Club Arnage
June 04, 2024, 02:59:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using the tram after the race.  (Read 3272 times)
Bender

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2010, 01:34:52 am »

I did some searching and found some threads discussing the tram and using it to get into town for the drivers' parade & what not but I didn't see anything about using it to get back to the train station after the race.  I'm going to be training it in & out of Le Mans so I'm trying to figure out how much of a mess Antares is after the race.  Anyone ever use the tram as an integral part of their evac plan?  Thanks for the help.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:21:04 am »

I expect it will be crowded right after the race. I have used the train right after and can say you must have a seat reservation not just a ticket for the train.
Better than the bus.
 Phil
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:59:11 am »

I'll be training it in and out of Le Mans Station as well and haven't used the trams before either.

I asked a similar question over at www.beermountain.com and got quite a few helpful answers there. I'd expect the trams to be pretty rammed after the race as they're popular with locals as well as foreign racegoers, so I'm planning to buy a weekend pass at the railway station when I arrive which means I won't need to be waiting in line for a ticket and can just get on the first available tram when it's time to go.

I've also booked myself on a train leaving Le Mans for Morlaix at 7pm on the Sunday (my ferry sailing is from Roscoff at 0830 on the Monday), so I'd recommend booking your train out (if you haven't already) maybe for a couple of hours after the race ends so that you'll have plenty of time to make the trip (which is about 20 minutes by tram) from the circuit to the main railway station.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: