Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 06:08:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from me and my apprentice nerd  (Read 4690 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:15:58 am »

Hi!

I'm on my 3rd Le Mans, but first on CA. This year I'll be attending with 4 friends and my son Tristan - my apprentice nerd.

The deal with Tristan (10 years) is that he can only come along if he becomes a Le Mans nerd - he is already a successful Dr Who nerd and I'm going to try to add a nerdism each year, starting with Le Mans.  Unfortunately, so far all he knows is that (a) he can lap LM on Grant Tourismo in less than 5 mins, (b) sips of beer tastes good (as he's still too young to drink, it'll be his job to get me home) (c) mad Friday looks "cool" (not quite the way I would describe it),  (d) he must not let his father get a speeding ticket or else he's paying.....and that's a lot of Beanos (oh, that's another nerdism)

We'll be at Maison Blanche - say hi if you see us (one of us will be on a Nintendo DS), or if you have a pressing Dr Who or Beano question (1960-2011) just ask!

Ian

Sent from my pocket!!

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 08:48:49 am »

Hi Ian, welcome to CA.
Brave of you to take a 10 year old to the main event, although we took one and a 2 year old to the Classic. We lost the tiddler within 10 minutes pf arriving on MB. Shocked
Hope you both enjoy the weekend.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 11:56:34 am »

Welcome to CA Ian,

My lad (11yr old) will be making his first official trip next yr to the Classic although he has been driven on the  public road/track by me during a detor a few years ago during a family holiday to Disneyland Paris Grin He loves motor racing especially endurance racing so he has the paitence to sit there for a long time and yes, he's glued to the DSi, PSP and now the DSi3D so that help! He can even beat me on GT4 Roll Eyes

Have a great time

Jules
msport

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 02:37:25 pm »

Hello and welcome to CA,
You are a brave man to take a 10 year old. I refused to take my son until he was 23, good luck

Msport
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 01:06:22 am »

I hope that he takes me when he is 23.  He might even take me to his parties (OK maybe not)

Ian

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: