Club Arnage
May 23, 2024, 06:55:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back home again  (Read 25189 times)
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 10:35:18 am »

The Moose has finally found his way home. Another great year. Thanks to all who made it possible and fun for me to attend.
Hope not to leave anyone out. Chris 24 for delivering me from Portsmouth and returning to Reading. Stu MikeC & Norway Nick plus Wayne for campsite comaraderie and food fest. The Bretheren for their continuous party and .....mobile. Werner for being first to hand me a cold beer in a glass Grin DFH for their continuous party.Chris Phil and Dave for a great day out on Friday to St Saturnin and the  drivers parade.
Tom for flagpole delivery and return.
Devon was sunny and Dad is doing as well as can be expected.
Canada Phil   

plus if you think I'm hard to understand, wait till the Haggis Munchers turn up next year.

Excuse me Stu, I resemble that remark  Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 10:58:20 am »

It doesn't seem like a week since we arrived back from a great LM. I would like to say thanks firstly to Nick for the use of has caravan and putting up with my snoring (Stu was louder and he was outside). To Stu thanks for being camp cook. It was a great weekend and the company of Phil a Wayne(Stu's Bitch) was great. Just wait till next year when hopfully the Liverpool Boys are back in strength,with the Scottish branch.
Thanks to Andy on the last night for a nice drop of Cognac, it went well with the cheese.

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 11:24:36 am »

hmmmm Haggis munchers, that gives me an idea, we have had a Norwegian themed dinner night, maybe next year it the Scots turn to cook Wink
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 11:48:29 am »

hmmmm Haggis munchers, that gives me an idea, we have had a Norwegian themed dinner night, maybe next year it the Scots turn to cook Wink

Could be in for a treat then.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article94120.ece

and another

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/12/1227_041227_deep_fried_mars_bars.html

and another

http://fxcuisine.com/default.asp?language=2&Display=112&resolution=high

and finally

http://fxcuisine.com/default.asp?language=2&Display=129&resolution=high

No wonder Gordon Ramsey moved down south.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:42:46 pm by Stu » Logged
Cissie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 12:09:12 pm »

Well we had a great time again and I think our four virgins did too. It was great to meet up with old friends and to make some new ones, can't wait for next year!
Can someone explain something to me... why is there never anything in the English press about Le Mans?
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 12:13:44 pm »

Well we had a great time again and I think our four virgins did too. It was great to meet up with old friends and to make some new ones, can't wait for next year!
Can someone explain something to me... why is there never anything in the English press about Le Mans?

The dismal England football performance against the USA would have probably overshadowed this years event.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 12:14:17 pm »

If my holidays allow and I make it next year I will supply Haggis,neeps and tatties no problem and maybe some Plum Duff (which does not contain even a hint of plums)for afters  Wink

They have lumps of what round the back???
JB

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 01:29:21 pm »

There was an article in the Saturday Daily Telegraph Motoring section (26/06) - admittedly it wasn't a lot but at least it was something!! You would think it would deserve a great deal more attention.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 01:46:00 pm »

Why is it that I can't ever concentrate on anything Stu posts?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:47:37 pm by chop456 » Logged

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2010, 01:52:57 pm »

Why is it that I can't ever concentrate on anything Stu posts?

JPC's are better.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 02:49:39 pm »

I often wonder about this and feel like writing to the sports editors to tell them to get their fingers out but then I think to myself why? It's OUR event and a lot of what makes Le Mans great is the interaction and camerarderie between like minded sportscar fans from all over the world. Frankly, and I know this is a bit selfish, but I'd rather it stayed like it is with new people joining in because they've heard about it from US, not the massed ranks of the press. It's getting corporate enough as it is and I'm sure none of us want it turning into the mess that has become F1.
Lets all keep quiet eh?

I tested negative for patience.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2010, 04:14:57 pm »

Just managing to get back to normal is taking time, but what a week !! Fantastic for so many reasons,
1. The quattro made it both ways within only a turbo pipe coming off on the way down just outside Rouen hampering progress for a while, until we fixed it with a few jubilee clips.

2. I managed to fulfill my duties as a course marshall all week despite the cancer that's trying to eat my spine . I've already applied for next years race so it isn't going to find things too easy !!

3.The next two pictures of a dead Peugeot and a driver with a face liked a smacked arse says it all as when this happened Audi were 1-2. It could only get better !!

By null at 2010-06-15

Not looking too happy on this one !!

By null at 2010-06-15

As Audi were showing their A1 I thought I'd show them what a real A1 Audi looked like !!

By null at 2010-06-15

hope all is better soon Gordon! Shame to see the little Frenches dipping there fingers where they are not wanted

Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2010, 11:36:22 pm »

Cheers Kev,  you missed a good one mate, are you doing Cholmondely? I'll be there on the quattro stand on Sat and Sun so would be good to meet up!
Or we could get a night out organised, you're good at that sort of thing !!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2010, 12:37:04 am »

Good pictures there Gordon, I like them. I did try calling your number on the Thursday but wasn't too sure on the last digit, so i tried both options i had, one wasn't recognised and the other went through to some French answer message, so i decided it was pointless walking down to Terte Rouge if i was unable to contact you.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

Regards
Chris
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2010, 01:50:18 am »

Cheers Kev,  you missed a good one mate, are you doing Cholmondely? I'll be there on the quattro stand on Sat and Sun so would be good to meet up!
Or we could get a night out organised, you're good at that sort of thing !!
well get a night sorted as dont know if ill be able to do Cholmondely i do want to try as ive never been!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: