordan came to watch.We had a chat about the TVRs to him,and he told us they had a few engine problems and wrong gearing but he also was optimistic about the race,even though him and Michael Caine had never driven at LM.
We had a good blast around the circuit on Sat and Sunday and AJ foolishly let Griff behind the wheel of the Vette.Well after a few sesssions we decided to call it a day because it seemed only a matter of time before one of us broke something.
Griff had a new digital camera too so he was acting the Bailey all weekend,taking about 100 pictures in all.Im sure some of them will appear soon.
Anyway for the serious reports check out www.dailysportscar.net
cheers

PM
Andy Z
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 10:42:52 pm »

Glad you all had a great time. I didn't.

To cheer me up for not being able to go to PQ Le Mans for the first time in years, Mrs Z dragged me to the bastard South of England Spring Garden Show. And what did I see? A f**k*ng parade of Llamas! Christ knows what they were doing there. I had a word with one of the owners and I asked him a. What use is a Llama, and b. How much do they cost. Answers a. No use at all and, b. £5000. I told him he was a c**t.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 11:28:52 pm »

I like your logic!
For reasons I cannot fathom, there is an ad on TV here (USA) extolling the benefits and virtues of Alpacas - well, I say extolling - maybe that's a bit strong, because there don't seem to be any.
Are they cultivated for their meat? hides? wool? girlish charm?
For the answers to these and many other intriguing alpaca related questions, go straight to www.ilovealpacas.com
Alternatively, you might wish to adopt Andy's considered and erudite view on the subject, as I have done.
Nice one Z, I pissed myself reading the last sentence.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 04:13:17 am »

Believe it or not there is a fair old industry for using Alpacas for hiking - hang your water, food and other shite on them as you hike around mountains.  I nearly killed myself coming around some blind single track on my mountain bike in Patagonia, Arizona.  The f**k*ng thing didn't flinch - it was well 'ard!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 01:30:34 pm »

Balls to the Llamas, alpacas and other camelids. And to the Sussex Poultry Fanciers Society who were displaying at the show too. Although I have to say some of their rare breed chickens looked absolutely delicious.

But not a totally wasted weekend. I dug the Commer out and fired the little rascal up. Runs like a dream. After a quick scrub out with a big bucket of Jeyes fluid to get rid of the appallling mildew (it leaks bad) its now almost no longer a health hazard. So it's off down to the MOTers this week and fingers crossed. The only problem I can foresee is a shock absorber leaking, but £20 to the examiner last year soon "stiffened" it up to acceptable levels.

Rock and roll!!

(Well that's what it does when it's on the road.)

Andy Z

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: