Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 05:28:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx Annexe For sale  (Read 16497 times)
weedeek
CA Veteran

31 years and counting

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2005, 09:09:01 am »

Well, here we are again. That time of year. Like to say hello again and looking forward to seeing old friends again.

And guess what??? I have 2 Houx Annexe camping tickets for sale.
They have been paid for, but, as usual still waiting on them from the ACO.

Can send them out, if they are here on time, or we can meet at Le Mans, i will be there from monday lunch time.
Hope your all well, and have a good Le Mans
Derek
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 09:43:19 am »

Hi Derek

I know there are at least a couple of Forum regulars who are after Houx Annexe tickets. Can I be so bold as to say that to make sure they go to a regular I will have them and guarantee you the money so that we vcan ensure they don't end up in the wrong hands and on "that auction site"

Cheers

Mark
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 09:45:34 am »

Hi Derek

May I have them please?Huh?
Email me on paul@elcon.co.uk ASAP and I'll arrange money transfer, collection etc...

Regards
Robbo_28

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 09:52:33 am »

Dear Mr JP Chenet

Please check back on this thread and see when I first issued a plea for Houx Annexe tickets, Jan 24th 2005!

Please ok it for me to have these rare tickets!!!

Regards
Robbo

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 10:30:52 am »

Dear Mr JP Chenet

Please check back on this thread and see when I first issued a plea for Houx Annexe tickets, Jan 24th 2005!

Please ok it for me to have these rare tickets!!!

Regards
Robbo

Hi Robbo_28

Obviously the final decision who these tickets go to is with Weedeek, not me. I know there were others on the forum before you were in January looking for tickets, not sure if they are sorted now or not.

I now that Perdu (Bill) needed a couple of Houx Annexe tickets and he is the one in particular who I was thinking of. As a forum regular who posts all year round rather than just a couple of times a year when looking for tickets I personally feel he should take priority (as I know do a few other regulars on here who don't even offer their spares until a regular needs one)

Please don't take it personally, it's not intended that way. Just looking after the regulars. The decision is down to Derek!
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 11:16:20 am »

Dear JP Chenet

Here in lies the problem with forums!!

Don't get me wrong, i have gleaned great information from various internet forums on lots of subjects. However it always ends up being some elitist group of people looking down at the rest of us!

I have been involved in various forms of motorsport since 1982 but only attended my 1st Le Mans last year (having previously done three 24hr races at the Alain Prost Karting Circuit!)

So because i'm not a Le Mans veteran does that exclude me from obtaining tickets form this forum???

Fortunately I have found somebody to supply me with tickets for next years race so I won't have to beg again!

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 12:07:12 pm »

Wotcher Robbo!
As poor old JPC is a wasted old worn out waif of a thing, I better stick up for him, or at least the forum.
I don't think it's an elitist thing, honest! - It's hard to be elitist on a pretty well anonymous web forum. I normally order the tickets for a biggish group, and have often been in the situation of having spare tickets to sell when someone drops out. As you know, you've got to order the damn things so far in advance, it's inevitable that peoples plans will change. In good faith I've sold grandstand and camping tickets at face value, only to find someone different to the purchaser in the grandstand seat,  and they have usually paid 3 or 4 times over the odds.
So what's a man to do? I'm probably one of the members that JPC refers to when he mentions regular motions, it's about the only way you can be sure a genuine fan is getting the ticket, and let's face it, we all had to make our first post on this forum at one time or another. I'm sure there's plenty of one off requests for tickets that are pure speculist punts from some herbert who would auction them straight on for a profit.
It's a bit harsh, but I mean this in the nicest possible way, if you haven't managed to order your own tickets in good enough time, don't sound indignant, just get on with it, and be grateful for what you can get at any price.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 12:07:55 pm »

Dear Robbo_28

I'm glad we have managed to help you with some information, that is what the forum is all about. We are a happy bunch, sometimes sarcastic, often surreal, and sometimes just downright scary! I certainly wouldn't class myself, or any other regular on this forum as being an Elitist (although Smokie does drive one, an Omega Elite that is) or looking down at anyone. In fact, ask Chris78cpr, who I am currently helping to get to the race, as well as with entrance, camping and grandstand tickets! I have made many good friends through this forum, and look forward to making many more new friends at the Champagne Bar on Saturday night at 9.00pm on race day and I hope you will join us there, it's quite a gathering!

Not being a veteran of Le Mans certainly does NOT exclude you from obtaining tickets, and I don't think I ever implied that! I simply stated that a few long term regulars, who I have met before (in Perdu's case, Bill and I met in Carrefour purely because of the CA t-shirts) and look forward to seeing again this year, are looking for tickets, and in some cases were looking before you were!. Knowing that people have had a problem getting Houx Annexe tickets this year (one guy on eBay has sold about 10 and managed to obtain something like £150 to £200 per ticket on average) I simply tried to look out for a friend. I'm sure that if you end up with an extra ticket in future, or know someone who has one, you will try to help your friend too, before helping someone who you have only just met and don't know anything about.

There's a small group of people getting together this Friday evening for a beer in London at The Argyle Arms. I don';t know if London is accessable for you but why not join us for a beer if you can?

As I said before, please don't take anything personally! And at the end of the day, it's down to Derek who has the tickets.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 12:11:03 pm by jpchenet » Logged
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 12:15:11 pm »

Hi BigH & JPC

Many thanks for your comments, and I have taken aboard your points.

I apologise for my rant, bad morning!

I had to pay £150 for Houx Annexe last year via E**y!

Many thanks for the invite for a London Beer but sadly can't make it, however I may well join you in the Champs Bar on Saturday night.

Safe trip everyone!

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 12:26:31 pm »

I've just spoken to Perdu (Bill) and he indeed confirms that he does still need two more Houx Annexe tickets for his group.

Depending on what happens to these tickets Robbo, keep an eye out here, and on eBay nearer to the race. Last year there were a glut of tickets in the last couple of weeks and many ended up selling for less than face value!!

See you at the 'poo bar!!!  Smiley
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 12:51:16 pm »

Robbo_28, I do need these tickets just like yourself.

This will enable me to keep out of the rest of the dealing and I will let you know if I hear of any more if you send me a PM with your email addy.

Weedeek, I do really want these could you PM me?Cheers

Mark, what can I say? Thanks for all your help.

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
weedeek
CA Veteran

31 years and counting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 04:04:32 pm »

Hi folks,
Created some interest here and some really good debate. This is my 17th Le Mans, and well in to the "LE MANS SPIRIT"
That is helping others and making new friends.
I have been in the situation, looking and waiting for tickets. Not much fun. Ferries booked, leave sorted from work etc, and still waiting to know if i have camping tickets or not. Totally c**p set off affairs.
I now order tickets when i am at Le Mans, usually on the Tuesday. I have a client number dating back to 1987, so thuis might help me.
There is a good lot of us, i am with the Swedish crowd, and order tickets for them as well. There is an other couple that come, and they order tickets too. to make sure we all have enough.
Hence the couple spare this year.

I will sell, for face value, but i will wait till i get then to make sure i let no one down. I do have conformation, if anyone wants to see.
Then best meet who ever at Le Mans. That way will stop the robbing b*****ds that sell them on you know where!!!!!!!!!

So i will keep you posted, and up to date, that is the fairest way i can think off just now. If any one has another suggestions, please say.
Thanking you all again
Derek
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 04:32:46 pm »

Handing them over on site is a good idea Derek. I'm sure whoever gets them from you will be very happy to do this as it proves they are genuine!
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 04:40:11 pm »

No problems with that. We are arriving (hopefully!) Thursday afternoon. Gladly take them off your hands there and then.

Cheers in advance

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 04:51:14 pm »

Can I add that I have sold tickets to Perdu in the past and have found him to be an honourable and upright citizen and a man of his word.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: