Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 06:05:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: selectmotorracing.com  (Read 8522 times)
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2010, 08:06:14 am »

Hi

Is threre anyone who know selectmotorracing.com? Are they to be trusted?

Would not like to send them a lot of money only to finde out that they dont deliver.

Kenn

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:19:37 am »

I bought HA tickets from them a couple of years ago. The only problem was that I had to take 2 overpriced GAs for each camping ticket. Apart from that they were perfectly OK.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:18:16 am »

Yes, sound as. Official Ticket partener of the ACO and the place where many Beermountaineers get their tickets from. No worries.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 11:18:43 am »

Only worries is GA at 177 £ Angry

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 07:33:35 pm »

That is criminal, they ought to be arrested, or at least boycotted.
They are making 145€ per GE ticket, on the prices you quote, and if you have to buy 2 for each camping permit that is 290€ ripoff per camping permit.
This is the piracy that pisses me off so much about the way the tickets are available through agencies.
The French would not put up buying tickets this way, why should we?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 08:16:07 pm »

Quite, Barry.  This is something that the GF really needs to tackle when he chats to the powers that be.  Why is the ACO so obsessed with the selling on of tickets at inflated prices whilst it is happy to sanction such practices?  

My petrolhead mates here only buy GEs on the gate - they are just not very interested in the add-ons as they think they are overpriced.  Most don't need to camp so they are not subject to these rip off tactics.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:17:48 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 09:13:54 pm »

Thing is  £177 is for GA and a grandstand seat, although not cheap hardly something to get all excited about and bother the ACO with.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 11:18:09 pm »

That is criminal, they ought to be arrested, or at least boycotted.
They are making 145€ per GE ticket, on the prices you quote, and if you have to buy 2 for each camping permit that is 290€ ripoff per camping permit.

Except the actual price they are asking for GEs is £71. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good diatribe  Wink
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 03:31:13 pm »

I have booked with Select in the past and have used there box at silverstone a couple of times

We are only not going with them as we prefer town centre accommodation.

They can be trusted 100% give Kevin or Donna a call and they will help you as best as they can.

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 11:18:09 am »

Ok, i talked to Kevin at Selected, and it turned out that the invoice was incorect. Nearly killed me with the 177 £. (to much pretraining for Le mans i think)  but the correct price is 71 £, so this is fine.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 04:57:39 pm »

Ok, i talked to Kevin at Selected, and it turned out that the invoice was incorect. Nearly killed me with the 177 £. (to much pretraining for Le mans i think)  but the correct price is 71 £, so this is fine.

But £71 is still 81.5 Euros! What is the 20+ group rate for tickets this year? Bet it's about 60 Euros or less?
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 07:34:59 pm »

But £71 is still 81.5 Euros! What is the 20+ group rate for tickets this year? Bet it's about 60 Euros or less?
ACO group rate probably is about 60€, but group rate has been 50+ tickets, not 20, for some years now.
£71 has been as low as 76€ in recent years, so the tour operators need to hedge their currency exchange.
Bear in mind that operators also have to pay 5% of their sales as commission to the ACO.
GF summed the situation up on another thread:
Before you blow a gasket over the ticket resellers, it is important that you know this. To be an 'official' ACO ticket reseller you first have to pay a substantial lump sum to the ACO just to join the group of official resellers. You then get to pay a wholesale rate for tickets that is not even as good as the discount offered to ACO members. Finally you have to pay the ACO a 5% royalty on your retail price. After all that, even with a decent mark-up you'll struggle to make it a sound business proposition.

I spent this afternoon talking to a major UK Le Mans travel company. As I've said before, they face the exact same set of problems dealing with the ACO as we do as individuals, only worse. Your choice is clear. You either go direct to the ACO and join as a member. get your discount and go your own way, or go to the travel operator and pay a premium to have someone else deal with the uncertainty and sleepless nights.
ACe

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 12:12:32 am »

I agree but it still seems steep when Tickets 2 u are selling them for £65 each.  Huge saving on your £71 when you are buying so many.  Also Selectmotorracing are NOT an official ticket agent so are not backed by the ACO.  Tickets 2 u are an official agent.  I've been for a few years now and checked all the sellers out, and there are definitely better deals to be had out there.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 12:43:00 pm »

ACO group rate probably is about 60€, but group rate has been 50+ tickets, not 20, for some years now.
£71 has been as low as 76€ in recent years, so the tour operators need to hedge their currency exchange.
Bear in mind that operators also have to pay 5% of their sales as commission to the ACO.
GF summed the situation up on another thread:
Before you blow a gasket over the ticket resellers, it is important that you know this. To be an 'official' ACO ticket reseller you first have to pay a substantial lump sum to the ACO just to join the group of official resellers. You then get to pay a wholesale rate for tickets that is not even as good as the discount offered to ACO members. Finally you have to pay the ACO a 5% royalty on your retail price. After all that, even with a decent mark-up you'll struggle to make it a sound business proposition.

I spent this afternoon talking to a major UK Le Mans travel company. As I've said before, they face the exact same set of problems dealing with the ACO as we do as individuals, only worse. Your choice is clear. You either go direct to the ACO and join as a member. get your discount and go your own way, or go to the travel operator and pay a premium to have someone else deal with the uncertainty and sleepless nights.

Point well made Christopher, but even at 76 Euros, thats still 2 x 16 Euros on top of an already hugely inflated price for the camping pass.

I'm very gratfeul to have my Entrance tickets arranged through a far more reliable source!  Grin
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 02:32:07 pm »

Looking at the website they appear to be mainly a coach tour operator. I can't see any obvious evidence that they are ABTA bonded. I'd be interested to read any experiences CA folks might have of Select.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: