Club Arnage
April 18, 2024, 05:04:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Server connection problems  (Read 8813 times)
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 03:07:27 pm »

or 377 octal

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 03:10:04 pm »

Of course if we were only working with 8bits and it is signed it would be -1.

t.

Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 03:23:22 pm »

Of course if we were only working with 8bits and it is signed it would be -1.

t.

Wheres my Commodore 64 when you need it?
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 04:42:54 pm »

tor look at it as he's changing from British Gas to EDF. Same thing but different address, better call centre.

Nope Stu - you are losing me again, I have never understood buying the same gas through the same pipes but from different suppliers!

F

At least gas is gas. I want to know how the electricity suppliers get the gas down the wires......

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 04:53:16 pm »

tor look at it as he's changing from British Gas to EDF. Same thing but different address, better call centre.

Nope Stu - you are losing me again, I have never understood buying the same gas through the same pipes but from different suppliers!

F

At least gas is gas. I want to know how the electricity suppliers get the gas down the wires......

I also see potential problems trying to run electricty down a gas pipe, those guys earn their money and no mistake.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 05:01:21 pm »

F

I'm not really familiar with the technology.  But they are a very forward thinking bunch of guys.  Obviously they had great foresight.  They designed the 13amp sockets with shutters to prevent gas leaks long before any talk of electric companies supplying gas. 

t.

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 05:05:26 pm »

I also see potential problems trying to run electricty down a gas pipe, those guys earn their money and no mistake.

Sorry Nordic but I don't think they earn their money at all they just take what they want when they want and you have no choice. 

Bit like taxes really.

t.

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 05:25:22 pm »

F

I'm not really familiar with the technology.  But they are a very forward thinking bunch of guys.  Obviously they had great foresight.  They designed the 13amp sockets with shutters to prevent gas leaks long before any talk of electric companies supplying gas.  

t.

Of course! And there was me thinking the shutters were there to stop the electrons falling out...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:31:38 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 05:49:24 pm »

Sorry Nordic but I don't think they earn their money at all they just take what they want when they want and you have no choice. 

Bit like taxes really.

t.

Very true

I always wondered what the doors on the plugs were for, whenever I tried to poke a scewdriver inside to see, the lights went off in the house.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 06:45:20 pm »

...... those guys earn their money and no mistake.

I wish they'd work a bit harder - I've had three power cuts in the last 6 minutes.

There is a tremendous electrical storm raging though........

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 08:10:36 pm »

F

I have to agree with you on that Fran.  Plus Gas is dangerous and CA is not!!!

t.

Not sure if all guests of BN would agree, while it was positively enchanting on MB (Gods NEW country)

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 09:57:00 pm »

Bit like taxes really.

t.

Very true

I always wondered what the doors on the plugs were for, whenever I tried to poke a scewdriver inside to see, the lights went off in the house.

You see yet again CA comes up with useful information.  Smiley

Poking a screwdriver in to the the socket to turn off the lights can be turn out expensive if you use a good quality screwdriver.  Even if you are being  extremely careful you get some arcing and that will eventually destroy the blade.  

When I was much younger I tried to turn the light out  by squeezing the cable with a pair pliers.  I'd recently discovered that if you squeeze a hose pipe the water stopped flowing.  I figured if you squeezed the cable the electric would stop flowing.
It did the flash was quite impressive.  Mind you it did put the wind up my mom who was downstairs in the Kitchen.   My Dad went berserk.  He was in the loft and the cable was feeding the light he had up there.   When he came down he checked I hadn't damaged his Pliers repaired the fuse he accused me of breaking.  I wasn't anywhere near it.  It was in the Pantry and I was upstairs all the time.  Life can be so unfair when your a kid.  angel angel

t.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 05:12:01 am »

When I was much younger I tried to turn the light out  by squeezing the cable with a pair pliers.  I'd recently discovered that if you squeeze a hose pipe the water stopped flowing.  I figured if you squeezed the cable the electric would stop flowing.
It did the flash was quite impressive.  Mind you it did put the wind up my mom who was downstairs in the Kitchen.   My Dad went berserk.  He was in the loft and the cable was feeding the light he had up there.   When he came down he checked I hadn't damaged his Pliers repaired the fuse he accused me of breaking.  I wasn't anywhere near it.  It was in the Pantry and I was upstairs all the time.  Life can be so unfair when your a kid.  angel angel

t.
[/quote]
 What a wonderful story Tom. I nearly spilled my beer I was laughing so hard.
Thanks
Phil
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 02:56:26 pm »

I thought the Michael Jackson thread was hilarious until I read all of these.......

When I was a kid I was desparate to have an electric guitar when all I had was a battered old accoustic with three steel strings. Surely, thought I, it can't be that difficult to convert it.

So, length of three core flex, bared end wrapped around the strings, 13A plug on the other end. Plug it in. Simple.
Anyway, when I plugged it in the E string disintegrated into hundreds of tiny, hot ball bearings which burnt little holes all over the sitting room carpet.
Just as well I didn't pick the axe up and attempt a powerchord! (pun intended)

I tested negative for patience.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 05:00:20 pm »

So, length of three core flex, bared end wrapped around the strings, 13A plug on the other end. Plug it in. Simple.
Anyway, when I plugged it in the E string disintegrated into hundreds of tiny, hot ball bearings which burnt little holes all over the sitting room carpet.

I think I know where you went wrong Steve.  It's easy to make the mistake.  The E string should have been connected to the Earth and not the Electric (live.).  Still you live and learn.

t.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: