Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 07:54:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movies about Le Mans  (Read 27277 times)
baszero

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 11:34:00 pm »

If anybody else sees some movies missing in the list or on the page, I'd be very thankful if you would post it here. Thanks!
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 03:36:16 pm »

Fra Mou til Lemans (from mou to Le Mans) is a danish dokumentry movie about Tom Kristensens racing carrier.

can be found on:

http://shop.ottensten.com/eShop/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=Books and Films&id=TOMK-29-O

very cheap. only 31 dkk. Less than 4 £.

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
baszero

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 04:42:37 pm »

Thanks!
I'll check that out.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 02:39:26 am »

Le Mans

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
baszero

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 10:18:10 pm »

Le Mans
That one is covered before I opened this thread:
http://baszero.ch/racing/2009/11/le-mans/

But thanks nonetheless...
Fisherman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 10:03:39 pm »

I watched 'The Cat Came Back' last night, overall it was a bit disappointing, mainly because the subtitle 'The story of jaguar's dramatic return to Le Mans' isn't really an accurate description of the content. There is some coverage of the 50s races but the superb 'Jaguar at Le Mans 1954-58' covers that much better, there's then a very large chunk of the running time taken up by footage of the TWR XJS's running in the European Touring Car Championship in 1985, particularly the Tourist Trophy at Silverstone before a relatively brief look at the 80's Le Mans campaigns and finally a bit about Jaguar in F1. All this is fine as a look at the overall motorsport history of Jag, it's just that the way the DVD is marketed is a bit dishonest.
If anyone has seen both I'd be interested in whether 'The Jaguar's Roar' or 'Roaring to Victory' is a better look at the 80's Jags at Le Mans
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 02:38:49 pm »

I've found another one.

Renault filmed 1977, probably on Super8, with one of the mechanics wives as production team.  Poor quality (most from this era are) but still evidence of how it was 33 years ago.  There is also a film of their efforts in 1966 with the 1300cc Renault Gordini.

Sadly, I have to own up to watching Renault TV on Satellite (only the once, honest), but its still being repeated - look for "Film Club"

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 05:19:49 pm »

I don't know if you have these, but I assume so, all of the Videovision films from the eighties, they were usually a one hour highlight package of that years race.  I used to have all of them on VHS, but recently gave them to a good friend who has become interested in the Group C era.  They may be available through Duke.  Also there's some good footage on Youtube of the 1978 race.  Looks like it was probably a Elf or Michelin film.
Fax
BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 10:58:44 pm »

Here's and oddball '23:58' - not cars but bikes. A very rare movie and saw it a good few years ago at an arthouse but it never got repeated or issued on DVD.

http://www.timeout.com/film/reviews/79910/23-58.html

Its about some guys wanting to rob the ticket office while everybody else is watching the race.

......................now thats an idea eh ?

Stay Cool..

And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 11:10:25 am »

Its about some guys wanting to rob the ticket office while everybody else is watching the race.

Would make a change from the ACO robbing us.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2010, 10:45:35 pm »

A great insight into the Mclaren F1's first time at Le Mans with some wonderful incar footage of Andy Wallace doing his stuff.

Watching it on the link I notice that they have changed the first lap music. On the original it is "Ain't no Brakeman on this train" by John Mayle. A lot better than the Techno crap that has replaced it

Bob -that'll be this one then  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VWKP_tI9bY&playnext=1&list=PL0312E6D31ADCAD44&index=33

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2010, 11:03:11 pm »

Mark

I enjoyed those U-tubes, a great sequence of fillums on there

thanks mate  Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 11:17:03 am »

A great insight into the Mclaren F1's first time at Le Mans with some wonderful incar footage of Andy Wallace doing his stuff.

Watching it on the link I notice that they have changed the first lap music. On the original it is "Ain't no Brakeman on this train" by John Mayle. A lot better than the Techno crap that has replaced it

Bob -that'll be this one then  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VWKP_tI9bY&playnext=1&list=PL0312E6D31ADCAD44&index=33

MG Mark

That's the one. Nice find Mark. I'm still waiting for a certain Mr C to transfer my VHS copy to DVD.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: