Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 04:51:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 heures du Castelet LMS  (Read 16366 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2009, 02:37:57 pm »

Paul Ricard

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 05:28:07 pm »

interesting...
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 07:22:44 pm »

Can't tell you how happy it makes me to see racing returning to Ricard, I've never understood for a second why the FIA hasn't returned the French GP to Ricard, when it was always a fabulous circuit (especially the full, long GP layout) with state of the art facilities.  But then again alot of the things the FIA does don't make any sense.  Ricard has been one of my favorites, with its fast corners and the long Mistral straight.  Good news!
Fax
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 02:48:09 pm »

I guess its biggest problem is its approach roads which are cr*p but I agree - fab circuit.  I've twice now been lucky enough to do the LMS quali weekends with an all-access press pass - one of the best experiences of my motor racing life. 

If I'm on my feet, I'll be there.  Thursday's op' and its aftermath will be the decider, but as I have free accommodation locally (bil) then the chances are relatively good for me.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 06:32:40 pm »

Good luck on Thursday Deb, I know you have to be ready for this nightmare to be over with.  You'll be at Ricard and I'll be jealous as hell.  Take some pics for those of us who can't make it.
Fax
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 11:22:11 am »

I see that tickets are 30 euros for the weekend,and include Sunday of the test weekend in March. Not a bad deal, all in all.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 11:32:08 am »

Apparently one of the problems that Ricard has is that the FIA ( and the poison dwarf ), don't like the scarcity of posh hotels and restaurants in the area.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 04:07:30 pm »

I'm thinkin about going there, just have to check on the budget and how to get there ... drive by car (approx 1000 km) or take the train and rent something over there.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 04:51:12 pm »

A friend of mine seems to have nearly wangled himself a job driving a team truck.  I'm just negotiating wheelchair space....

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 07:52:16 pm »

Its interesting that you mention the access to the circuit being a big problem, I have a friend who had been to the Bol d'Or when it was held there and he remarked that the traffic queues at Ricard were pretty comparable to Sliverstone in the old days.  People visibly grew older sitting stationary for hours. However, with a bit of funding access roads can always be improved.  And Jesus! Anyone who's sat in the Saturday morning traffic jam getting into Sebring knows what being stuck in queues on shitty access roads is all about.  And if the dwarf wants hotels and clubs for his posers, build them yourself Bernie! He's got plenty of money.  I always thought he was a part owner of the Paul Ricard circuit after the Ricard family sold it.
Anyway, its always been a brilliant circuit and the fact that race meetings are returning to it is good news for all us who thought the great old racing circuits were doomed to the Tilke plague.
Fax
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 11:28:35 am »

Decided over the weekend to head onto Le Castellet.
Fly in on Friday (Marseille), leave on Monday ... any suggestions for a good hotel in the neighbourhood ?

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 08:00:11 am »

I am so very jealous!  Quite a nice entry, even for practice weekend:

http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_circuits/s52p06_engages.php?circuit=1

It will be quite interesting to see how the two "old boys" Fisi and Alesi get on.

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 08:14:49 pm »

Like you Deb, terribly jealous of anyone going.  Speaking of which, if anyone attending the 8 hrs at Ricard has an interest in doing a t-shirt and program swap from Sebring, I'll be up for it.  It would be nice to have a t-shirt from Ricard to wear this summer at Mid-Ohio.
Fax
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 10:23:45 pm »

Like you Deb, terribly jealous of anyone going.  Speaking of which, if anyone attending the 8 hrs at Ricard has an interest in doing a t-shirt and program swap from Sebring, I'll be up for it.  It would be nice to have a t-shirt from Ricard to wear this summer at Mid-Ohio.
Fax

Don't know if they'll have t-shirts at Paul Ricard, program won't be a problem.

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 12:49:12 pm »

Flight Brussels - Marseille : ok
Rental car : ok

Hotel : still searching ... 

5 weeks to go ... can 't wait  Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: