Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 09:40:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice!  (Read 21761 times)
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2011, 10:49:59 pm »

Ade - thanks for your advice.

Need some help - six of us coming in three cars and Motor Racing International tell me that they have sold all their allocation of Houx and MB camping spaces.
We've got a young 9 year old lad with us who perhaps isn't quite ready for the insanities of Blue Nord. Anyone know of any other agencies with combination tour and camping on MB or Houx or, indeed anywhere else?

Pressure's on!!!!

I tested negative for patience.
ACe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:29:29 pm »

That's because they don't get a proper allocation as they are not an official agent.  You  need to try Tickets 2 U, Speed Chills or 1st Tickets.  Speed Chills you can book on line, I don't think any of the others allow it. Or worth just emailing them all via their websites, there are only a few official agents (I think those three are the main ones) so it won't take long to know if you can get any.
Of course, if you have a 9 year old you can't beat private camping otherwise.  Worth paying the extra for peace of mind.

sceetum
CA Veteran

Team booze n' tabs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:06:38 am »

We use Just Tickets for our plot on mb. Always been good for us, could be worth a call.

What have the romans ever done for us?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:08 am »

Steve, call me an old duffer but I'm not sure any LM campsite is a suitable environment to take a 9 year old! I've been on most of the sites over the years and even Houx is full of sweary drunken maniacs. At least BN is full of drunks you actually know!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:50:55 am »

I agree with Andy on this one, camp on BN, introduce the lad to the people you know best and everybody will keep an eye out for his wellbeing

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 09:22:06 am »

I think all the agencies have sold out of MB now. I had great difficulty finding an extra before xmas.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 11:00:22 am »

We've got a young 9 year old lad with us who perhaps isn't quite ready for the insanities of Blue Nord.
Have had a teenage daughter with me a couple of times on Karting, Tertre Rouge & Arnage. Never had a problem but Sunday night on Tertre Rouge I didn't sleep. (Then again have come to the conclusion Sunday night on any site is a different experience!) Definitely would recommend Arnage as more child friendly, tickets still available via ACO ticket office.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 11:26:16 am »

Steve you might want to give Karen McCarthy at www.traveldestinations.co.uk a call (0844 873 0203).
She was able to get us the Houx non-numbered tickets we wanted last year.

We have our Houx tickets for this year secured, so if you manage to get Houx non-numbered then we'll gladly reserve you a spot at the same place we were last year.
ACe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 11:55:09 am »

I believe a good family friendly option are the privately owned sites nearby such as Bounty and Le Pont Romain - I've heard very good things about both and I believe the nites are a lot quieter and calmer!!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 06:22:09 pm »

Maybe too far away (just down the road from me) from a boozing point of view and not your thing but I do know of a big gite which might be available (with above ground pool etc.)  It was empty during race week last year.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 08:04:40 pm »

even though I'm on MB this year. As on MB is u can walk easier to the trackside to watch the cars.

I have to agree on both the comments,

I agree with Andy on this one, camp on BN, introduce the lad to the people you know best and everybody will keep an eye out for his wellbeing

Steve, call me an old duffer but I'm not sure any LM campsite is a suitable environment to take a 9 year old! I've been on most of the sites over the years and even Houx is full of sweary drunken maniacs. At least BN is full of drunks you actually know!

they are mad, but not dangerous.

After last year, I like to think BN campers as the same as Ford Prefects updated entry of Earth, in The Hitchhikers guide  "mostly harmless"  Smiley

If you're going through hell, keep going.
adinsen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 12:59:34 pm »

I've been to Le Mans twice with two of my boys, in 2008 aged 8 and 10 and last year 10 and 12. We camped at BSJ both years. They had a great time! There are many drunk people at BSJ, even a few without pants on (or clothing at all), but nothing to worry about. I know parents are different and I'm probably more liberal than most, but everyone's extremely kind and helpful to the kids so I've never felt we were unsafe at all.

That said, however, they were quite annoyed by the mopeds running during the night close to the tent. A Corvette is *music* in comparison! So this year we're staying at Mulsanne and have booked a park ticket in Green area. With careful planning we expect to have a great time. Of course my intake of beer will have to be confined to times when I'm not driving the car, but I'm sure 2011 will be the best Le Mans so far for us.

/Anders
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 01:03:10 pm »

Thank you all for your assistance and advice.
We are now sorted with pitches on Maison Blanche through the good offices of Messrs Speedchills.

Thanks again guys

I tested negative for patience.
adinsen

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 02:58:36 pm »

We are now sorted with pitches on Maison Blanche through the good offices of Messrs Speedchills.

Thanks again guys

Great. He'll love it!
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 04:21:41 pm »

Thanks again guys

Stay clear of those Drinking for Holland guys, they're a mess Wink

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: