Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 12:52:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALMS Mid-Ohio  (Read 12963 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2010, 03:08:28 pm »

http://www.midohio.com/Home

5-7/8/10

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:04:28 am »

Kirsten & I will be there for the weekend, any others from our motley mob going to be at Mid-Ohio? ALMS, the Indycars and all of their respective support series.  Always a good weekend.
Fax
Hardpoint

YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:57:56 am »

I'll be there, camping Friday and Saturday night. I'll try to remember to pack the CA flag JPC gave me.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:29:29 am »

Hey HP,
We'll be there all day Sat. & Sunday, but not camping, staying with my cousin in Ashland, about twenty miles north of Mid-Ohio.  Which campground are you in?  Be great to catch up for a beer or two.
John
Hardpoint

YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:32:43 am »

We're camping at the track, right up at the top of the keyhole back along the trees. We'll probably spend a good deal of time down between turn 7 & 8 or up towards turn 11 on Saturday, maybe some towards Thunder valley. Most of us are leaving before the IRL race on Sunday. I'll be driving my maroon Toyota Tacoma which has an ALMS sticker on the rear window and 8-10 drunken dumb asses hanging out of the bed.  Grin
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 04:10:48 am »

You guys should be easy enough to find, Saturday I'll have on a dark gray 2010 Sebring t-shirt and a Cinicnnati Reds cap.  The Mrs will have a black & gold, Renault-Robert Kubica cap.  We usually spend a good bit of time on the hillside between turn 1 and the backstraight, or out by the turn 11-thunder valley area.
The weather looks fricking gorgeous for the weekend. http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/weekend/USOH0549
See you there,
Fax
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:20:11 am by Fax MKII » Logged
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 05:17:24 pm »

John - I was hoping I could make a quick jaunt up for this, but it's looking a bit dodgy I'm afraid.  If plans change I'll deffo let you know!
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 06:02:47 pm »

Hey Dave, would be great if you could make it over, had a blast catching up at Sebring, and I know Kirsten would love to see you again.   She's got some nice little battle scars from Sebring to show off Grin
John
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 04:23:35 am »

I remember her limping around in the dark hours under my assistance.  Hope she's all fit for duty again!
I was going to stuff Stephen in the back of the Road Toad and hyperspace my ass up I70 on Sat am but I've got a commitment I can't bail on.  Sorry!

I'll drop you a line to catch up.  Sebring is shaping up nicely but I wouldn't write off the Petit either.

Rich and Nick are deffo coming over from the Uk so it's gonna be serious business in Florida
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:25:23 am by Dave H » Logged
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 06:42:00 pm »

Shame you can't make Dave, would've been a fine way to introduce the little guy to Mid-Ohio.  Kirsten's a lot more mobile than last you saw her, new/pre-owned ACL, but she still walks like a duck Grin  We're deffo on for the Petit & Sebring next March.
I'll knock back a few of the evil dark beverages on top of the keyhole tomorrow for you Wink
John
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 12:08:14 pm »

We're deffo on for the Petit & Sebring next March.
John

Fax ,

Is that Petit this year you're talking about?

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 03:44:33 pm »

Hi Doris, yes, I'm on for the Petit this year, and every year.  My favorite race of the calendar (Road Atlanta is the best spectating venue I've ever been to)
Mid-Ohio was great fun, even the Indycars put on a good show.  The perfect weather helped draw a big crowd, and as usual the ALMS Saturday attendance was larger than the crowd on Sunday for the IRL.
Fax
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:15:42 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 03:17:38 am »

In that case, I'll see you there.   Grin

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 06:11:13 am »

Terrific news Doris!  Look forward to catching up with you, hope all's well in the winter down south.
Fax
Hardpoint

YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 09:34:29 pm »

Hi Doris, yes, I'm on for the Petit this year, and every year.  My favorite race of the calendar (Road Atlanta is the best spectating venue I've ever been to)
Mid-Ohio was great fun, even the Indycars put on a good show.  The perfect weather helped draw a big crowd, and as usual the ALMS Saturday attendance was larger than the crowd on Sunday for the IRL.
Fax

Sorry I missed you this weekend. We spent almost the entire afternoon Saturday down between turns 6 &7 at the base of the Honda bridge. Maybe we'll meet up at Petit.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: