Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 08:08:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some thieving b*sta*d  (Read 2863 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2009, 11:24:34 pm »

Relatively small beer in the great scheme of life, but I am delighted to report that the UK societal behaviour of coveting and creatively acquiring desired objects (otherwise known as theft) was confirmed to me when I found that the driver's side door mirror of the missus's MX5 had been surgically removed, while it was parked on our drive last night, without any damage to the door.  The last element involves a fine stroke of Mazda design genius, which seemingly enables the removal of the mounting bolts and the assembly from the outside of the car, presumably to avoid having to dismantle the door when a dealer needs to repair one of those tiresome minor accidents. 

I just wished to record that I am very grateful for the perpetrator's kind consideration in not damaging the door, and to ask that if any CAer is offered a pristine condition, electrically adjusted, door mirror assembly to fit a silver MX5 Mk2 (complete, minus the electrical plug connector) at a knockdown price, that they would be kind enough to administer some abitrary justice in my name and return the item to me.  I will, naturally, recompense any postage and packing charge so incurred.....

Much more pleasant and gentlemanly to deal with than my than lad's car, which some scrote coveted and took a key to a week or so ago......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 12:09:23 am »

Sh!t

what a piece of scum

I am sorry Mark

I would be delighted to participate in administration of justice punishment

I'll ask around to see if there's anything like that round 'ere, but the shortage is prolly why your wife's one disappeared

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 01:01:10 am »

...but the shortage is prolly why your wife's one disappeared

Indeed, I imagine so particularly as there are none on ebay and the only source seems to be new ones from the main dealers, although i haven't tried the internet scrappies yet.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 02:52:06 am »

Hi Mark,
          My sympathy on your missing mirror. My first experience of theft was when someone removed a mirror from my FIRST motorcycle.
On the replacement issue: What is behind  is of no consequence  Grin

Phil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 07:15:28 am »

I hate folk who do this kind of thing.  Angry

Looking on the bright side,  Wink at least it must make a pleasant change to be done over again (your lad's car included) somewhere other than a LM campsite  Sad

Whatever, I have spoken with the Commer who is extremely vexed about matters. In a dawn ritual this morning, which involved me dancing naked wearing high-heeled slingbacks and the skinned face of freshly slaughtered virgin nanny goat, the necessary curses have been laid upon the perpetrators...  Evil

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 09:08:47 am »

I lent my Mk1 MX5 to my son who is temporarily without wheels, spent £200 adding him onto the insurance, first night he's got it someone smashes the drivers door mirror glass. Main dealer - £155 to replace the whole unit. Halfords, £17 to replace the mirrored glass. "What shall I do Dad"? Go to Halfords son.

I tested negative for patience.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 01:55:49 pm »

Sliverlake Autos in Botley have a Black Mk2 that has mirrors if you get stuck.
I was just on the phone to them and they want £45+ the dreaded.

PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: