Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 02:59:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Right, 2011 for sure  (Read 8523 times)
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 08:28:53 am »

not an expert on this, BUT, dates need to be ratified by the FiA?  I'm sure they will, though this is usually done at the end of the year or thereabouts?

In the past that has certainly been the case. I wonder though that this year (for next year), because of the significant rule changes the ACO has got an early agreement with the FiA to give potential entrants enough lead time to develop their cars, plus with new leadership at the FiA maybe the stance and co-operation between the ACO and FiA has changed slightly. Also, did I not see footage or hear of Jean Todt being present at some point over the weekend?

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 09:14:04 am »

not an expert on this, BUT, dates need to be ratified by the FiA?  I'm sure they will, though this is usually done at the end of the year or thereabouts?

In the past that has certainly been the case. I wonder though that this year (for next year), because of the significant rule changes the ACO has got an early agreement with the FiA to give potential entrants enough lead time to develop their cars, plus with new leadership at the FiA maybe the stance and co-operation between the ACO and FiA has changed slightly. Also, did I not see footage or hear of Jean Todt being present at some point over the weekend?

I thought that the FIA only got involved with dates for FIA sanctioned championships,  I don't think LM comes under them.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
John G

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 09:22:46 am »

Also, did I not see footage or hear of Jean Todt being present at some point over the weekend?

Yes, he was definately there, showed him chatting with Jean Alesi on the TV
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 10:22:52 am »

I thought that the FIA only got involved with dates for FIA sanctioned championships,  I don't think LM comes under them.

you're right, i thought 'normally' there was a level of discussion so there isn't a major clash of events?  Hence the usual announcement much later on in the year.  Of course this now buggers up the hope of 'cheaper' crossing as normally we can take an educated guess and prebook before the ferry companies offer their preferrential rates for race week.

Oh well, lets up my disability living allowance goes up in line with ferry and French of cost of living... Grin

Is that you hinting at making the trip next year FS???  Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 10:41:58 am »

Although the 24hrs is not an FiA event, the LM Bugatti circuit is and the ACO do run FiA events, so they have to be civil to eachother. Plus the GT regs in recent years have become aligned between the ACO and FiA, so there is a subtle common ground emerging.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: