Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 02:21:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Booze limit imposed for Bathhurst 1000  (Read 7367 times)
BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 01:10:53 pm »

Ha .. at last a funny thread.... They cant drink properly anyway and their beer is sh*t! I suggest an English Stella promotion with lots of free samples. Chaos!
Possibly followed by a Jagermiester testing....

Grin

Guys

Sorry to put a dampener on this thread but exactly 6 months ago ( 8th Oct ) my Mrs was suddenly given 24 hours to live after diagnosis of immediate liver failure and she certainly didn't go at like these guys. No notice, no warning, nothing to tell me I would be looking for a new partner now. No spirits just a regular tipple of Vermouth watching tele.

This was on the news last night so not the only one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8293651.stm

So you guys will understand that I'll probably be in the mood to slip one or two down tomorrow.

Stay cool but don't be daft.

BryanC

And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:54 pm »

And has anyone tried drinking 4 litres of wine in a day?  According to my alcocalculator, if drinking 500ml per hour, you're ready for a fight after 1 litre, confused at 3 litres, paralytic at 4 litres, but close to death at 5 litres. 
[/quote]

Lorry - surely that is less than 6 of our standard wine bottles (750ml ??)  - so a normal case of 6 bottles is 4.5 litres.
Standard Le Mans fayre in my book. But would not recommend drinking beer before / after!

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 06:57:43 pm »

The fun police were certainly out in force at Bathurst, I had a drug dog go through my camper van twice, I got breathalized on the way in and got stopped at a police check point every time I went up the mountain even though I hadn't left the track, just driving between the bottom and the top for convenience. You could only take in 24 cans per day, so if you were there for 4 days, you still weren't allowed 4 cases, only 1 and you had to go out each day to buy for the next day. Didn't stop people hiding it though and my neighbours sneaked in 12 cases hidden in various places in their vehicle.

The same neighbours on the campsite started drinking at 7.30 am every day and went through to about 10 pm each day but they were a great bunch of lads.

They even had the riot squad up there and even put out peoples fires if they were too big and issued official warnings. I was only watching them put out a fire but got told to return to my own campsite. So no burnouts or anything or you were thrown out. Kill joys !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: