Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 10:41:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 - Comments  (Read 28600 times)
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 04:34:50 pm »

Raikkonen may feel justifiably aggrieved that, in the event that Alonso or Hamilton wins the title, a probable world title has been stolen from him - the record-books only remember the winner after all.

No doubt the lawyers will be very busy over the winter.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 05:38:23 pm »

Raikkonen may feel justifiably aggrieved that, in the event that Alonso or Hamilton wins the title, a probable world title has been stolen from him - the record-books only remember the winner after all.

No doubt the lawyers will be very busy over the winter.

I expect Raikkonen is busy deleting emails he sent Ferrari disclosing the inner workings of Mclaren from his time there!

What really narks Todt is that McLaren have made a much better job of making the 07 ferrari than they could.

At the end of the day the sport is the loser and F1 has slid futher into the mire than ever before. Quite what ferrari have gaind is hard to fathom, sure they will win the Constructors, but the win will be tainted and worthless.

They would have been better advised to sack stepney and stop the flow of info and then try to make their car better rather than run crying to the teacher IMHO (is there someone called Ian Micheal Howard Oliver in the house?)

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 08:44:57 am »

They would have been better advised to sack stepney and stop the flow of info....

....or start feeding them duff info to halt their progress.... Roll Eyes
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 12:38:44 pm »

They would have been better advised to sack stepney and stop the flow of info....

....or start feeding them duff info to halt their progress.... Roll Eyes

Or stop paying Stepney to pass on info? Lips Sealed

Mines a Gin & Tonic
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 07:03:35 pm »

Saw on itv.com/f1 web site, and heard on radio 5 today.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo

Ferrari’s difficulties gave McLaren a clear run at victory in the rain-drenched race, with Lewis Hamilton ultimately coming out on top and moving to the brink of the world championship.

But the Ferrari president has reiterated his belief that a title victory for the Briton would be tainted by the espionage saga.

“I still think that in the spying affair it was a serious mistake not to disqualify the McLaren drivers as well [as the team],” Montezemolo said.

“It means that if Hamilton were to win the title he will win it partly thanks to Ferrari, because there is a lot of Ferrari in his car.”

Roll Eyes

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 09:06:57 pm »

Luca di Montezemolo is upset that the "customer" car is beating the factory car Grin

ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 09:18:25 pm »

I spoke to one of my customers today whose hubby works for Mclaren and she said that they have taken the fine on the nose.........because Ferrari have the FIA in their pocket and if they were to fight from their corner the FIA might just increase the current fine.

So as somebody said previously FIA......Ferrari International Assistance Sad

Mind you there has always been tension between the teams for as long as I can remember.......1976 British GP at Brands Hatch,comes to mind,when James Hunt initially won the race only to to be diqualified a couple of weeks later due to a technicality.                                                       There there was an almighty shunt at paddock on the first lap and Hunt went into the back of the pits to have the car sorted ,only to be told he should have completed one lap before he could enter the pits!!!..........and Yes you guessed it.....Ferrari put in the appeal to have him disqualified from the race.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 10:50:38 pm »

A very simplistic question......

$100m dollar fine.

Who gets it.. Ecclestone or Ferrari?

If the latter, why arent their cars winning?

If the former, why does he need any more, is it because he needs another state of the art Rolex?

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 10:17:15 am »

Did anything happen about the fact that Ferrari "didn't know" that they were obliged to start the race on full wets last weekend when everybody else (including the BBC commentators who normally don't seem to have a clue what's going on on the track)did?  I'm sure that would have been a valid excuse if it had come from any other team.... Roll Eyes

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 12:15:17 pm »

and apparently not a single person on the grid pointed it to them that they were starting the race on the incorrect tyres.  I wonder why that might be?
Grin

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
sh4rpsh00ter

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2007, 09:54:22 pm »

The F1 carry on is getting a bit OtT. First there's the carry on of the spygate scandal, as if its never been done before and Ferrari or any other team aren't guilty of it (they just havn't been caught!!).

What really pisses me off about F1 is the bitching between the drivers. Hamilton wins in Japan, Webber, sorry thats Mark Webber, typical whinging Aussie no-one, complains that he drove erratically behind the safety car, and then Alonso jumps in and bitches about his team mate as well (talk about back stabbing - Ron Dennis would do well to sack him), secretly hoping he'll be stripped of points, allowing him to have a better chance of winning the world championship. Sour bloody grapes or what.

To me it just proves that the world of F1 is only for the vain, bring on Hamilton in LM, lets see a talented British driver (sorry to dfH) do well in a decent race series, where there is no of the carry on.

To me LM (and the series) represents a very large part of the motor racing calender and is overtaken only by Bernies ego. Get rid of mosely and him and it'd be a much better affair.

Just imagine proper racing with the publicity it deserves!!!
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2007, 11:16:10 pm »

Get rid of mosely

Agreed, especially after calling Sir Jackie Stewart a 'certified half-wit'. Not a comment I would expect from a man in his position.

ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2007, 12:50:51 am »

from f1/itv

Hamilton's driving to be investigated
Thursday, 04, October, 2007, 12:07 

Lewis Hamilton is facing a stewards' investigation into his driving while under the safety car in the Japanese Grand Prix.

The officials are understood to be considering whether Hamilton could have contributed to the collision between Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel that took the duo out of second and third places during the second caution period at Fuji.

"New evidence has been brought to the stewards' attention and they are currently investigating the matter," an FIA spokesman told autosport.com.

Vettel said at the time that he had hit Webber while distracted by Hamilton slowing unexpectedly.

“I was exiting turn 13 and looking at Lewis, because all of a sudden he seemed to slow down really much and I thought he had a problem at that stage," Vettel told ITV Sport's Louise Goodman in Japan.

“And by the time I was looking back to the front I was already crashing into Mark’s rear end.”

In today's pre-event press conference at Shanghai, Webber – who had originally pinned the blame for the crash firmly on Vettel – also suggested that Hamilton had been accelerating and braking unexpectedly behind the safety car.

"It definitely contributed to Sebastian hitting me up the back that we were confused at what the other car was doing because he wasn’t doing what you are supposed to do," Webber said.

"I think he did a s*** job behind the safety car.

"He spoke in the drivers' briefing about how good a job he was going to do and then he did the job the opposite way – so we know for next time, it's no problem."

However after winning at Fuji, Hamilton said it had been necessary to brake sharply because of the braking material McLaren had been using – and suggested it was Webber whose driving had been erratic.

"We just needed to keep the heat in the brakes," he said.

"I was running quite a hard compound of brakes, so if I did light braking, I would have glazed the brakes.

"So I was making sure there was a little bit of a gap, maximising the gap that you're allowed and [using] it to my benefit.

"It was tough because Mark behind me was just too close, and all of a sudden he braked really hard and I don't know what happened – someone ran into him.

"I was constantly on the radio to my engineers to tell the Red Bull team to get Mark to make a little more of a gap because I couldn't go any faster because the pace car was in front of me.

"So I was trying to keep the distance with him and then I'd move over because I couldn't see Mark and then he'd just appear alongside me, so he kept outbraking himself.

"I felt something was going to happen, and I guess my instincts told me right."

from above
New evidence has been brought to the stewards' attention

WHAT a LOAD of Bulls%ht -  If theyb where to take points from Hamilton, what would happen to the F1 sport in the UK?

The world is getting mad?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2007, 02:19:39 am »

Mosley has had his way as he did at the debacle of the US GP a few years ago.

Typical facist being the son of a 'blackshirt'.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2007, 11:28:43 am »

being the son of a 'blackshirt'.

-wasn't there a splinter group, "The Brownpants"?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: