Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 10:50:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who, when, where.  (Read 46000 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2005, 12:36:06 pm »

This year setting off from North East late on Wednesday collecting the lads on the way down, sunrise at Stonehenge (its close enough to mid summer this year- the hippies and wierdos that hang around at that time of year are a sight worth a short detour!) and the early Thursday morning crossing from Poole to Cherbourg.
Camping is on Bleu again. Will miss parade this year for a day swimming in the Loire or something along those lines. Hog roast on Friday night, race Sat and Sun, overnight ferry Caen to pompey and home for lunch to plan for 2006!
No exotic machinery again this year-Merc V-class will carry more stuff and gets the nod again. Will wheel out something better for the classic'06

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2005, 09:32:13 pm »

Already posted the travel plans :

Motors are - 996 Turbo, 996 C2, 993 C2,

Should be fun

Jem
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2005, 11:00:44 am »

Team Cannonball will be firing down to Dover a ridiculous o'clock on Thursday morning to make the ferry out of Dover. Arriving on BSJ mid pm on thursday. Leaving early on monday via citte europe to stock up on booze and smelly cheese.  Only one motor this year, 4 of us, two birds this year - it could all end in disaster.

Can hardly contain myself.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2005, 11:16:47 am »

Due to work commitments we have had to change our plans and are now catching the midnight Thursday Dover-Calais, return Monday afternoon. No trailer this year so should make good time,should arive on HA early on Friday, hope there is still space. One car one van and a couple of ex pats driving up from southern Spain with a car load of booze even cheaper than France.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2005, 04:27:32 pm »

John Boy, Kitty and Beeker.  Bognor to Portsmouth to Caen Tuesday night, Houx by Wednesday Lunchtime.  Proper meal and COLD bottle of wine Sunday (some pub in Arnage).  Sober up and Home on Monday. Cool

If sponges didn't grow in the sea just think how deep it would be!!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2005, 05:32:25 pm »

Mark (not JPC), myself & caravan.

Dover -> Dunkerque on Norfolkline, Sun 12 June @ 10:00
Dunkerque -> Dover, Sun 19 June @ 19:30 (yes, I'll have to miss the end of the race...)

I booked it in Jan. P&O Dover-Calais were a massive £320, Norfolkline was just £180. P&O have now re-priced and similar crossing would be £152. But Norfolkline won't refund anything...so P&O lost business by their lethargy and I have an extra 25 - 30 miles each way as a result. Undecided

Arriving Maison Blanche, and aiming for the Golden Triangle during Sunday evening.

Can't wait!  Cool Cool
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2005, 10:12:19 pm »

Hi Just a novice at this gang but have been going to LM since '85.
Travelling from Guernsey in the Channel Islands, this year with my Brother Babbling Pastis Man..trust me he does, finally got him away from Mobike LM. Anyway are there any forum members from Guernsey?
Great babble guys, been reading daily, - you are so lucky having been to Sebring.
.......anyway travelling from Guernsey to St Malo on wed 15, bbq and wine/vodka, thurs big breakfast and late lunch then qualy, big Brek early lunch and then get totally arsxd on friday in the Globe bar LM and sleeping through the sat morning race! well that is what I have done the last three years but what the heck. Perhaps I am in too much of a routine!! Have actually been by myself for the last 3 years, no not sad, just wanted a break and be able to do what and when I wanted. Happy LM to all M.

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2005, 12:14:57 pm »

For the record, Beermountain outline plans -

Travel:

Mr Toad & Baldrick on the Pompey- Caen Sun night job
Main crew (Mr Disco, Swiss, Kojak, Doctor, Davros & Buzz) -on the same run Wed night
All crew returning Mon night - same run

Wheels:

1 Thor Infinity motorhome, 1 Range Rover, 1 BMW 3 series pimp mobile, 1 Willys jeep, 1 transit van, 1 trailer, 8 Mk2 Raleigh Choppers, 1 Chipper.

MB, behind all the scaffolders but close enough to the golden triangle...

Hope to catch up with some of you on the ferry over... Wink

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2005, 12:53:43 am »

OK then my lot, should call ourselves TeamAA@LeMans or something. At least 6 of us are AAMen, don't hold that against us.do we not drink eat and fart like everyone else? Ask Steve he slept in the next camping site to us last year at Houx Annexe...

We are travelling doen in two waves this year:

My Midget with John as co-pilot
Terry in his Jag. Dave is his Co-pilot
John in his porker, not sure if John has a passenger yet!

We travel (as mentioned earlier) to get the 11.15 Speedferries on Wednesday at some godforsaken time, to get us from Brum to Dover.

Then on Thursday our backup crew with the gazebos and pool will come across from Dover.

Stuart will be assisted by Nick in the V8 Moggy traveller
(Stu's Audi estate is back up vehicle, on a "just in case"  basis.
Rob and Stu's cousin in another Audi est (cannot have too many carrefour beer shuttles I say!)
Sean will be in an unspecified as yet, armoured assault vehicle to clobber the itinerant beach buggy soaking crew that tried hard but failed to totally soak us last year.

I still harbour resentment at having my best yet LeMansBurger soaked to its little skin last time. Revenge will be sweet, so will the extra strong pickle on the burger.

I hope Steve will save us a piece near him again. We will be a ferry behind you Steve...

Bill
 Cool

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2005, 01:20:46 pm »

Speedferries fo not take caravans or motorhomes Cry Cry Cry

We have booked the supergadget on Speedferries, you have to be under 7 meters and under a certain hight. (I am going to have to check it tho as you have got me worried now!) But yes they do not take Caravans, or trailers, so no Moke this year for us Cry

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2005, 11:32:32 am »

I'm glad we don't have to cross the channel!!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
JB.
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2005, 02:27:44 pm »

Travelling Wednesday Night Poole to Cherbourg
Convoy :- Drift Skyline, Ferrari 355, Brooke, Supra, Spitfire, Pink Mercedes and a big white van lol.
Trying houx annexe this year then off on monday destination unknown, booked the week off Wink CAN'T WAIT!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 02:36:49 pm by JB. » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2005, 11:57:05 am »

Outward on the Tuesday overnighter Portsmouth to Caen.
Return on the Monday afternoon Portsmouth to Caen.
Both look like CA specials Smiley

Transport, Ducati M750 with new go louder pipes Grin, loaded up with luggage and a fat bloke on top.

Arriving Bleu about 9am ish, usually in the overflow field to get some shade. Flag will be on side of tent.

Andy's on the Wednesday morning Portsmouth to Le Havre, returning via Cherbourg on Monday afternoon.
Red Yamaha 900.

CA met at the Rudmore Cellers Tuesday evening?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 09:58:52 pm by Barry » Logged
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2005, 06:13:07 pm »

Follow up of Barries post(thank you)
Andy will be at Bleu Weds about 6pm from LeHarve on red Yamaha perversion 900. (gagging for a cold beer or 3) possibility of a LM virgin riding shotgun.
look forward to seeing you all at either the tetre rouge weds at 9pm for the moose meat (opps meet) or at the shampoo bar saturday 9pm.
safe journey to you all.

Andy
The Planman
CA Veteran

Fresh Orange Juice isn't fresh without Vodka

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2005, 02:23:41 pm »

OK - Team Crapaud and their "It's Behind You Tour" are starting to get final numbers together like this

Wed 15th - The forward party, Jersey - St Malo 09:10 - Keith Cuda(3rd Year), Phil (4th Year) and Craig (Newbie) Maison Blanche in a 1970's Plymouth Cuda.

Thurs 16th - The middle watch, Jersey - St Malo 09:10 - The Planman (8th Year), PK The distructor (9th Year) Maison Blanche in 1995 Audi 80.  Andy (2nd  Year) Adrian (2nd Year) and Bertie (Newbie). This band known as the Lifeboat Boys, Maison Blanche in some brand new People Carrier yet to be sorted.

Friday 17th - Tail end Charlies - Guernsey to St Malo, sometime around lunch, C**t on a Bike (2 Year), don't ask the make, all I know it's Black  Grin On Maison Blanche.  Steve (4th Year) and two others in a couple of Porche 911's.

So - see you there  Cool

Planman

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: