Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 07:41:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MotoGP Indy value for the money  (Read 5217 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:25:27 pm »

If anyone is interested in a good motor racing vacation for your money, I would highly recommend the MotoGP race at Indy.  We went over yesterday and paid $40 for a general admission ticket ($80 for a wekend GA pass), which let us spectate just about anywere, and the IMS road course offers places where one can get ridiculously close to the action.  It was our first trip over for the bikes (weather first year, and work last year preventing me from going), and was well worth it.  They estimated the race day crowd at 100,000+ so others have caught on as well.  Watched the races with a bunch of crazy Spaniards who said it was the best racing vacation they'd ever taken.  Lots of stuff to do in Indy over weekend as well.
Will definitely be back next year, for the weekend.
Fax
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:21:00 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:19:54 pm »

Looked a good race, hopefully they can increase the size of the grid next year, this year has been a bit sparse in MotoGP
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 11:17:48 pm »

Agreed. the top class grid is pretty small these days, but with the new regs being introduced hopefully some bigger fields are on the way.
Can't praise the way MotoGP has been handled over there enough, especially compared to the way F1 screwed things up at the speedway.  The riders were accessable, many of them (Rossi, Lorenzo, Edwards, etc) making appearances on the Speed TV stage in the infield, lots of stuff to see & do during the breaks in on-track activity, including manufacurer displays, and the garage area (Gasoline Alley) being used for vendor displays.  As I said, the complete opposite of the way F1 butchered things over there.  When F1 was there, the support card was pathetic, and there was nothing in thw way of activities for the fans accept of bunch tents hocking team apparel, and participants locked themselves away in motorhomes and behind fencing.
Fax
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:19:30 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 02:28:26 am »

I should ad, we watched the GP's from Turn 10...
Just had to Grin
Fax
Lee Self
CA Veteran

Almost time for Sebring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 03:36:12 pm »

brilliant!   Grin
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 04:20:45 pm »

Grin
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 08:54:43 pm »

scott redding 3rd.brilliant

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 11:21:10 am »

scott redding 3rd.brilliant

Is that how they pronounce Jorge Lorenzo in Gloucestershire?  Cool

To be honest, much as I like watching MotoGP, I've still to see a Moto 2 Race. Anyone know if they televise it and if so where?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 11:36:12 am »

They estimated the race day crowd at 100,000

LOL!

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 04:01:18 pm »

Sad note to the race weekend, was the death of 13 year old Peter Lenz, who was competing in a support race.

My condolences to his family.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 05:06:14 pm »

Agreed Barry, really unfortunate accident to the young man.  I didn't even hear about it until the next morning.  Apparently he fell during the warm-up and was struck by a following rider.
Hey Chop, tough to tell how accurate their estimate was, not many folks in the stands except at the complex inside turn 1 of the oval.  But there was a helluva lot of people in the infield portion of the circuit, my guess is 70-75,000 more accurate.  I know how you feel about the morons that own IMS, and what they did to the sport and I'm in complete agreement.  But I have to admit that I really enjoyed Sunday, despite weather conditons comparable to the face of the sun. Lots of fun to be had, and the yellow shirts weren't their usual pig-headed selves for once.
Andy, the Moto 2 race was a crash fest at Indy, about six riders ending up on the ground in front of us alone.  But the bikes look and sound terrific, and grids are massive, I think about forty riders on the grid at Indy.  You don't get Moto 2 on TV?  Each GP weekend, we get the top class live, and then Moto 2 and the 125's on tape delay.
Fax
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:46:43 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Big G

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:51:07 am »

The 125 & Moto2 races are usually broadcast live by the BBC on the red button. The 125s start something like 2-2.5 hrs before the start of the MotoGP race and the Moto 2s around 1-1.5 hours before, so if you go looking on the red button around that sort of time you should find it. They also broadcast the qualifying sessions for all 3 formulas on the saturday aswell.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:53:47 am by Big G » Logged
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 05:24:37 pm »

To be honest, much as I like watching MotoGP, I've still to see a Moto 2 Race. Anyone know if they televise it and if so where?
[/quote]

Moto2,125 and all of the MotoGP qualifying on Friday and Saturday is always shown in full on Eurosport. I get hacked off with the Beeb as they only show the MotoGP live and that also depends whether it clashes with anything else such as world championship Knitting when it is demoted to the redbutton. Twats.

With Eurosport you get a much better quality of commentary with Julian Ryder and Toby Moody, unfortunately Randy Mamola disappeared a while ago when it looked as if Eurosport was going to lose all the coverage, thankfully that didn't happen.

Moto2 is pure carnage, great brains and balls out racing.

The Brethren Rock
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 06:28:59 pm »

on bbc press the red button for 125 and 600 race in the mornings

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 03:02:45 pm »

Moto2 is pure carnage, great brains and balls out racing.

see above. RIP Tomizawa

The Brethren Rock
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: