Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 07:37:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferrari Spider  (Read 112736 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 02, 2009, 08:38:39 am »

Rambling maybe, but you hit the nail on the head.   Peter and I, plus Marius and many others over the last few years, have cause to thank CA for its continuing support and genuine friendship from those whom, in some cases, we hardly know.    Gives you a nice warm feeling at times when you probably feel like shooting yourself.  But don't because you know how many people are rooting for you.

Good to hear from you, FS.  Hope your nurses are as attractive (in their way Wink) as my Stephane is. Tongue  Think I'll take him home with me.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2009, 09:33:38 am »

Can't put it better in words Deb.

And Peter, hang in there buddy!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2009, 11:59:33 am »

Blimey, this is a place to behold Grin

Long time spent lurking round these parts, not known to many, but have recently come out as a CAer Roll Eyes (Please don't tell BM Shocked!!)

As a long time listener, I have followed a couple of threads over time, with particular interest. Mainly because of the reaction from many of you to what certain people are going thru, as opposed to the unimaginable nightmare of the events themselves - if you get my drift  Roll Eyes

As a relative outsider (certainly not knowing any of you rabble personally Grin - not least those intimately involved) it's bin a continual source of inspiration.

It's not only reading the continued support from everyone for those directly involved, but for those who are directly involved to a) continue to update their friends & fellow LMers about their circumstances and b) do so with such humour, candour & courage.

Yes I know, many of you are 'real' friends as opposed to 'virtual' friends, but that notwithstanding - it's pretty far king special Wink

Have wanted to offer my support for a while, but (being English!) never had the balls Shocked

So (even tho I don't know either of you)...

Debs, I wish you further success in your recovery - I get the drift that it seems to be going pretty well?

And to Peter...Chemo tomorrow (well today!!) doesn't exactly sound like a riot of laffs, nor the ensuing next few weeks, but if it's any help, there are very many (real & virtual) people, myself included, wanting to buy you a pint as soon as  - preferably en france Grin All the best fella Grin Grin

Apologies for rambling, probably too many ales! (I'll check for typos after some sleep Shocked Shocked)  but had to chuck in my sixpeneth Roll Eyes

SJ, you might not be a regular CAer in terms of the number of posts you've made on the forum, but you certainly are a true CAer in spirit. The generosity of spirit shown on here never ceases to amaze me. So hats off to you for your thoughtful and kind words, I'm sure they mean a great deal to those concerned.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2009, 02:48:49 pm »

I have met very few of the members of CA but still the 'team spirit' of it all is amazing Grin

FS,good luck mate. Dont forget your dongle Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2009, 04:48:48 pm »

"Thinks.....

Must get some oil in the old girl in case we have to dash dahn Saarff

Now then, what to put in the toolkit for toob unblocking poiposes?

I do have my dad's old almost not very rusty gimlet, allus does a good job unblocking the odd petrol pipe, so that's in...
The old trusty penknife that has a device especially designed to get boy scouts out of horse's a***s (I think), so that's in...
After the debacle of "needs to unblock long lengths of pipery" last year there's the manual squidgy pump that looks like the primer on the old regimental Gemini's outboard motor doohdah, that'll help...

And the five litre bottle of Laphroaig to enable emergency blood thinning when prescribed, I suppose Peter could have a wee droppy of that too..."

OK old man

ready to answer the call, should we be needed

really!

Keep it (and yer pecker) up Peter

Grin

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:20 pm »

The last few posts really are part of what CA is all about - aside from all the banter, it is offering what you can, when you can, to the others here.  And that happens in practical help, advice or just encouragment - long may it continue and we're all glad if it helps, even if all we can do sometimes is the last of those.

To the matter of the moment, which is about what Bill really needs to load Lara up to be at readiness to launch in response to an unblocking request, I think that his suggestions of the gimlet, penknife, squidgy pump and 5 litres of Lahproaig are excellent, although after one litre of the latter, Peter probably wouldn't notice the difference if the next 4 litres were cooking Bells whisky.  To ensure that we also ensure that Bill and Lara get through the NHS car parking fee cordon, a suitable diversion to enable access would probably also be in order - we find that the M61A1 Vulcan 20-mm Gatling gun works particularly well these days in diverting the attention of the guard towers with a good old show of force, and impresses the nurses no end....   

Now that's what we call low.....let me know.....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2009, 04:48:52 am »

Perdu the thingy on your pocket knife is for getting Boy Scouts out of the Horses HOOF not arse.  Grin
Pecker up Peter Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Phil
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2009, 12:19:08 pm »

Perdu the thingy on your pocket knife is for getting Boy Scouts out of the Horses HOOF not arse.  Grin
Phil

Hmm, I dunno Phil, it has such a wicked twist on its end I'm sure it will extract from anywhere on anything

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2009, 12:20:57 pm »

Phil

ooo eeerrr.. a frankie howerd moment there Wink

Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2009, 12:47:10 pm »

hell of a night, details to follow Huh
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2009, 12:55:58 pm »

That is an amazing Phantom picture Mark Grin
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2009, 02:28:04 pm »

I had a hell of a night too Peter, but I get the feeling mine was a lot more fun than yours.

Stay Strong
Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2009, 03:25:19 pm »

Hi Peter,
Was that Nurse Glacee' angel filling you with wilful thoughts again  Evil
all the best.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2009, 04:23:14 pm »

Hang in there Peter
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2009, 06:45:18 pm »

Just spoke to Mrs FS, Peter has started his treatment and the side effects are kicking in abit (he will provide the technical details later on) although they have given him a dose of Methadone to help him through. Apprently the side effects (shaking and high temperature) wear off after a while and he is in good spirits, but he has another 4 sessions to go....... Tongue
For anybody who would like to send him rude or even nice mail, his ward address is

Peter Catchpole
Ward C6L
Room 6,
Tremona Road
Southampton
SO1 6YD

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:49:44 am by Ian.. » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: