Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 01:24:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Guys!  (Read 6317 times)
WM400KPH

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:26:33 pm »

Hey guys loved Le Mans since I was a little kid, which is longer ago than I care to think.
I have been planning a trip to Le Mans for years but every year something comes up to stop me in my tracks.. Next year I am utterly determined to make it happen!!

Does anybody know the date of the 2012 race or when it is announced?   

Thanks guys .. Guide is awesome a great read!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:57:04 pm »

Hi and wecome to CA.

2012 it will be on the w/e 9th/10th or 16th/17th June, my guess, and it's just a guess, is 9th/10th.
This year race dates were announced a lot earlier than in previous years, end of August.

Not to late to go this year in you get a move on Evil
WM400KPH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 12:54:11 pm »

Thanks Barry, this year is going to be a no go thanks to moving home. My fun money and days off are all used up  Sad
Planning to light up the BBQ and pull an all nighter in front of the TV .. practice for the real deal  Smiley

msport

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:53:35 pm »

Hi, I'm recently new to CA as well. but have been to LM many times now, once you do eventually go, you will never stop. My advise would be to join the ACO now, that way you will qualify for ACO member seats in the grandstand next year. Many people dont bother, but its good to have a perminant seat to go back to after walking round, its also got its own bar with ice cold beer.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 09:27:37 am »

Hi, I'm recently new to CA as well. but have been to LM many times now, once you do eventually go, you will never stop. My advise would be to join the ACO now, that way you will qualify for ACO member seats in the grandstand next year. Many people dont bother, but its good to have a perminant seat to go back to after walking round, its also got its own bar with ice cold beer.

There is no guarantee of getting a seat in the ACO Grandstand though,  we've been in it for the past few years, but got bumped next door this year Huh

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 01:20:30 pm »

don't bother with the ACO, save your money and spend your first year walking around, spend the extra on a decent campsite and you will be close to the action, the cost of grandstand seats is high and the size of the circuit means that you do not want to stay in one place particularly if it is your first year.
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 02:56:23 pm »

I dont think the value of a seat is worth it. Last year i had a seat in the stand above the pits, and i think i used it for app. 3 houres during the race and did not want to sit there at the end as all the aktion happens at the trackside.

the only reason to hav a seat is if the sun comes and it gets realy hot. But as they say "it always rains at Le Mans"

Kenn

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 05:56:51 pm »

Its noticeable that the stands above the pits do empty out quickly, whereas people tend to stay in the stands opposite.  But everybody wanders around

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
msport

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 02:56:48 pm »

I still say its a good idea to have a base & a place to sit down for an hour or so, great atmosphere at the start and great vantage point to view pit activity, especially at night.
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 05:30:04 pm »

Thats the advantage of a decent campsite, can sit around until 5 mins to go and then stroll over and watch the cars coming under the dunlop bridge for the first time.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 06:03:20 pm »

Its noticeable that the stands above the pits do empty out quickly, whereas people tend to stay in the stands opposite.  But everybody wanders around

Main reason for this is you cannot see the cars going in and out of the pits, unless you are in the very front row. Not good if you suffer vertigo either.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:31 pm »

But you can get some good pics later on when there are empty spaces

* pit grandstand.jpg (296.31 KB, 650x433 - viewed 241 times.)

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: