Club Arnage
May 18, 2024, 09:44:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMS Silverstone  (Read 169808 times)
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2007, 04:34:39 pm »

A 10 minute walk (max) to Copse Corner and a 5 minute walk to the local pub

Site sounds strategically excellent.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2007, 04:36:57 pm »

Whittlebury Hall then?
I vote that we just get the thing booked - dare say we can have a good time wherever we are and there are decent facilities there.
All agree?

Steve

I agree - I think that between us we have exhausted all other avenues.  I will book later today.

Del

Sorry, Del, if this has been covered already.  Are you block booking or should we all do this individually?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2007, 04:42:55 pm »

Well I think I'm going to come now, so Whittlebury Hall sounds OK to me. Smiley
Nice one- looking forware to finally meeting you. Could you bring lovely pork heaven Rillette? I brought a load back and have scoffed the lot already!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2007, 04:50:40 pm »

Ah ha a money making idea. Deb takes orders for French produce, loads up her car, and charges a commission which goes to the server fund.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2007, 04:53:26 pm »

Are you block booking or should we all do this individually?

Would prefer a block booking. Just in case they go all ACO-ish, and spread us all over the place.

I will come by van, and intend to sleep in it. Does that count as a campervan or should I stay with the tent-lads?

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2007, 04:56:05 pm »

Sorry, Del, if this has been covered already.  Are you block booking or should we all do this individually?

I should have stated this - apols, and glad to hear that you are now scheduled to attend Termie.

I re-post below the post I made some time ago.  The first bit is the response I got from my contact with Whittlebury Hall.  Best if we each make our own bookings.

Hello Mr Appleyard,

We are able to accommodate you all for camping over the LMES event at Silverstone.  The people booking electric hook ups will not be able to camp with the others although they will not be too far away.  All people booking must complete a booking form and return to us with a cheque no later than 7 days prior to the event.

Regards

Louise King

Camping Co-ordinator

------------------------------------------------

Booking form is here:  
http://www.whittlebury.com/pp/uploads/Camping_Form_2007.pdf

When you fill this in, in the space for 'Event', put LMS and '(CLUB ARNAGE)' - may help to keep us together as much as possible.  If Donny last year is anything to go by, the site won't exactly be full anyway.

Only hope that the party who complained about the 'Vette being fired up at 3.30am is not coming this year!

Post on here when you have made a booking - saying tent, 'van or camper - and I'll keep track of numbers.

Del

« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 09:50:48 pm by DelBoy » Logged

Team Delboy Racing
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2007, 04:57:36 pm »

Well I think I'm going to come now, so Whittlebury Hall sounds OK to me. Smiley
Nice one- looking forware to finally meeting you. Could you bring lovely pork heaven Rillette? I brought a load back and have scoffed the lot already!
Remind me nearer the time and yup, I'll bring some.  I will try to stop Paul from noshing the lot while they're stored in his fridge. (It's happened!)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2007, 05:00:12 pm »

There is no truth in the rumour that I decided to come once I discovered there was a pub within walking distance.

rcutler
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2007, 05:08:36 pm »

Paddy, just book in as a tent, I will be with the main bunch even if in the camper as I don't require electrics for the weekend. Generators are allowed on the tent field anyway.

I will not book until nearer the time as I am not sure whether I will bring the camper or just a tent.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2007, 05:10:57 pm »

There is no truth in the rumour that I decided to come once I discovered there was a pub within walking distance.
hahaha .... I'm sure not   Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2007, 05:12:26 pm »

What gives at the circuit on Friday - ie should I book from Thursday or Friday night?

Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2007, 05:15:25 pm »

Now that Berni's circus has left town. I will get back to badgering the people I know up at Silverstone. I know it might be a bit too late in the day for some of you but if we keep pestering, we might get somthing like we had two years ago. (no jokes about guy ropes please)

Also I have had a look at a few of the pubs with gardens here abouts and they are not realy viable, most are to far from the track compaired to Whittlebury Hall or lack facilities.

Keep you updated, and see you there.

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2007, 10:00:43 pm »

What gives at the circuit on Friday - ie should I book from Thursday or Friday night?

Debs

No detailed schedule yet, but look here for current info:
http://www.lemans-series.com/2007/uk/silverstone/index.asp

I'm scheduled to arrive lunchtime(ish) on the friday, as are a few others.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2007, 10:15:07 pm »

Booked my camping - anothing thing crossed off my endless list of things to do.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2007, 10:56:07 pm »

Post on here when you have made a booking - saying tent, 'van or camper - and I'll keep track of numbers.

Didn't see a difference in booking a tent or a caravan/mobile home, so I just left that open.
Have booked for Roy (knetter) and myself though, the other Dutch will have to book for themselves as booking is per vehicle.

Our arrival time at Folkstone is due to be 12.25 on Friday 14th of September, so knetter and I should arrive somewhere half three (if the M25 and M1 will let us through).
We should be back at Folkstone for 10 PM on Sunday, which leaves us plenty to leave on time after the race.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: