Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 09:01:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for the drivers parade  (Read 11572 times)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 02:58:20 pm »

Don't know yet what Friday will bring.   Might head on to the parade, but don't really feel like being in the massive crowds over there ... the Mazda being part of the parade might change my mind though. 

Never been at Saint Saturnin, so I could get over there this year.  Can you get there easily by bike, or only by car ?

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 03:12:47 pm »

Pies and Pasties - you got me.
Is there an opportunity for any "Gentlemen's entertainment" post curry and beer?

Steve, all those years of going to LM and you're telling us you've never stumbled upon the delights of the Relax Club? The ladies who work there possess a very pleasant demeanour. It's a few years since we've visited as there was once a misunderstanding involving The Gimp and it was decided by the management that we should leave forthwith. However, the general idea that you stick Euros, or indeed Monster Munch (but not Pickle Onion flavour), down their knickers and they perform a pleasing dance.

One of my lot plan to visit the "Gentlemen's relaxation bar" after the drivers parade, he understands from others it jolly good fun Tongue
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 03:15:40 pm »

Question - How the hell do you get from MB to the tram way? What the best route on foot?

Answers on a post card pls

Jules
hansy69

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 03:56:49 pm »

Last year went to the Drivers parade, 5 pints and orange juice 36 euros!!!!!!

Whats prices in pub like?

I normally go every 5 years or so. Normally GBA by the afternoon  Roll Eyes
Been a few times but rather spend my day at the Great British Welcome. Last time I went to the Parade, you could hardly see anything due to the crowds and all three of us had someone try and pick our pockets. Beer prices, as already mentioned, are also extortionate. As for seeing the old town (which is nice) I used to combine it with scrutineering on the Tuesday but seeing as that changed to Sunday and Monday last year, I'll not be doing that either.  Angry Angry

Ok guys, listen up!!

The Union Jack pub is run by British with mainly british staff (those who are French will understand you very well)
We are launching a new lager on Saturday called BULLDOG BEER which will be priced at only 3€ a pint
The rest of the beers on tap start from 5€, bottled beers start from 4€ included DUFF beer from the Simpsons!
We have Guinness and Real ale also on tap
We have pies and pasties available from 3€ to 5€
Official ACO t-shirts (the one with the Union Jack on, look it up at lemans.org) from 20€ to 22€ (official prices)

Some bars do take the p*ss with prices when it comes to the race, but we look after our own and will NOT raise the prices to rip people off.
The Union Jack has events going on all week, Pub Quiz Monday night, Guitar Hero night on the Tuesday, full coverage of the qualifying etc

Another piece of advice is to avoid the curry houses! They are nothing like the ones back in England. Mst of them dont even serve poppadums and the curries are not spicy enough (they cater for the French remember!) There is a Lebanese restaurant next to the Union Jack pub which I recommend. There is also kebab houses, steak bars, Italien restaurants, French style all within 1 minute of the bar.

There are one or two "Gentlemens clubs", including one just around the corner from the Union Jack pub, which opened this year called the "Platinum"

FOUL

A bar called the Union Jack Pub must be out of bounds police

but what did you say about pies Wink

Why "Out of bounds"Huh?
We have a good British base of ex-pats here!

Any more questions?Huh
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 05:10:59 pm »

Never been at Saint Saturnin, so I could get over there this year.  Can you get there easily by bike, or only by car ?

Presume you mean push bike, it's a few klicks north of the A11, so unless you are Big H a car would be better, unless you mean motorbike, in which case no problem.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:57:16 pm by Barry » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 05:11:38 pm »

Don't know yet what Friday will bring. 

Probably a hangover Sad
Mjit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 05:46:43 pm »

Question - How the hell do you get from MB to the tram way? What the best route on foot?

Answers on a post card pls

Jules

To get TO the tram head cross-campsites to either:
 - Houx/Houx Annex and catch the tram from the terminus at the Houx Annex roundabout.
 - Tetre Rouge, take a left under the ring road and catch it from the first stop, just after the roundabout.

To get back either do the same or, if you prefer to avoid the more drunken of the crowds jump off at the Tetre Rouge stop and take the road just before the tram stop that heads straight towards Expo and the main entrance, outside the circuit.

Tram stops are marked on Google maps - even though the tram hadn't been built when the pics were taken.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 06:59:35 pm »

It's a bit of a hike, and a longer wobble on the way home.
Walk to Houx Annexe and you can't miss it.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 02:51:18 am »

Never been at Saint Saturnin, so I could get over there this year.  Can you get there easily by bike, or only by car ?

Presume you mean push bike, it's a few klicks north of the A11, so unless you are Big H a car would be better, unless you mean motorbike, in which case no problem.

Errr, I ment mountainbike  Tongue ...

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 08:55:07 am »

According to via Michelin it's 10 miles from the aerodrome to St Saturnin. Thats the most direct route which uses the Le Mans ring road.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 01:31:34 pm »

I can verify this.  It always seems like mileage - although I've never been without a banging headache, so that probably has alot to do with it Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 04:03:24 pm »

You can cut down the mileage by putting your bike on the tram and then get off at the hospital and cycle from there (there might even be a closer stop but I'd need to study my local maps a bit better).  It would take a bit of navigating though as bikes can't go on bits of La Rocade (the ring road).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:06:59 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 05:12:12 pm »

Put the bike on the back of your car and drive there... Grin Huh

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la sant้ , เ consommer avec mod้ration
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 06:28:42 pm »

Last year went to the Drivers parade, 5 pints and orange juice 36 euros!!!!!!

Whats prices in pub like?

I normally go every 5 years or so. Normally GBA by the afternoon  Roll Eyes
Been a few times but rather spend my day at the Great British Welcome. Last time I went to the Parade, you could hardly see anything due to the crowds and all three of us had someone try and pick our pockets. Beer prices, as already mentioned, are also extortionate. As for seeing the old town (which is nice) I used to combine it with scrutineering on the Tuesday but seeing as that changed to Sunday and Monday last year, I'll not be doing that either.  Angry Angry

Ok guys, listen up!!

The Union Jack pub is run by British with mainly british staff (those who are French will understand you very well)
We are launching a new lager on Saturday called BULLDOG BEER which will be priced at only 3€ a pint
The rest of the beers on tap start from 5€, bottled beers start from 4€ included DUFF beer from the Simpsons!
We have Guinness and Real ale also on tap
We have pies and pasties available from 3€ to 5€
Official ACO t-shirts (the one with the Union Jack on, look it up at lemans.org) from 20€ to 22€ (official prices)

Some bars do take the p*ss with prices when it comes to the race, but we look after our own and will NOT raise the prices to rip people off.
The Union Jack has events going on all week, Pub Quiz Monday night, Guitar Hero night on the Tuesday, full coverage of the qualifying etc

Another piece of advice is to avoid the curry houses! They are nothing like the ones back in England. Mst of them dont even serve poppadums and the curries are not spicy enough (they cater for the French remember!) There is a Lebanese restaurant next to the Union Jack pub which I recommend. There is also kebab houses, steak bars, Italien restaurants, French style all within 1 minute of the bar.

There are one or two "Gentlemens clubs", including one just around the corner from the Union Jack pub, which opened this year called the "Platinum"

FOUL

A bar called the Union Jack Pub must be out of bounds police

but what did you say about pies Wink

Why "Out of bounds"Huh?
We have a good British base of ex-pats here!

Any more questions?Huh

Thanks Hansy, where abouts is this Union Jack Bar of which you speak?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 07:16:22 pm »

Mr Z - Hansy says in the Guide thread "And we have a new bar the UNION JACK, a british bar run by British, with a 24 hour theme. In fact, my brother raced 3 times in the 24 hours and we have trophy's of his and photos of the cars of the 2008 race on the bar. Find us in Rue du Docteur Leroy, just off the place de la Republique, the pub with the huge British flag on the wall!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: