Club Arnage
May 01, 2024, 03:45:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrutineering Day 1  (Read 6088 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2010, 11:26:15 pm »

I'm bushed (11.30 here) and am going to bed now but here are some hurried pics from today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97986095@N00/sets/72157624093316441/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:32:27 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 11:33:19 pm »

Nice !  Seemes like you're on the spot where I would like to be  Grin

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 11:36:20 pm »

Nice !  Seemes like you're on the spot where I would like to be  Grin
There are very few advantages to being stuck in a wheelchair but that is one of them!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jaydee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 12:21:01 am »

Nice pics, thanks for posting just finished packing ready for the off in the morning, a nice taster for the week ahead.
Shortcut
CA Veteran

Team Booze 'n' Tabs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 01:28:16 am »

Thanks for posting the pics and getting me even more in the mood.  3 days to departure, packing done, and counting down the hours. 

"What do you mean you are busy in the second week in June for the rest of your life!"
mwbennett
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 08:10:15 am »

Saw you there Termie, but obviously couldn't say "hi"...

The crowds in the reducedspaceof Jacobins were horrendous. I missed seeing many cars just because it was impossible to get near.

If it's the same today then we're giving up and going to do something else instead - can't believe I typed that, but I don't fancy getting crushed or trampled.  Sad
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 08:13:20 am »

thanks for the pics, they bring me in a good mood!
badgered1
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 12:46:42 pm »

Big thanks for the photos. It's great that the group of members that goes to the event can share it with the members that sadly are at home and missing another year.

Sew on and sew forth.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 02:45:01 pm »

Thanks for the photos Deb, really whetted the appetite.
Better finish loading the car, leaving in 15 hours Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 08:45:45 pm »

The crowds in the reducedspaceof Jacobins were horrendous. I missed seeing many cars just because it was impossible to get near.

If it's the same today then we're giving up and going to do something else instead - can't believe I typed that, but I don't fancy getting crushed or trampled.  Sad
Much improved today.  I think it was just a big mistake making the first ever Sunday scrutineering day the one on which the usual venue was being torn up and re-built.  Hopefully once all the work is finished then it will work better.  You can't move round here for new buildings/roads/bl**din' footie stadia etc.  Somebody's got some cash.

championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 08:52:28 pm »

thanks from me too Deb, as like many I'M a net only viewer this year! after a wet misery trying monday, tis put a smile back on ones face to see your pics,All i need now is an aston flag to break up he endless FOOTIE ones round here!!
Is there a match on or somethink??
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 08:53:19 pm »

You can't move round here for new buildings/roads/bl**din' footie stadia etc.  Somebody's got some cash.
Took a while to work out what the bad language was, not sure bleedin' needs asterisks.

As for the next bit I think the ACO has got the cash.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
mwbennett
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 10:31:03 pm »

It was much better today - I think all the locals that normally come along during lunch, or take a day off to view, must have decided to go on Sunday.
Still didn't stop people barging me out of the way, and in one case pushing me hard down on the shoulder because I was in the way of his photo - whilst composing mine...
(I'm about 5'3" - must have really blocked his view!) Hurt like hell )  Angry  - you'd think my walking stick would give them a clue that you may be in some pain wouldn't you...?

Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 09:24:44 am »

bastards!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 06:44:20 pm »

More stuff added today.  Day 2 is in progress.

I was a bit plagued by the sign in front of me and the fact that the teams were looking at the media above my head, but all in all mine was a better spot than yours, Mark.  Even so there was a bunch of idiots behind us forever leaning over my shoulder and bashing the back of the chair.  No idea who they were or how they got in because there was hardly anybody in that spot on Sunday.  Corporate guests on freebies for the most part, I guess.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: