Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 07:26:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I see it has strarted again.....  (Read 32959 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 01:25:35 am »

The other thing to bear in Mind Ressy, and I'm sure others will correct me, Is that teh general viewing areas of the circuit are more easily accessible from the campsites/laybys outside of the circuit (i.e. Masion Blanche, Tertre Rouge etc, than the inside ones. Although they are "outside" the circuit, they are still right by the track.

Here is a link to a viewing ares map that show this:

http://www.swr2002.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/maps/viewingmap.jpg

Oh, and the "poo" bar is the Shampoo, or Champagne Bar. There is a Club Arnage gathering at 21.00 on the Saturday night, a great chance to meet other Club Arnagers, and enjoy a drink. Bottles of Mumm are sold there for about 40 Euros IIRC Most people buy Champagne or Sparkling Wine at the Hypermarket and take their own in a coolbox!
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 06:52:17 am »

Nothing wrong at all with bleu - I shall be there again myself this year!  Grin

Fran

..that`s only where Fran`s tent is, she is most of the time on MB in our Golden Triangle Swim Resort  Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 10:17:01 am »

I'd guess that bleu is not much of a longer walk to the circuit than some of the far reaches of MB??

and Reesy if you're wife intends to sleep then bleu is further away from the noise and is (I'm guessing here) a little more refined than MB (present company excepted of course!!). 

It's a bit hypocritical of me of course because I don't want to be on Bleu but I think as an option it is significantly better than BSJ for getting to and from the circuit.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 02:07:29 pm »

As an aside Reesy, Karting Nord, whilst inside the track, is these days full of Danish groups (thousands of them) and not the most hospitible of sites for individuals. I'd recommend you either stick with Bleu, try for Maison Blanche, or try for Houx Annexe, and thank your lucky stars that as a first timer you haven't been allocated Beausejour like most others!!!!

Would agree with JP, having stayed on Karting Nord, it is not the best for individuals or couples. As well as the Danish tour groups it attracts sound systems, the German one I was next to in 2003 was on from Wednesday lunchtime to Monday morning non stop 24 hours a day. Angry Angry
Although next to the track large sections are corralled off by groups arriving early or semi corporate groups.
Have been using Bleu Sud for the last 2 years and it is a good compromise especially if you or your wife need to sleep during the race, I would say that on race night you could only sleep on KN or MB if you are totally p*ssed.
We would be on Sud this year but have been allocated Bleu Nord, this we think should be similar to sud, and possibly even a shorter walk to the track entrance.
Hope this is helpful.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 02:47:26 pm »

..that`s only where Fran`s tent is, she is most of the time on MB in our Golden Triangle Swim Resort  Grin

And if i am not there in person i leave my soggy bathers as a reminder!.... i hope you are going to bring your women's shorts again this year gab!!  Grin
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 03:59:06 pm »

I would say that on race night you could only sleep on KN or MB if you are totally p*ssed.
If you can't beat them, join them

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 06:38:39 pm »

The Bloody ACO have gone and done it again, and messed my ticket order right up, it's just so frustrating, my whole weekend could be spoiled rotten.
I asked for about 20 Maison Blanche Camping, a sprinkling of Tetre Rouge and a dozen grandstand tickets. I've been a member of their lot since I can't remember when, although that could be this morning, and look what's happened! The buggers have sent me 8 tickets to see Cats, three tickets in row F of the Sidney Opera House for a recital of Carmina Burana by the New South Wales Scout Troup and Brownies, 5 General Entry tickets to some 'loveable old  trout' with an address in Chatham, and a Media pass to the new cyclotron in Berne Switzerland where some professor is planning to invent a new protoype by accelerating a Morgan up to near light speed and smashing it into an R8 going the other way.
Does anyone know how far it is from Chatham to the pit straight, and are there any bars on the way?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 07:33:07 pm »

Camping Bleu Nord for you as well BigH Grin   It seems to be popular - maybe Camping Bleu will be the new Maison Blanche??     Fingers crossed we've traded our way off Bleu. 
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 08:29:48 pm »

Holy sh*t!! It's Strated Again! When will it Strop?
Just exactly how far Nord is Camping Nord then Piglet, is it as far as Camping It Up? And is Chatham on the way?
Actually, I reckon we could do with a fractured ice shelf and country sized floes down at the Old Bush & Maison Blanche, we need something to keep the beer chilled and the flatlanders quenched. I'm sure I saw, and may indeed have been part of, several beached pods looking for assistance from the coastguard, or Smerkies Recovery Service (SRS). It was a hot weekend for SRS and no kidding, there were lost children, hysterical mothers and jobbies rattling round perspex pipes like dislodged bobsleigh pilots down the luge, all waiting to be rescued, repatriated or shot, depending on their circumstances and our moderators mood. By the way, I hear he has access to 20 complimentary MB tickets, and the first people to ring him nearest to exactly 2:00 am (GMT) will win a prize worth having.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006, 08:48:04 pm »

Hmmm BigH - I've run your post through Bablefish and am non the
wiser as to of what you speak???  Grin

I think you're stuffed on the MB front, Paddy and the rest of Holland are tenth on the MB waitlist.  Robbo and SPS are 15th (I think) - my dear john letter didn't even tell me where I am on the list which presumably means they are  concerned for my mental health and fear for my sanity if they told me my position on the list Grin

I have (thanks to the wonderful people on CA) secured one MB ticket and we'll carry the stuff from the rest of the bloody cars if needs be!!

Camping Blue Nord appears to be behind Parking Bleu - so just over the road from the Temple of Maison Blanche - probably not too bad, our colleagues at beermountain give it an OK review.   Obviously not the high class establishment that is MB but you know, class will always out  Grin

There's a theory that we ought to be ordering GA tickets with camping passes as the ACO probably think we're all flogging them off on the unmentionable web site  Roll Eyes

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 01:47:48 pm »

Interestingly other items for sale include the giveaways from previous years.  Must have a look through the loft and see what can be found Grin

I have been selling quite a bit of stuff, ranging from the baseball caps you get with a newspaper to a handful of old tickets from the 80's, which went for a suprising amount of money. Pretty much run out of stuff now though.

Its worthwhile and helps pay for the next years tickets.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 06:21:40 pm »

I think this one takes the biscuit. I thought selling the free posters was bad.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8754756241&ru=http://search.ebay.co.uk:80/8754756241_W0QQfltZ9QQfromZR8QQfviZ1
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2006, 06:32:19 pm »

What a marvellous idea, it will help Doris reach her £5k target, do you know who laurenjf0 is Stu? Grin
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2006, 06:57:35 pm »

Whatever next, and there's a bid on it.

Wouldn't a 2006 pass raise more money?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
jpchenet
CA Veteran