Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 12:43:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donington LMES  (Read 117858 times)
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 09:53:31 am »

This is good news concerning the camping.

I still have to arrange parts of the logistics with Kruse Motorsport. I need them to carry some of my stuff over to the UK, shouldn't be too much trouble. Then it's only flying over to the UK and getting to the circuit by rental. Easy...  Grin

I have no idea yet how much space I can fill in the truck but in case anyone wants something carried over from Germany please let me know and I try to sort it.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 09:54:23 am »

I will also be attending and also will bring bbq and other kit that will be required to make the weekend as comfortable as possible.

Do the band change their name,depending on which country they are performing in...........maybe the Flying Stotties......Flying Malt Loaf's or even the Flying Baps!!!!!!

One other question can we camp on Sunday night as well?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 10:01:20 am by wishy » Logged
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 10:28:26 am »

Flying Buns would be too obvious, wouldn't it Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2006, 10:37:52 am »

Anyway, have PM'd and mailed Neil. Let's see what there is to offer Smiley

Thanks for pointing it out, FS! Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2006, 11:21:01 am »

Right guys n gals - I have just been speaking with Neill of Speedchills - so this is the current situation:

First of all the information on the Speedchills website is going to be changed as soon as they have got themselves sorted out between returning from LM and going back out to the Classic.  So watch that space.

In effect Neill says that they are proposing to break down the package completely so that we can get our own race tickets, organise our own camping direct at the Donington Farm site and Speedchills offers the membership/hospitality/bar for £20.  I asked about beer prices and he said they are the standard price, not marked up and its proper quality chilled beer "not Fosters".

They also have their sponsorship deal with the Creation team and he mentioned the possibility of membership people being able to visit garages and drivers coming over to the hospitality area for chit chat.

This membership fee will include a donation to charity (I didnt try and get him to commit it to Doris' fund, but we could always work on that!).

I asked Neill if he knew how far it would be from the Donington Park Farmhouse campsite to the free circuit campsite and he said that the organisers had various areas used for camping depending on the event and he would try and find out for us where the free camping that weekend would be in relation to Speedchills hospitality area. 

The website for the camping is "www.parkfarmhouse.co.uk", click on "Accommodation" then "Caravan Site" - this lists all the camping prices.  It is individually priced for tents, campervans, electric, etc. so depending on what you bring you can work out the price!  Note gazebos are charged extra!

This campsite is open Sunday night.

Anyway, that about sums it up!  More info to follow next week.

Fran
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 11:26:03 am by Fran » Logged
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2006, 11:51:36 am »

Nice one Fran

So I guess if the campsite are offering electric there's no need for a genny! And if we put up one large gazebo between us then that should provide enough cover in case of a typical British summer!  Undecided

I've got the two large wheel along cool boxes as well. Fill them with ice beforehand and they should keep ice for the whole weekend!!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2006, 12:26:53 pm »

Right guys n gals - I have just been speaking with Neill of Speedchills - so this is the current situation:

First of all the information on the Speedchills website is going to be changed as soon as they have got themselves sorted out between returning from LM and going back out to the Classic.  So watch that space.

In effect Neill says that they are proposing to break down the package completely so that we can get our own race tickets, organise our own camping direct at the Donington Farm site and Speedchills offers the membership/hospitality/bar for £20.  I asked about beer prices and he said they are the standard price, not marked up and its proper quality chilled beer "not Fosters".

They also have their sponsorship deal with the Creation team and he mentioned the possibility of membership people being able to visit garages and drivers coming over to the hospitality area for chit chat.

This membership fee will include a donation to charity (I didn't try and get him to commit it to Doris' fund, but we could always work on that!).

I asked Neill if he knew how far it would be from the Donington Park Farmhouse campsite to the free circuit campsite and he said that the organisers had various areas used for camping depending on the event and he would try and find out for us where the free camping that weekend would be in relation to Speedchills hospitality area. 

The website for the camping is "www.parkfarmhouse.co.uk", click on "Accommodation" then "Caravan Site" - this lists all the camping prices.  It is individually priced for tents, camper-vans, electric, etc. so depending on what you bring you can work out the price!  Note gazebos are charged extra!

This campsite is open Sunday night.

Anyway, that about sums it up!  More info to follow next week.

Fran

Like to make an observation, can we have just ONE person speaking directly to Speedchills and the campsite, otherwise all sorts of conflicting messages are going to be coming out.  Don't mind who it is, but whoever takes up the baton would like them to run with it all the way, rather losing interest halfway through.

Paddy and Fran would appear to be the best placed  so very happy with them to continue and act on my behalf and will be very happy to pick-up tasks directly from them.  feel happier with some central organisation as it looks like this could be a large gathering of CA.

Don't wish this to sound like committee's and business, just want us to have a great weekend together without any problems.

All the best Peter
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2006, 01:14:06 pm »

can we have just ONE person speaking directly to Speedchills

Neill did say that he has already been speaking to Sander of DfH!

hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2006, 01:47:55 pm »

Now we have it... chaos, panic and disorder...  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2006, 01:56:26 pm »

This is good news concerning the camping.

I still have to arrange parts of the logistics with Kruse Motorsport. I need them to carry some of my stuff over to the UK, shouldn't be too much trouble. Then it's only flying over to the UK and getting to the circuit by rental. Easy...  Grin

I have no idea yet how much space I can fill in the truck but in case anyone wants something carried over from Germany please let me know and I try to sort it.

What do you need to send over?? I have a spare tent and air mattress if that would help!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 02:08:42 pm »

Which one am I in charge of?  Huh
rcutler
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2006, 02:11:13 pm »

If I can make it to Donnington then I will have my motorhome with fridge, a small generator as well as two Gas Cadac BBQ's (if Needed) aswell as a 40litre 3-way coolbox.

Obviously if I am in the motorhome then I have to get the van onsite.

I live close to Mark (JPC) if any of the kit will need transporting up there.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2006, 02:11:51 pm »

Which one am I in charge of?  Huh

Fran, hopefully, order, calm and getting a grip, we have EVERY faith in you fair Fran.

FS
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2006, 02:12:41 pm »

If I can make it to Donnington then I will have my motorhome with fridge, a small generator as well as two Gas Cadac BBQ's (if Needed) aswell as a 40litre 3-way coolbox.

Obviously if I am in the motorhome then I have to get the van onsite.

I live close to Mark (JPC) if any of the kit will need transporting up there.

Rick, if you can bring your 32 footer that will be just great.  FS
rcutler
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2006, 02:19:59 pm »

http://www.google.co.uk/local?f=q&hl=en&q=+DE74+2RN&ie=UTF8&ll=52.825561,-1.377668&spn=0.009478,0.026951&t=k&om=1

This links to Google's satellite image showing the campsite in relation to the circuit. It looks like easy walking distance. Only thing to conside is that on private campsites there are always noise orders after 11pm! and before 7am. That is the only time I ever make any noise!

I will go with the majority on camping or hospitality options.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: