Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 05:45:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Proposal for improvements to CA main site
Leave it as it is
Wiki + Blog
Wiki only
Blog only
no preference

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed Club Arnage makeover for 2006 - Comments please  (Read 11262 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 02:18:44 pm »

Like both ideas.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 03:45:09 pm »

Dave, i like the suggestions, especially 1 & 3, what sought of server space will we have for photographs etc? I'm asking as a lot of us use Webshots and Flickr etc for our LM trips and meets. Peter

Not thought of that...  maybe CA should also freehost LM images.  I could include image gallery in the blogger. That way you could have pics hosted with us.

Dave, couple of ways to tackle the file size, either specify it as per avatar now, ie, 500 pixels wide @ 72dpi JPEG or have a convertor.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 08:12:57 pm »

Blog & wiki is perfect, please leave the forum untouched as it works fine

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2005, 11:28:08 am »

Dave, the Wiki idea sounds interesting.  I'm sure with the collective efforts and knowledge of those on this site, it could be very worthwhile.

As to Blogs, I'm not normally in the habit of writing a 'diary' but I imagine this would be a useful feature for us to publish our race experiences and photos.

And for the forum - first class - to remain as is please.

Steve East Anglian cobras

keithk
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2005, 04:15:43 pm »

Its taken me two weeks to figure out you have removed the - from between club and arnage woundered why I lost all the buttons on the home page Roll Eyes
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2005, 12:47:57 pm »

Its taken me two weeks to figure out you have removed the - from between club and arnage woundered why I lost all the buttons on the home page Roll Eyes

Shouldn't make any difference, the '-' version and the dehyphenated CA are exactly the same. In fact they both use exactly the same filesystem on the same server. It's just two virtual hosts pointing at the same heap of HTML.

If your buttons don't work then it's more likely that you have a cache issue on your PC that your machine is getting confused over.

I hope Lennart might get to helping me set up the blog+wiki some time after christmas. At that time I might create a separate site for testing (maybe using the '-' domain).

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 07:52:51 pm »

1 - Keep the forum as it is

2 - Extra stuff that will add to the information available would be great - as you say needs to be moderated/checked (happy to help there if you need)

Otherwise, thanks for the work that already goes into making it a great site.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Papa Lazarou

Driving slowly to make you all look faster...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 11:37:01 pm »

As a newbie here, I like the layout of the forums - there's not too many different areas like some I could mention.

As for the Wiki and Blog?  Excellent idea.  I've always wanted one of those.  Are they as good as Bang & Olfsen?  (Sorry... Wink)
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 12:02:28 am »

Like Papa, just getting used to the layout (having been chastised for not signing up sooner) but wiki and blog seems like the right way to go..
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 09:45:09 pm »

Hi
I have been logging on to the Sebring fans forum recently and even as this one stands it blows the US site away.

Much more sensible as well... most of the time.

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 09:16:34 am »

I think the forum part of the web site works well, so would be in favour of keeping it the same, I don’t often look at the rest as it seems to be out of date most of the time (appreciate it would be a big commitment to keep it up), so the addition of the "wicki" and a "blog" feature would be good as they would be interesting and self maintaining.

I agree.

Forum seems to work fine and easy to use, etc.

But agree with the comments about the rest of the site (but I can only assume it is difficult to maintain a site on a full time basis).

I think any improvement to content and variety of info on the main site would be good.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 11:24:16 pm »

Hi Dave,

I've just been setting up a wiki for my local Linux User Group.  It took  about 30 min If you like I can set one as a sand pit for those not familiar with Wikis to play with and it may also give every one an idea of how usfull a wiki would be. 

I'd be happy to moderate/edit the wiki when it comes.

What do you think?

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
moped boy
CA Veteran

beer makes life btr, its pretty bad so drink more!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 10:44:31 pm »

yeah, this whole idea sounds good. especially the wiki, i use Wikipedia for research ect and it can be very useful if upto date. hope you can achieve all of this! Moped boy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 02:03:03 pm by moped boy » Logged

Life is short, Party Naked!
Mike Philippens
CA Veteran

Racing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 01:09:56 pm »

Wiki is actually the abbreviation of the German term "Wissenskiste" which means something like "knowledge box" when translated one to one.
Hmm...never heard that one before. I always believed it to mean:
A wiki, meaning "quick" or "informal" in Hawaiian, is a collaborative article that is updated with new and improved information submitted and published by the audience, not just by an author or authors.
More info in the mother of all Wiki's: WikiPedia

Regards,
Mike Philippens
mgilvey
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 05:26:42 am »

I think you should do both Dave. How have you been? I will be going to the race this year as a spectator (not media, unfortunately) and will be in Parking Bleu. Anyway, thread hijack asside, I think you need both the blog and the wicki.

Mark

See my photos I took at Le Mans in 1999/2000 when I had media credentials on my website.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: