Club Arnage
April 23, 2024, 09:33:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donington LMES  (Read 117565 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2006, 04:49:11 pm »

Just been trying to book tickets for Donington LMES and can't find any mention of camping on their website.
I've never camped there before.

Is the camping off site so you have to leave your tents to go into the circuit?.

If on site is it on the infield as at Silverstone?

Will it be possible to set up a CA enclave like we did last year?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:39:29 pm »

I hope SB will not concider this as spam, but Sander from PlanetLeMans pointed me to this site (click!) for tickets and accomodation.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 05:40:29 pm »

Ohh a thread on which I have a small amount of knowledge!!

There is free camping in a field at the track (first come first served I assume as they do not issue tickets) with very basic toilet/water facilities.   You drive in with your car and set up, she didnt say anything about having to park elsewhere.

It is at the track, but not sure if its infield like Silverstone or not.  

We are allowed to bring in "a reasonable amount of beer".... Cool

You could always give em a ring and ask for more factual information tho - or perhaps someone else has been there before.   Smiley

Checked out paddy's link, but they refer to a private campsite not available to the public - so I dont think this will be the same facilities that Donington itself is offering - especially with the mention of "showers"!!

Just checked AGAIN - and it says "We are based in the grounds of the Park Farmhouse Hotel which is located at the competitors entrance to Donington Park Racing Circuit".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 05:46:03 pm by Fran » Logged
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 05:55:34 pm »

I hope SB will not concider this as spam, but Sander from PlanetLeMans pointed me to this site (click!) for tickets and accomodation.

Can I just clarify, is this where we will be camping and are we camping through speed chills? 
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 06:01:59 pm »

It looks interesting enough to me. If all agree then let's go there. I will phone them tomorrow to see how many spaces are available, and what the discount is with 25+ Grin

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 06:04:34 pm »

Can you also check if they will do a deal for people who have already bought their weekend race tickets?!!  Huh

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 06:07:43 pm by Fran » Logged
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 06:07:39 pm »

It looks interesting enough to me. If all agree then let's go there. I will phone them tomorrow to see how many spaces are available, and what the discount is with 25+ Grin

Paddy, that will be good,  we can pay directly.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 06:43:48 pm »

If it's the same set up as they had for the Moto GP last year then the campsite is just outside the track at Macleans.  The car park was separate and we had to carry our tents etc from the car park.  Fair ground / bar / food botulism vans between the campsite and the track entrance.  Camping is, I have been lead to believe, free.

I tried to get details out of the lady I spoke to when I booked my tickets but she was a mardy old bag who quite obviously didn't want to be at work that day.  Angry

Will try again tomorrow when the boss is out.   Cheesy

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 07:21:44 pm »

This reply is just to confirm I never went camping at Donington before. If anybody has any better ideas, please feel free to make other suggestions, like Doris and Fran do.

I can bring stuff like heeps of beer and a small genny, but my campervan hasn't got the same size as last week's lorry Undecided

However, I guess I could bring the large Gazebo, just in case it's the same weather as S'stone last year Angry

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 07:45:55 pm »

I reckon the best thing for you to do Paddy would be to ask if they can do some kinda deal for some people wanting the full weekend package and what they can arrange for those who already have race tickets.  No harm asking - they might just come up with a figure to cover the camping etc and the commission they would have earned by selling a race ticket!

In any event if speedchills wont do a deal we could always book camping direct with the farm, though that wont give us access to the special bar!  Embarrassed
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 07:48:00 pm »

This reply is just to confirm I never went camping at Donington before. If anybody has any better ideas, please feel free to make other suggestions, like Doris and Fran do.

I can bring stuff like heeps of beer and a small genny, but my campervan hasn't got the same size as last week's lorry Undecided

However, I guess I could bring the large Gazebo, just in case it's the same weather as S'stone last year Angry

Paddy, I'm sure amongst us we have enough spare kit, for example I have a very substantial 5m x 3m Gazebo which could be used for communal use, plus my big tent. Dare say other have similar spare kit which can be brought along for the good of all.

could start a separate thread for kit and take it from there.

* marquee.jpg (49.87 KB, 500x332 - viewed 450 times.)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 08:34:56 pm »

Having just checked speedchills website AGAIN... I see that they wont take telephone enquiries - so you gonna have to email them...  Roll Eyes
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 10:04:18 pm »

I got fridges gennys bbqs and should have no probs getting them there. Maybe one of our friendly moderators will get a stcky going for all this stuff

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 10:08:18 pm »

Good on you FS & BU! In that way there will be more spaca for Dutch beer! Tongue

Just read the SpeedChill site shuts Sunday 6 PM, no good to us as we leave Monday morning Angry

Drinking for Holland
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 10:08:38 pm »

I got fridges gennys bbqs and should have no probs getting them there. Maybe one of our friendly moderators will get a stcky going for all this stuff

<Your wish is my command>

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: