Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 12:50:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferrari Spider  (Read 112952 times)
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2009, 09:29:09 pm »

Be very very carefull that you remain within your monthly data limit though, if you go beyond that things can get very costly .
(says the idiot who had to find that out the hard way)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2009, 09:45:02 pm »

PC world sell the Virgin dongle, it slots into a USB Slot, although the access speed is only going to be what ever the mobile speed is now - quite slow.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2009, 08:51:48 am »

Thought I saw a cheap one from Virgin the other day which had a half decent usage allowance. Work give us Vodafone ones. They really aren't *that* slow if you have a good signal - 300 - 400 kbps.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2009, 09:50:52 am »

I have a Vodafone one and it's pretty good - more than capable of running a hungry-noisy VPN over it too. I get 3gb/month (I think) for £12 (plus vat) which I reckon is a pretty good deal.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2009, 09:55:52 am »

I've been looking at these mobile internet deals for a while now but im a total computer idiot. What does 3gb/month get me?

They have lumps of what round the back???
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2009, 10:09:31 am »

I've been looking at these mobile internet deals for a while now but im a total computer idiot. What does 3gb/month get me?
According to Vodafone:
You could surf for 100 hours, send 2000 e-mails, download 200 music tracks and 100 short video clips

I run mine two days a week when I'm travelling using it to connect to work, run email and apps over etc. and I've never got anywhere near the inclusive allowance.

You should check coverage for where you are most likely to be though as my house in the UK is in a bit of a black spot so using it there can be a bit slow as it's not 3G - mostly though it's pretty good.
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 06, 2009, 11:14:48 am »

Mike - 3Gb/Month on voda costs me £14 a month and I use it reasonably heavily every day and never get near the limit. 12 month contract so not a long contract either which is a good thing...

The alternative is to get a t mobile phone with unlimited internet bundle and then use it as a modem for a laptop.
Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 06, 2009, 01:25:47 pm »

all sorted, didn't realise my BT service provides it free, so done that and got a beter package at a lower price, aren't BT magnificent!!!
Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2009, 12:31:52 pm »

well that's it, off now to the hopital, hopefully will have computer access in a couple of weeks or so when my bt dongle arrives via royal mail Huh  other then that see you all when i come out of the sin bin. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2009, 12:57:39 pm »

Good Luck FS

PM
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2009, 01:22:35 pm »

Good luck FS. Take it easy.

Mike

They have lumps of what round the back???
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2009, 06:37:26 pm »

I had a call from Mr Catchpole, he is finally settled in his Isolation ward, however he is trying to negotiate an upgrade to a business class room with a view over Southampton Docks rather than the central courtyard  Roll Eyes.  He has developed a bit of a temperature (could be down to paying too much attention to the Nurses bending over of course) so they are keeping an eye on him, otherwise in good spirits and look forward to getting it over with.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2009, 10:18:53 pm »

MGMark, Peters received your text and has asked me to remind you that silk smoking jackets, extended cigarettes and bat boys (for the use of....) maybe available to the higher eshilons of Her Majesty's service but are not available on the NHS.
Unfortunately he is into full barrier nursing, and the delights of Glacy (Cherry his Philippine Nurse) are most defiantly down to his imagination (and may involve a sock at some stage).
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2009, 11:39:29 pm »

MGMark, Peters received your text and has asked me to remind you that silk smoking jackets, extended cigarettes and bat boys (for the use of....) maybe available to the higher eshilons of Her Majesty's service but are not available on the NHS.
Unfortunately he is into full barrier nursing, and the delights of Glacy (Cherry his Philippine Nurse) are most defiantly down to his imagination (and may involve a sock at some stage).

Good to hear that the old chap is managing to manipulate the modern mobile telephone and use its text facilities without the aid of a signaller.  But, oh dear me, his mind must be getting addled these days.  Affectations of silk smoking jackets, cigarette holders and bat boys (officer, for the use of, quantity one) may have been de rigeur in the other Services, but never so in the RAF.  Much more youthful, exuberant and riff-raff in nature, with tastes in warm brown beer and comfortable WAAFS, is the RAF.  The WAAFs, of course, dispense with any requirement for self-administered "sock relief", so RAF chaps tend to use socks only for their intended purpose (as knitted or woven, normally by an obliging older relative, hosiery garments) to enclose the human foot to ease chafing between the foot and footwear, keep the feet warm, provide comfort, be fashionable and keep the feet clean. 

You might remind him that the RAF stems from much more resourceful, practical stock - such as the example set by "Tip It In" Terry Spencer, another of our WW2 veterans lost to us in the last few days, whose obituary appeared in the Times today, and from which I quote "In February 1945 he was shot down while attacking ground targets near Munster. He baled out and landed in a field beside some French slave workers but was soon surrounded by German soldiers. He was taken to a German interrogation centre, but escaped soon afterwards during an Allied bombing raid. Spencer and a New Zealander commandeered a motor bicycle, stole some petrol and reached the American lines. He rejoined his unit, by then in Holland, to be greeted by his CO and fighter ace Group Captain Johnny Johnson, who exclaimed: “Terry, where the bloody hell have you been the last five weeks?”.  On that basis, Peter can probably expect a polite enquiry of "Hello, old chap been away somewhere?" when he emerges victorious from his full barrier encounters with Nurse Gladys Emmanuel.....

MG Mark   
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:48:59 pm by mgmark » Logged

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2009, 10:40:08 am »

LoL, have printed and will pass on via his good lady.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: