Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 03:48:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP TOMIZAWA...  (Read 3564 times)
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2010, 02:56:12 pm »

Tragically killed in a horrendous crash today in Moto2 at Misano involving Britain Scott Redding and Alex de Angelis.

RIP Shoya
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:01:28 pm by Rusty » Logged

The Brethren Rock
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 07:10:28 pm »

Godspeed Shoya,
The Moto 2 race from Misano was shown at noon over here, just finished watching it and they announced after showing the podium ceremonies that Tomizawa had died of his injuries.  As said many times before, the bike racers are a breed apart.  Haven't heard any word yet on the conditon of Redding or de Angelis.  (Update, de Angelis uninjured, Redding has a laceration on his back)
Fax
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 08:47:20 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:39:35 pm »

At what point is somebody going to put the health of riders above the show???

Redding & Tomizawa were scooped up like ragdolls at the side of the track - Tomizawa's strecher was even dropped!!

I thought that we had seen the end of that after the sad end of Daijiro Kato.

RIP Shoya Tomizawa

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 09:50:16 pm »

RIP Shoya,

just checked he was born in 1990, 2 years older than my son. Feel sorry for him and his parents. Hope they get over it.brings me back the memories of John Surtees and his son - Henry Surtees. Life is too short.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 10:38:47 pm »

Some of the bike racers think the racing is now too safe !! - Casey Stoner i believe .

I was watching the race, Moto 2 is very close and they are all desperate to win.

As for the strecher, sometimes you just need to get people of to hospital before stabilizing them, especially when their injuries are that bad.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 12:21:02 pm »

Yes of course I agree mate, but if there was a casualty lying injured in lane 1 of the M27 I bet you would at least close lanes 2 & 3 before you let the paramedic start work with his back to the following traffic.

The decision not to stop the race to allow the professionals to do their jobs without fear of being hit by other racers was a matter of the utmost shame, utterly disgusting and quite beyond any reasonable explanation.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 10:51:41 pm »

I recorded the race, then thought bad taste to watch it, so i havent seen the whole thing.

My point reminded me that lately a very ill person was literally scooped into an ambulance within minutes, no stabilising as the injuries were very bad. I didnt realise the race continued, i presumed it was red flagged.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 06:53:19 pm »

Know what you mean Robbo, I was watching and recording and after being shown it again during the programme I decided not to watch again and deleted it. Not very nice at all, tumbling around like a rag doll.

RIP

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 08:18:47 pm »

Yes of course I agree mate, but if there was a casualty lying injured in lane 1 of the M27 I bet you would at least close lanes 2 & 3 before you let the paramedic start work with his back to the following traffic.

The decision not to stop the race to allow the professionals to do their jobs without fear of being hit by other racers was a matter of the utmost shame, utterly disgusting and quite beyond any reasonable explanation.

That's Italy for you.

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: