Club Arnage
June 06, 2024, 07:24:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice!  (Read 22239 times)
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 08:57:42 pm »

The young fella isn't even mine but I appreciate your concern and kind advice all.
My lad's a newbie at his first Le Mans this year but.....he is 28 are more than capable of drinking his father under the table! Unbelievable but true!
He's the Tres Hombres entertainments officer this year which, if he's learnt anything from his dad, will involve not much more than lots of Led Zeppelin at volume. I've taught him well.

All Club Arnager's welcome to Tres Hombres central on MB at any time for drinks and olives!

I tested negative for patience.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 09:32:28 pm »

All Club Arnager's welcome to Tres Hombres central on MB at any time for drinks and olives!

Blimey Lord Steve.... I might actually get to meet you finally!

Smiley
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 09:27:18 am »

The young fella isn't even mine but I appreciate your concern and kind advice all.
My lad's a newbie at his first Le Mans this year but.....he is 28 are more than capable of drinking his father under the table! Unbelievable but true!
He's the Tres Hombres entertainments officer this year which, if he's learnt anything from his dad, will involve not much more than lots of Led Zeppelin at volume. I've taught him well.

Olives!! Yuk! They're very bad for the liver you know!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 05:55:31 pm »

I'll get some other snackettes in for your delectation and delight Andy - what is your food specification?

I have to say (and I know that camping packages are available from other sources) but I dealt with Anne-Marie at Speedchills and was stunned by how helpful she was. Within minutes of receiving my email she had confirmed ferries, camping and GA tickets for three cars and six people. In addition to this they were cheaper than any other company I tried.
They have some limited availability left on MB and Houx so if anyone's still trying to find tickets get in touch with her.
Customer service par excellence!

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »

Blimey Lord Steve.... I might actually get to meet you finally!

Smiley
Are you on MB Fran or in the cow sheds again?

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 06:38:48 pm »

I thought it was about time I tried MB for a change - so its my first 24hrs inside the perimeter fencing!  (I have done a couple of Classics on MB but thats a bit different)

I am with Team LazyB again - Martini, Sconey, Dutch Bas, etc (but don't expect to find me doing the washing up, despite what Martini says).

F
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 08:43:33 pm »

I thought it was about time I tried MB for a change - so its my first 24hrs inside the perimeter fencing!  (I have done a couple of Classics on MB but thats a bit different)

I am with Team LazyB again - Martini, Sconey, Dutch Bas, etc (but don't expect to find me doing the washing up, despite what Martini says).

F
Delighted to hear it but who is Dutch Bas? The only Dutch Bas I know is resident on Houx with De Mannen de Le Mans. Can there be two Dutch Bas's?Huh

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 09:21:15 pm »

who is Dutch Bas? .... Can there be two Dutch Bas's?Huh

Its quite possible there are several.  Bas was with us Lazy B's at the Classic last year - always looked unnatually groomed for someone emerging from a tent!!  

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:22:52 pm by Fran » Logged
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 11:00:02 pm »

Delighted to hear it but who is Dutch Bas? The only Dutch Bas I know is resident on Houx with De Mannen de Le Mans. Can there be two Dutch Bas's?Huh
Well Bas is about as common as Steve here in Flatland, so there might be more than one.
Could have been me though as you've seen first hand how impeccably groomed I always emerge from the tent for social gatherings at our campsite.  Wink

Anyway glad to hear the Tres (and a half) Hombres will be there, will make sure to stop over at MB and expect you (and yours) for drinks over on Houx sometime during the week.

BTW PM me a safe mail address where I can send you a DVD of last year's antics, you're in it more than once i saw.  Grin
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 07:51:57 am »

Well Bas is about as common as Steve here in Flatland, so there might be more than one.
Could have been me though as you've seen first hand how impeccably groomed I always emerge from the tent for social gatherings at our campsite.  Wink

Anyway glad to hear the Tres (and a half) Hombres will be there, will make sure to stop over at MB and expect you (and yours) for drinks over on Houx sometime during the week.

BTW PM me a safe mail address where I can send you a DVD of last year's antics, you're in it more than once i saw.  Grin

Thank you Bas#1
You've got mail!

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 09:36:44 am »

I'll get some other snackettes in for your delectation and delight Andy - what is your food specification?

Monster Munch. Must be beef flavour.

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 10:17:50 am »

A rather select bunch on MB this year then. Better dig out my best linen and cravat.

Team LB this year will be... Me, SlowlySideways Andy, Dutch Bas#2, Newcastle_Dave, 'Frank Gallagher', Simonside Ian, Martini (Capt.)and the Lovely Fran(Wshn-up.)

We are bringing the van again with the freezer in the back so call in for ice cold beers and champers gentlemen. Wink

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 11:21:11 am »

What about the Pickled Onion flavour?

also

fun to see his passport

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6712576/Crisp-lover-changes-name-to-Mr-Monster-Munch.html

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 05:08:41 pm »

What about the Pickled Onion flavour?

What about it?  Angry It's okay in an emergency I suppose, but I demand beef and will be most insulted if Lord Steve doesn't furnish me with the delectable corn snack that comes in a yellow bag with all monsters on the front and that.

Oh and f**k Flamin' Hot, horrible stuff. There will be big trouble if I turn up and he only has that filth and olives. I will go mental. Angry Angry Angry

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 07:22:29 pm »

who is Dutch Bas? .... Can there be two Dutch Bas's?Huh

Its quite possible there are several.  Bas was with us Lazy B's at the Classic last year - always looked unnatually groomed for someone emerging from a tent!!  

Smiley

Bas - Sartorial elegance, with pinstriped under garments with a perfect ironed crease in them. His effort was only matched by my dedication to sit and do nothing.

BUT

I am now in training for this years coming, I have, this week, lasted for almost four days without a drink! All this so that if we have the heatwave as at this years Classic I will only be as exhausted as everyone else.

Next month I may get my bike out and March I may blow up the tyres...

This year I feel there will be a few challenges... 1. understanding Newcastle Dave after he has had a few sherberts, Sideways Andy is bad enough. 2. Tying Fran to a plastic washing up bowl so that she can fulfill her mission.

More updates on the training soon, must go and rest my RSI from all this typing... THEN off to the Club, WooHooo.

>Martin..LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: