Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 10:32:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parking???  (Read 16910 times)
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 11:54:50 pm »

I popped round to arnage twice on the scooter , no problem other than they made me detour via the one way system into the middle of no where thought I was going to run out of fuel , no idea where i was and pitch black!

been there done that doing it again !
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 03:05:36 pm »

the arnage and mulsanne corners were free parking, always have been.

Take life by the horns and live it.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 03:22:36 pm »

In the interests of accuracy Robbo - they are not and to my knowledge have never been 'free' if you go there first. I have, for about the last ten years watched the start from Mulsanne and on arrival have parted with a few Euro's (8 this year) for a ticket which this year I think (age memory thing) was yellow? however In the old days when I had a Vert pass then there was no more to pay - as that included access to Mulsanne and Arnage as I think, it would seem would a Rouge.
I have to confess that part of the reason I raised this subject was very much in the interests of accuracy. There were a number of enthusiast sites - this one included suggesting that all parking should be paid for in advance and rather alarmingly saying that in fact the parking tickets had 'sold out.' This would have been a new (and cr+p) idea had it been the case but it was not - just a bit of 'website noise' as it would seem that there were no changes this year. Although there did seem to be a concerted effort by the organisers to encourage people take the bus instead of driving round to the various vantage points.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 04:51:19 pm »

Sorry, but that was not the impression given by the ACO on its website.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 04:56:00 pm »

I have to confess that part of the reason I raised this subject was very much in the interests of accuracy. There were a number of enthusiast sites - this one included suggesting that all parking should be paid for in advance and rather alarmingly saying that in fact the parking tickets had 'sold out.' This would have been a new (and cr+p) idea had it been the case but it was not - just a bit of 'website noise' as it would seem that there were no changes this year. Although there did seem to be a concerted effort by the organisers to encourage people take the bus instead of driving round to the various vantage points.

Bollox Monkey. The website noise was generated by the ACO.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 07:17:11 pm »

Bollox KPY... have you forgotten the thread 'Parking Restrictions at Mulsanne and Arnage' that you contributed to?

Whilst the original confusion may have been as a result of some unclear communications from the ACO I would agree with Monkey that some of that 'website noise' was generated by enthusiast sites - including this one.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 07:24:10 pm »

If the ACO publishs inaccurate or misleading information, which websites then pass on in good faith, then the fault lies with the ACO.

I started the thread about the parking charges at Arnage and Mulsanne, from info I read on the ACO site.

I certainly did not set out to produce inaccurate information, but was passing on what the ACO were saying to forewarn others members of this site of the apparent change.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:28:07 pm by Barry » Logged
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 07:54:03 pm »

Bollox KPY... have you forgotten the thread 'Parking Restrictions at Mulsanne and Arnage' that you contributed to?

Whilst the original confusion may have been as a result of some unclear communications from the ACO I would agree with Monkey that some of that 'website noise' was generated by enthusiast sites - including this one.

Yes I do remember. I said that the ACO brochure stated that you need a parking ticket for Arnage and Mulsanne car parks. Nothing unclear about that.

20/20 hindsight's a wonderful thing. Perhaps you and Monkey would like to translate this cutting from this year's ACO brochure.

* Arnagebrochure.JPG (74.72 KB, 843x624 - viewed 323 times.)
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 08:37:28 am »

Just my tupence.....

I went to the ACO office, at the Rotonde, on the Tuesday morning and asked about parking tickets for Arnage and Mulsanne and was told they were all sold out.

I then suggested, to the helpful lady, that perhaps we just turn up as we usually do around 02.30~03.00 and take our chances........she suggested we buy a parking ticket for Antares Sud as this would also get us into Arnage and Mulsanne.

Although it cost us money, we went this route as we did not want the hassel of turning up and being told to bugger off. Turns out no one checked the ticket and we had no problems.

I felt the 'internet noise' was a helpful tip off, and we were fortunate enough to arrive early in the week and act upon it. Others clearly could not or did not investigate, and got caught out by the buses.

Thanks for the intial tip off.  Grin

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 08:58:27 am »

Yes I do remember. I said that the ACO brochure stated that you need a parking ticket for Arnage and Mulsanne car parks. Nothing unclear about that.

20/20 hindsight's a wonderful thing. Perhaps you and Monkey would like to translate this cutting from this year's ACO brochure.

That translates to.......

Only holders of a 'Mulsanne' or 'Arnage' parking pass will be allowed to access with their light vehicles into the Mulsanne and Arnage parks. Free shuttle services outside the circuit will enable spectators to access the Mulsanne and Arnage curves upon simple presentation of their entrance ticket (see condition).

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 10:24:37 am »

Thanks for the intial tip off.  Grin

Thankyou, I am glad that some people appreciated the early warning of a possible problem.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 11:17:30 am »

One of the things I have found over the year is that you can't be sure of exactly what you will and won't not be able to do.

The English version of the Brochure quite clearly states only holders of "Arnage" or "Mulsanne" parking tickets will be allowed access to the  "Arnage" and "Mulsanne". 

It would seem that this was not enforced.  That is not the fault of those who post here.

Pointing out this apparent change was the correct thing to do. 

Personally I didn't attempt my traditional trip to Arnage and Mulsanne in the race because of the apparent charges.
That's my loss but I don't blame anyone.  I will attempt it next year no matter what the brochure says. :-)

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 12:14:03 pm »

Just my tupence.....

I went to the ACO office, at the Rotonde, on the Tuesday morning and asked about parking tickets for Arnage and Mulsanne and was told they were all sold out.

I then suggested, to the helpful lady, that perhaps we just turn up as we usually do around 02.30~03.00 and take our chances........she suggested we buy a parking ticket for Antares Sud as this would also get us into Arnage and Mulsanne.

I went on the Tuesday as well to the Rotounde and was informed by the lady to pay when I got there. 04:00 on Sunday morning, drove straight into the first car park on the right round the bend at Arnage and did'nt pay a thing. I don't think the problems lie with us punters as everyone has been informed differently. Its more of a case of business as usual with the ACO who quite clearly could'nt run a bath.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 05:12:42 pm »

Have been away in Somerset over the weekend and was quite surprised and very disapointed to see the nature of some of the contributions. Having said that, thank you Christopher for your mature, balanced and intelligent contribution to this thread.
I was actually trying to be helpful.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 05:13:52 pm »

sorry and you too Lawnmower man........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: