Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 11:25:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone classic  (Read 19002 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 07:41:18 pm »

Am camping on the course in the JDC caravan - easier to be on site. The new car is ready and will be there.

Good looking car, found this and this web site if you don't know about it already. Good pics and info there.

http://www.coventryracers.com/

* Fzo 01.jpg (71.49 KB, 800x613 - viewed 436 times.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:43:23 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2009, 11:06:48 am »

General concensus then - Litchlake or Whittlebury?

I tested negative for patience.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2009, 03:44:30 pm »

I will be there, with my monsters

Not camping, only live 5mins away!!  Grin

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 03:47:55 pm »

I'm probably only going to manage to be there on Sunday. Anyone here still hanging around by then?

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 11:37:30 pm »

Litchlake for me, Friday and Saturday evenings, and then departing late morning on the Sunday.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 10:02:50 pm »

An excellent time camping at Litchlake, watching the racing on Saturday, meeting up with Perdu, and later with Lord Steve who by chance appeared on the pitch next to us, free santana concert, wine and beer, and loads of outstanding machinery, both racing and in the static parks.  Grin Grin Grin   

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009, 10:37:19 pm »

Good to meet you Mark - pure coincidence that I set up next to you on Litchlake. Think we probably solved a few of the world's problems on Saturday night but to be honest with you.....I can't remember much!!!!!
Anyway, it was a pleasure to meet up with you, thanks for your company (and offer of cornflakes this morning). For those that attended, good call! For those that didn't - you missed some pretty exotic machinery and excellent racing.
Highlights for me - Silk Cut Jaguars, watching the racing from the pit wall (an official today asked me for my pass and I showed him my Litchlake Campsite wristband. Seemed good enough for him!), the historic Formula 1 cars - I forgot that Formula 1 cars used to "drift" around corners, oh yeah, and meeting Murray Walker this afternoon. I bought his book so he signed it for me - what a lovely bloke!

Well back now, and wondering what's next.

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2009, 11:09:21 pm »

Here's the evidence:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/houxsteve/sets/72157621844800244/

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 11:37:56 pm »

Its a shame we missed meeting Lord Steve, neat time maybe m'lud, but it was great to see MGMark and son and spend a warm Saturday in good company

Found Lynx's car in the middle of things, really great, wish someone would buy me one like that.

Gorgeous

Mark was impressed Lynx but by the time I had the camera ready his attention was taken by the car next door, another beauty.

My day was made when just after Mark wandered off to look at cars and stuff I saw XH558 flying off to the north heading for rendesvouses at Sunderland and some other northern places

what a good day

* silverstoneclassics2009 017a.JPG (84.65 KB, 572x428 - viewed 305 times.)

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 12:16:16 am »

Lord Steve, I just realised that I walked right past you this afternoon. It's only now that I've seen the photo of you that I realised that it was you. The sublteness of the CA evening shirt completely passed me by (and I've even got one).
A great day with some excellent access to the cars and pits here are a few of mine

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 09:02:08 am »

Awesome stuff!!! Particularly love the candid one of Old Muddly Talker!  Grin

Just sifting thru my shots and will post a couple later but did pop the old mobile on the track wall as they exited Abbey chicane for the 1st lap of the F1s on Saturday and took this little video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbIWi7zCdpc
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 09:03:42 am »

Oh and your Lordship, been wondering if you managed to find the Leatherette at the concert? Or is that phone conversation consigned to the beer-powered memory loss bin?  Wink
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 09:51:36 am »

Lord Steve, I just realised that I walked right past you this afternoon. It's only now that I've seen the photo of you that I realised that it was you. The sublteness of the CA evening shirt completely passed me by (and I've even got one).
A great day with some excellent access to the cars and pits here are a few of mine[img]g]

Oh, pity we passed each other by Gary, that's a beer opportunity missed. Next time we'll all have to arrange things better. I may be over in France next June on the off chance that there will be a motor race so if that's the first opportunity, so be it! Can't do the 1000kms at Silverstone in Sept as I've got to attend a wedding in Harlow. Imagine!
Still, I enjoyed the classic more - there weren't any diesels!

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 09:55:49 am »

Oh and your Lordship, been wondering if you managed to find the Leatherette at the concert? Or is that phone conversation consigned to the beer-powered memory loss bin?  Wink

Rick, I have to be honest, by the time Mark, his son and I arrived at the concert it could have been the Bay City Rollers playing for all I know. I was deaf from standing next to the Silk Cut Jags in the garage and my vision was somewhat blurred. I had all but lost the power of coherent speech and my legs were a tad wobbly.
So.......remind me about the Leatherette thing........

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 05:27:23 pm »

So.......remind me about the Leatherette thing........

Haha jolly good work fella! Well it was that girlie I told you about on the phone on the Welcome Centre desk who was checking in us media types. When I was handing in my vest at close of play on Saturday she was very keen to find someone to go to the concert with and apparently had a penchant for drinking pints of champagne. Very cute and fit blonde in black leather... remember you getting quite excited at the prospect of bumping into her!! Grin

Nearly done with photos ... back later this evening with the link ... 200 of the little blighters!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: