Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:23:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who we got in the Portsmouth area???  (Read 3894 times)
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2010, 01:16:54 pm »

As some of you may or may not know I have had few work issues over the past year but finally this weekend I am starting a new apprenticeship with Network Rail. There is 205 of us starting on sunday and we will be based at HMS Collingwood and training at HMS Sultan till the 10th of june next year.

This means that I will have to miss another year at Le Mans  Cry

So..... Is there enough CA members in the portsmouth area to get a meet arranged??? Christmas,pre Le Mans etc

Mike

They have lumps of what round the back???
bob
CA Veteran

great Le Mans

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:36:26 pm »

Robbo SPS is based in Portsmouth
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:53:09 pm »

Mike, have no fear the very best of CA members are down sarf!

all with easy drive are in no particular order, Robbo SPS, Ian...aka snoring Rhino, Paul aka Landman, Andy Zarse, Gibberish, Me, Leftie, and a few others who pitch up occasionally.  Have no fears you will always a warm hammock on those cold frostie winter mornings.  Sometimes it is so cold we get a frost on our windshields.

Not much of a frost though.....

Pompey isn't all that far from here either - plus if I'm down at the folks place, it's pretty easy (although I'm not convinced its that much closer).

In addition, Queen Vic of the Melans lives just outside Southampton, with evil Genius Zarse and Ginge, Hayley Melan isn't that far away either (b'stoke or Southampton dependant on the day of the week)  Lord Pig Pen is a short hop also (although I'm not sure that is a good idea given his track history) and Robspot is also not a million miles away.

So there's plenty of Pompey loving for you down there.  Just watch out for those with non opposable thumbs, of which there is a large number (I think it's cause Pompey is a bit like an island Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:18:33 pm »

Hi Mike,

There are definitely a few of us down South and I'm sure there will be a meet or two before Christmas and definitely in the New Year!  We're only 10 mins away from where you're going to be based!  Good luck with the job and see you soon.

Vickyx
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:33 pm »

Mike, if your course ends on 10th June and Le Mans falls on the 12th/13th, and given that you're already in Pompey right by the ferry port, then how is it that you are not ideally placed to pop over to France that weekend?  Huh

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 06:18:51 pm »

LM's on the 11/12th.

Friday night boat Portsmouth to Caen on the 10th, gets in at 6.30 am ish Saturday.

Bat down to LM, be there by breakfast on the Saturday.
Celebrate finishing the course, and you could watch the race as well.
Simples Smiley
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 07:04:15 pm »

Sorry to piss on your ideas here lads  Tongue but I finish at 9pm on the 10th,its called familys day where we beat the navy at the gun run and various other events,then I have to be at my home depot for 7:30am on the 13th ready to start my workplace induction. Trying to squeeze a trip to the great race into the 2 days in between could be rather hectic  Roll Eyes

I will just have to make up for it with all these offers of meets while im down sarf  Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 10:35:43 pm »

Portsmouth is a lovely Island, where all the locals will make you very welcome . . .

Fareham, where your staying, and Gosport where your training, are different places.

Bradley used to come to Portsmouth, but he upset the locals with fighting talk about football games, Reading vs Pompey and all that. And ironically, both teams are shhiity.

Maybe once your here - you staying at the weekends ? 

We should do a curry night.

I no longer live in Pompey, i live in the Meon Valley ( 10 miles away ) but i do work in the area, now known as

The Peoples Republic Of Portsea Island !!

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: