Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 03:34:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donington LMES  (Read 117868 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2006, 02:21:09 pm »

If I can make it to Donnington then I will have my motorhome with fridge, a small generator as well as two Gas Cadac BBQ's (if Needed) aswell as a 40litre 3-way coolbox.

Obviously if I am in the motorhome then I have to get the van onsite.

I live close to Mark (JPC) if any of the kit will need transporting up there.

Good stuff Rick!!

I forgot,  have a Cadac as well.

I'm sure it will all work out well!!  Smiley
rcutler
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2006, 02:24:02 pm »

Rick, if you can bring your 32 footer that will be just great.  FS

I can't drive it!! It is over 3.5 tonne the new drivers limit.

If I can persuade Dad then I can assure you it will be there.

At the moment I am trying to persuade Dad to go to Florida next March!  Grin I will have to be careful what I can get away with!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2006, 02:35:03 pm »

Rick, if you can bring your 32 footer that will be just great.  FS

I can't drive it!! It is over 3.5 tonne the new drivers limit.

If I can persuade Dad then I can assure you it will be there.

At the moment I am trying to persuade Dad to go to Florida next March!  Grin I will have to be careful what I can get away with!

Rick, how old do you need to be to drive the 32 footer?
rcutler
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2006, 02:42:37 pm »

You can be any age above 18.

In 1997 the law changed on driving licenses, basically when you pass your car test, you are authorised to drive any vehicle upto 3.5 tonne.

If I wish to drive any vehicle above 3.5 tonne then I will need to pass my LGV license = Very Expensive

Anyone who passed before 1997 can drive any vehicle upto 7.5 tonne that is classified as road legal. Ie. no longer than 46 foot or 100 inches wide.

Dads van weights in at 7.5 tonne! mine at 3.5 tonne! both right on the limit.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2006, 02:57:28 pm »

In 1997 the law changed on driving licenses, basically when you pass your car test, you are authorised to drive any vehicle upto 3.5 tonne.

If I wish to drive any vehicle above 3.5 tonne then I will need to pass my LGV license = Very Expensive

Anyone who passed before 1997 can drive any vehicle upto 7.5 tonne that is classified as road legal. Ie. no longer than 46 foot or 100 inches wide.

Looks like a job for JPC, he must be able to drive it Cool
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2006, 04:18:31 pm »

No probem!! I'm sure your dad will be happy to hand the keys over to me!!  Smiley

I could lend him "The Beast" in case he needs transport during the weekend!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2006, 05:28:19 pm »

No problem!! I'm sure your dad will be happy to hand the keys over to me!!  Smiley

I could lend him "The Beast" in case he needs transport during the weekend!

Seems to me a fair exchange and no robbery, can you get it cleared Rick and I guess the next thing is for JP to have an orientation drive just so he knows how everything works, don't worry about the setting up bit as you probably know how it all bolts together.

I think it is very CA spirited you laying on such a fine vehicle, have a chat with Paddy and he might be able to produce some large stickers, a bit like his trucks and JP's "Beast"

all the best mate FS
SpriteII
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 12:16:02 pm »

Anyone know what time the race starts on Sunday (assuming it is Sunday), the Donnington site is brief to the extreme!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 01:44:33 pm »

Anyone know what time the race starts on Sunday (assuming it is Sunday), the Donnington site is brief to the extreme!

Everything I have seen says "full programme to follow". 
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 02:04:10 pm »

The race is probably the same as the Nürburgring, start at 11.45, to be finished just before eve.

Nicely timed for a proper visit to the pub Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2006, 01:59:05 pm »

What's happening with this now - any decisions on what/where CA will be camping??

Now that I know I will have my 'van back, I'm thinking of coming to this for the weekend. If I do, I will be there probably thursday leaving Monday.

My own view is that I would prefer to book my own pitch and tickets, and between us CA people can make their own eating/drinking/fun.  No disrespect to Speedchills, but do we need them? 

Incidentally, how much of the campsite have they reserved?  I notice Park Farmhouse have (only) 60 pitches, and we will need to get them booked pretty sharpish if that is the way we are going to go.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2006, 05:46:07 pm »

What's happening with this now - any decisions on what/where CA will be camping??
I spoke to Neil on Saturday (after he spoke to Fran first), and he said he was going to recalculate as it all seem too expensive and some people already bought tickets.
I mailed him today as a reminder as I did not receive anything yet.

The pros to stay with Speedchills are:
*electricity
*bathrooms
*bar and food
*creation hospitality area
The con is:
*money

The pros to stay in an open field:
*no charge
The cons are:
*no facilities announced, not even bathrooms
*generator not allowed (but I can run my van's engine, and have a 220v converter)

Let's wait what SpeedChills come up with, and let's see if we can find out where that free camping field is too...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2006, 05:56:53 pm »

Are you saying that Speedchills have taken over the whole of the Park Farmhouse campsite?  I have to admit that I would rather have SOME facilities, rather than in a bare field, and mains hook-up is almost mandatory for me.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
neilchills
CA Veteran

Just chillin'

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2006, 06:53:12 pm »

Hi Neil from Speed Chills here...

Latest update from us is that we will definitely be unbundling the tickets and camping from our offering so race tickets are buy yourselves in advance or on the gate, camping can be arranged direct with Park Farmohouse (from Thursday onwards please!!) or in the free campsite.

The Speed Chills bar and grill will be in the event bar of the hotel - a separate outbuilding with a permanent bar etc. So a fenced off area members only.

Still getting sign-off on the Creation bits but have a driver signing in there plus briefing sessions by team personnel after qually and before race.

Membership of Speed Chills will be a nominal amount with donation to charity - probably pay on arrival but book places in advance as we will have a cap on numbers.

Beer prices as per general in area, food offering TBA shortly but will include breakfast and dinner.

Summary -

1. book camping direct with the hotel from Thursday
2. Speed Chills membership available within the next 7 days.

Cheers,

Neil
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2006, 11:34:53 pm »

Chatting to a few of you off-line, it would seem that the preference for a CA enclave is at the Farmhouse campsite (certainly this is my preference). 

Although more expensive than the 'bare field' option, what swings it for me is the bloc sanitaire and the electric hook-up.  Pricing is on their website as posted somewhere above.

If this is the route prefered by the majority, who is likely to come?  A reasonable idea of numbers (number of pitches required) would be useful at this time so that they could be booked with the campsite.

Participation with Speedchills would then be an individual choice.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: