Club Arnage
May 23, 2024, 05:03:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Showers  (Read 14859 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 02:13:31 pm »

At sebring in 2005 someone rigged up a shower thus:

Take a mains water feed and split it in two. Run one to your shower rig for your cold feed. Connect the other to a long coil of Copper Pipe. Dig a hole in the ground, place copper pipe into hole and fill with charcoal and set light to it. Once well lit, fill the rest of the hole with earth to keep the charcoal burning more slowly due to lack of oxygen. Run the other end of the copper pipe to another hose to your shower head for your hot feed.

Connect both to a mixer unit and you have a mains fed hot and cold shower system!

Fair bit of hassle, but it worked well!
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 03:09:34 pm »

What about all those undiscovered WW2 unexploded bombs buried underground. I wouldn't risk any underground fire just in case  Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 06:21:27 pm »

... while air drying ....

Oh dear God ... noooo!!  Undecided
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 09:34:58 pm »

Air Drying sounds a bit much. Would of thought you would have used, aforementioned man servant to fan dry you. The hole digging sounds effective but hard work for a group of drunkards. Did think about a black plastic bin with a coil of black hose running through it, with water in the hose, so when it sun heats it i belive it will cause a heat exchange and cause a pressure change and pump the water need to try this i feel.

The only way is Sideways
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 07:04:46 pm »

.......Did think about a black plastic bin with a coil of black hose running through it,
Not enough surface area exposed to the sun

I like the idea of the bucket and kettle of hot water etc.  Simple but effective, although I'm not entirely confident of the Snoring Rhino component

Has nobody thought of getting a gas caravan water heater and pump from a scrapper?  There's about 10 on fleabay

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 08:37:29 pm »

We use an old black water container topping up the cold water with hot water from a kettle. Then its a 12v camping shower to get you wet. Worked fine for 8 of us the last 3 years.
If you want an all in system try Zodi
http://www.zodi.com/web-content/
Don't seem to be many stockists over here and of course more expensive than in the states.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 09:10:26 pm »

simple solution:-

Kit

* Bucket, Domestic, Plastic, Colours Various.... One off

* Shower, Portable, Outdoor, Battery 12/24V, Colour Yellow.... One Off

Method

heat kettle of water for a brew, fill plastic buket with cool water, top up with remaining hot water from kettle, use man servants elbow to check water temprature and adust if necessary.

get man servant, if you haven't got one use a passing Snoring Rhino or Snoring Rhino son, there'll work for peanuts, to hold the shower unit high enough to enjoy a refreshing shower anytime of the day.  Enjoy brew while air drying.

Saves all that backbreaking toil...

Yeh right, I think a Karcher power washer will solve all issues, even Mr Spiders clinkers.
Seriously though, we/I had a lot of fun buiding our shower, probably best laugh was seeing the SPS crew member making a fast exit when the drill caugh fire though... but then we reverted to the extra length of hose and the dark green colour and thin wall exposed to the sun actualy worked best...very anoying but true and very boring
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 09:12:08 pm by Snoring Rhino » Logged
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 04:37:39 am »

Showers... I heard there were some near us last year on BN. Being Frog Marchged to them on Friday is a distant memeory! Grin
The Black bag solar ones are good if its hot as Lady PP proved on her first visit at the side of the road on MB in her Bikini. Say no more!

Rex,

You actually went to the showers twice last year as you came along to keep me company while I queued for mine.  You also held my drink for me and didn't actually drink it which must be some kind of LM miracle.  I wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember any of this however as you were absolutely bolloxed.    Evil

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 11:57:23 am »

Hi.

Beeing a longterm scout this has been a wellknown problem for years. The best solution that i have seen is a watermixer (or what ever the thing to mix cold and warm water in the shower is called) connected to 2 buckets. one for hot and one for cold. Both needed to be filled manuel. The cold water is easy if you hav a hose, the hot water was made with a cobbertube coild up in a smalle barbeque, witch was lit in the morning to cook morning tee. the bottom ende of the coil sucked water from a styrofom barrel and at the other end HOT water was running back into the same barrel, witch fittet with a lit could keep the water warm for up till 12 hours.
if more hot water is needes just lit the barbeque again, roast a sausage, drink a beer and get ready for your shower.
the barrel was app. 100 liter so this was a bit more than a one man stunt.  Cheesy

Kenn

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 01:12:28 pm »

Has anyone thought about walking to the shower block?

Or the alternative - wet wipes.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 05:00:01 pm »

>Martini...LB
....you mean you think we can still walk ?
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 09:20:35 pm »

FS!

Where've you been?

Hope all is well.

Landman/Paul

Crouch..........bind..........set
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 11:31:40 pm »

>Martini...LB
....you mean you think we can still walk ?

which is when the wet wipes come in handy, when the queue is too long or the walk too difficult....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 09:35:11 pm »

Not sure wet wipes are the way forward the first year we went with this option not the best or effective way to do it (and dangerous in the wrong hands slippery packet smacking self in face incident) better off washing in larger much safer. Hence the build a shower 

The only way is Sideways
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 06:23:56 pm »

I'll be going for the 20l. black shower bag.   If the water's cold, it's cold.
Just need to sort out something to hang it from.  Undecided

Werner's set-up last year was a good 'un.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: