Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 06:38:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please update the CA Wiki while your memory is still fresh  (Read 2692 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2010, 06:30:50 am »

Hi there,

while using the CA guide at Le Mans you may have come across inaccurate or incomplete information in it. Please update the CA Wiki so the next guide will be better. In case you do not feel comfortable with editing it by yourself, just mail you changes to me and I will take care of it - either by pm or direct e-mail to president@lemanszone.de

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:37:04 am »

2 thoughts I had

1) The "Where to watch" needs to be re-engineered into 2 parts, the new one concerned with where to get photos. There are several folk with really good photos who can pass on some tips - all I noticed is there is part of the top of the bank at Tertre Rouge where you can avoid catch fencing, similarly at Indianapolis. Otherwise we could add Photographer Tips into the existing paras.

2) We should pull out the tickets/campsite/routing/ferry stuff into a separate guide "Getting to le Mans" that we publish in October (assuming ACO website really does come to life on Oct 04)
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 11:58:15 am »

That are very two valid points. I agree on the idea of splitting the guide into two parts. The tickets/campsite/routing/ferry/watching part should go into a separate guide which can be published earlier.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 05:55:36 pm »

2 thoughts I had

2) We should pull out the tickets/campsite/routing/ferry stuff into a separate guide "Getting to le Mans" that we publish in October (assuming ACO website really does come to life on Oct 04)

I wonder how many people would want a "guide to print off" for "Getting to Le Mans" I would think that it's the sort of thing you might look at on-line but do people really want it in a PDF?   Remember it's in the wiki all year to people to read. Do they really want ot down load several K when a small wiki page would do the same? 

just my 2ds worth.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: