Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 02:46:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket Ordering for 2011  (Read 109046 times)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2010, 03:49:15 pm »

I get the impression it's not worth bothering with the ACO, and paying out that little bit extra for a guaranteed place with one of the agencies.

Couldn't agree more ...

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2010, 05:53:46 pm »

I get the impression it's not worth bothering with the ACO, and paying out that little bit extra for a guaranteed place with one of the agencies.

Couldn't agree more ...

I think the ACO think the same about the public - "not worth bothering"  and use "the agencies."          less hassel for them  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:34:27 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2010, 06:47:11 pm »

Will you be coming next year or are you still working on the Iranian nuclear programme? Grin

I believe I will be coming. Mr Ahmedinejad permitting, obviously.

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2010, 10:47:40 am »

Has anyone managed to order any tickets either by phone or email?

As the online ordering still doesnt show the camping I want Ive ordered nothing yet.

However the email that I sent on Friday requesting camping was read yesterday afternoon but no response yet.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2010, 12:29:30 pm »

However the email that I sent on Friday requesting camping was read yesterday afternoon but no response yet.

Same has happened to me, but as they didn't then send the message to order online, then prehaps it worked.
Time will tell.
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2010, 10:02:07 am »

Barry

A lot of chat on this has been posted on Pistonheads too, where many ACO members have not been able to book as they wished.  Those that have got through by phone or email have been met with apologetic ACO staff who are as confused with the web set-up as everyone else trying to book.

The issue with the mobile phone numbers seems to be that the ACO have a recorded phone number against your membership, which is probably incorrect for almost everyone, but, when the booking is made the text message is sent to the correct mobile number - if I read the posts correctly. Strange but true, apparently.

Anyway, I really do hope eveyone gets the bookings they wish to have or it will dampen the mood even if the sun's shining.

Best,

Russell
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2010, 11:21:54 am »

Sussed the ACO's website re phone number log in's.

Ignore log in box on right, if you have not already ordered, you are not registered on their ticketing system yet.

When you have finished putting things in your basket proceed.

A page will appear with log in details in the top section, and new customer registration below.

Fill in both sections, with your phone number, and what password you want.

It should then work, you will be registered on the ticket system, and it will then take you to the payment section.

P.S.  If you don't get the pop up on the tribunes section, try firefox.

Hope this clears things up a bit.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:24:22 am by Barry » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2010, 11:28:45 am »

Checking your order.

Next time you access the ticket office, after ordering tickets, you will get the boxes for your names, your ACO number, and now the password you gave them.
Fill these in and it should log you in.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2010, 01:25:28 pm »

Wow , what a complex ordering system!  Imagine if amazon or Play.co were so complicated - they would go bust!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2010, 01:40:33 pm »

Wow , what a complex ordering system!  Imagine if amazon or Play.co were so complicated - they would go bust!

But they are not French, whose motto seems to be why make something simple, when you can make it differcult.

Deb's comments on online commerce in France are intresting, they seem to be several years behind the UK and US.
I have been trying to contact a couple of French companies by email, so far no luck with replies.
The ACO only seemed to get the idea of emails about 3 years ago, before that they only responded to fax's Roll Eyes
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2010, 03:42:46 pm »

Maybe the ACO need to have a chat with SNCF , I used their system to order my train tickets as far back as 2001 and it worked without a hitch with the tickets delivered at no extra cost to the UK.

In fact I first ordered a camping ticket online in 2004!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 05:21:45 pm by redstu » Logged
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2010, 06:23:37 pm »

Maybe the ACO need to have a chat with SNCF , I used their system to order my train tickets as far back as 2001 and it worked without a hitch with the tickets delivered at no extra cost to the UK.

In fact I first ordered a camping ticket online in 2004!

Err, no, let's not refer the ACO to the SNCF or the ACO will be on strike next.
SNCF are worse than British Rail were in the 70s and 80s!
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2010, 05:00:24 pm »

So apart from what is "available" on line , has anyone had confirmation of their order placed by phone, fax, email or carrier pigeon?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2010, 06:04:33 pm »

In a word - No!

Steve East Anglian cobras

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2010, 07:30:02 pm »

I heard a nice and interesting story from one of the ticket agencies. I ordered 10 MB pitches through a UK ticket agency and also through a dutch ticket agency. The first one promised me 10 adjacent pitches on MB, and I was assured I would get the tickets. Only to find out from the dutch agent, that that was a lie, nobody can offer MB yet, because it will be only package deals sold by Ticket agencies and that none had had their allocations yet, so most are taking a gamble when promising tickets to customers. It was the same last year. they did not open up the sale for MB untill late may, explaining why the place was half empty.  Looks like the ACO does not want us to order through them, but through the marked up TA´s.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: