Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 03:35:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donington LMES  (Read 118476 times)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2006, 12:22:35 pm »

Why was yours so cheap?  Mine was £69 for 3 nights.

Del

Let me top that. My bill was £ 174.00

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
rcutler
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2006, 12:24:05 pm »

I told them it was a VW Camper not a motorhome!. Guess you said it was a caravan? = Car + Camping thing. But then why would it be more then a car and a 6 man tent?? I get ver confused with prices.

Why not £10 per pitch for two people, extra people pay £1, If you don't have enough room get another pitch! Electrics at £3 a night is resonable especially at 10A!!! What you put on the pitch is up to you and it is much easier to manage.

Extra rant:-

I am no longer then a VW Passat! Yet on the boats I pay over three times the price to a passat with Bikes on the roof??
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2006, 12:33:54 pm »

That's always been my beef with a lot of UK campsites - charge for every separate thing even though you only occupy the same piece of real estate.

In comparison, stayed at a lovely site in Beaumont sur Sarthe (just N of LM)tues night.  OK, only me, the car and 'van, but for €6.35 for the night including electricity it was a steal. The block sanitaire was one of the best I have ever come across encountered.

Worth remembering this site if you ever need need one close to LM eg if you travel down Sunday and can't get onto the circuit sites.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2006, 12:55:35 pm »

When everything just gets too much, I occasionally pack my bags and head for the Lake District with a bootfull of beer.
There's a field, that my old man used to take me to, where I camp up next to a babbling ice cool river, and I usually drive my tent pegs in with a 20lb sledge and get back to nature for a few days. In a corner of the field, shaded by conifers is a, - well I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's smallish, stone built and very dark. I've seen some women from a nearby campsite, and some lost walkers try to crap in there. They either come out after a few minutes, very pale and quiet, or dash out immediately, screaming and waving their arms. I once saw a spider emerge, blinking, threaten a few sheep and a passing osprey, and then swagger back in. If the shepherd spots the tent, he comes over, usually around 6am, and charges me a pound per night. Even though I recognise him from childhood, I suspect he's a member of the 'Alternative Shepherds Union', - he usually arrives with a miniature poodle wearing a natty little coat, and he once put a sign up outside my tent while I was asleep that said "NO FIRES AT ALL".
What he'd make of electricity I'm not sure.
I think you should get back to basics, never mind all this campervan/caravan business, you'll feel better for it.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
rcutler
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2006, 12:57:23 pm »

That's always been my beef with a lot of UK campsites - charge for every separate thing even though you only occupy the same piece of real estate.

In comparison, stayed at a lovely site in Beaumont sur Sarthe (just N of LM)tues night.  OK, only me, the car and 'van, but for €6.35 for the night including electricity it was a steal. The block sanitaire was one of the best I have ever come across encountered.

Worth remembering this site if you ever need need one close to LM eg if you travel down Sunday and can't get onto the circuit sites.

Del

I know the one you mean stayed there many a time, River runs alongside if I remember rightly? The American Motorhome can't make it round the entrance gate we found out a couple of years ago.

Great site though I agree.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2006, 12:58:12 pm »

I think you should get back to basics, never mind all this campervan/caravan business, you'll feel better for it.
H

Like on MB in the middle of June, H.   Huh Huh Huh

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Dark Warrior
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2006, 01:25:41 pm »

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well...

Have been out of loop for a week or so so missed the information re booking direct...

However, confirmed my details this morning with the site...

Del & FS... Many thanks for teeing this up....

I look forward to seeing everyone in August....

Kind regards

DW

DW
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2006, 02:51:45 pm »

Right then guys n gals!

Neil from Speedchills has been in touch with me again so this is the latest from them:

1.  Speedchills hospitality/membership is now £5 in advance or £10 on the door.  Monies to be actually paid on the day but you need to register your name on their website to get the discounted price.  www.speedchills.com/lms_dp_book_request.htm.  On their website you can see all the details of what is on offer. www.speedchills.com

2.  As far as the Creation team side of things go Neil says:  “Creation plan is to have post-practice and pre-race briefings from a member of the team plus driver signing session (time TBA) .  We are working on pit visits – we had 3 x 1 hour sessions at Le Mans on the Saturday evening – see photos in the 2006 review on www.speedchills.com  .  Would a Q&A with Keiron Salter the designer of the Creation car be of interest – with the 2007 for a LMP1 coupe announced this might be of interest to the more technical?”

3.  Neil has also asked if CA might be interested in a Le Mans Quiz on the Saturday evening – time not yet fixed, but the idea would probably be early evening before the brain cells start to “fade”?  This would be a fund raiser for Doris’s collection and it is proposed that there is an entry fee of £2 per person (max team size 4 people) 100% of monies raised going to charity.  Possible prize of a Creation pit visit during the race – (subject to confirmation).  Anyone fancy showing off their knowledge?  (Apparently current top score is 27.5 out of 50 – we must be able to top that - shame we couldnt bring fax over as a "ringer"!)

If you are interested in the quiz then best idea is to contact Neil so he can see if there is enough interest to make it a go-er.   (Anyone booking the hospitality can put a bit in the “notes” section of the application.  – others can just send a message).

Hope that is all clear!

Fran

P.S.  Due to a distinct lack of hospitality at Team Fran - I have booked!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 02:55:52 pm by Fran » Logged
rcutler
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2006, 02:55:25 pm »

I am up for that though will sort out once i am back from the classic.

The quiz may catch me out but am interested anyway.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2006, 03:15:15 pm »

I'm up for the quiz. Have registered

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2006, 03:19:00 pm »

Anyone fancy showing off their knowledge?  (Apparently current top score is 27.5 out of 50 – we must be able to top that - shame we couldnt bring fax over as a "ringer"!)

We worked damn hard for that 27.5/50, some of the questions were total stinkers Smiley

See avatar for proof of winning Creation Pit visit Cheesy

A few of us will be there at Donington too.

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2006, 06:04:24 pm »

Fran, many thanks for the speedchills update, will be interested in making the numbers up if needed, I am no way an expert or someone with detailed knowledge,  Del or RichUK would make a good team captain so pick your "men".

Have joined speedchills.

FS
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 06:20:15 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2006, 07:00:36 pm »

I'm no expert on the details of 'who drove what, when'.  I may have been going for a long time, but all but the recent years have blurred together in an alcoholic fog and a distinct inability to to get the grey cells to co-operate.  I'll leave that to experts like RichUK and Kpy!!

For the sake of £5, I will also join Speedchills.

FS, I will reply later to your PM - I'm off out for my first decent pint (or three) for a week.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2006, 09:54:00 pm »

I'm off out for my first decent pint (or three) for a week.

Del

Three pints? We consume that before we even consider which pub to go! Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2006, 11:00:44 pm »

I know the one you mean stayed there many a time, River runs alongside if I remember rightly? The American Motorhome can't make it round the entrance gate we found out a couple of years ago.

Great site though I agree.

That's the one Rick - right on the Sarthe.  Only just managed to squeeze in with my 'van.  Once through the barrier, there is also a tight little stone bridge to get over with a sharp corner on the other side - also a tight squeeze.

Very tranquil site though.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: