Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 02:17:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank god McNish is ok!  (Read 9075 times)
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2011, 03:55:31 pm »

Thank god he got out an walk away I felt sick!!!!

Bring on the low flyers
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 04:30:54 pm »

Agreed....but I'm waiting to hear what in hell he was thinking.... Huh Huh Huh

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
John G

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 04:39:25 pm »

Made me feel the same, one of those that left you under no illusions, a right old p**sser by any standards  Shocked

TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 04:44:28 pm »

T'was a rather large shunt - not seen it other than youtube but was it fast car/slow car or trying too hard and forgetting the other 23 hours?
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 06:01:47 pm »

Official notification on FB / Twitter. He's unharmed. One of the photographers behind the armco has a broken.... phone. Excellent news.

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 06:12:47 pm »

Mother of a shunt, but agree with JC, what the hell was Allan thinking?  Pretty serious brain cramp, from a very experienced driver.  But this isn't the first time we've seen Allan have a brain fart, remember the Petit a few years ago when he stuffed the car on the sighting lap.  Unfortunately this Audi isn't going any further, bet Herr Ulrich is not amused.
Fax
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 08:22:26 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 07:02:36 pm »

Wow Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked, just seen the reply on Eurosport web site, as fax says, what was he doing with that overtake.

I see in the shot Toby has posted below that part of the funfair has moved
Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 02:24:15 am »

thank he's ok and glad that stray wheel off the R18 that nearly hit that photographer didn't as that could have been nasty.

johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 05:27:52 am »

....and then there was Rocky's nasty crash.  I felt sick and disbelief on both of them when I saw the disintegration happening before my eyes.  Thank God nobody died or appeared to be seriously injured though I understand that Rockenfeller is still in the hospital.   Anyone hear an update on his condition?   ....and then the sole survivor marched right on through and took the victory right out of the jaws of the Puggies...  what guts and fortitude to do that after what they saw happen to the other two Audis.  Got to hand it to the new guys.

...and the number 73 Corvette did a great job of hanging in there and bringing home the bacon.  Congrats to them, too bad Johnny O wasn't one of the drivers.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 08:20:30 am »

I heard on commentary that Rocky was on his way back to the track for the end of the race. McNish was also released from hospital. Two others remained in hospital, none serious thankfully.

When you watch the McNish incident again, look just how damn lucky the press and marshals were - carbon fibre and a wheel all over the place, and the car only just about stopping on the armco. Could've been much more serious. There's a photographer near the bottom of the shot standing there with his camera stand slung over his arm. He barely moved through the whole incident. Lost a photo opportunity, and could so easily have been his life, thanks to slow reactions.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:25:47 am by smokie » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 10:17:22 am »

A hush descended over the whole circuit untill everyone saw him walk out the wreckage, one very lucky man, as was Rocky.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 02:32:25 pm »

When you watch the McNish incident again, look just how damn lucky the press and marshals were - carbon fibre and a wheel all over the place, and the car only just about stopping on the armco. Could've been much more serious. There's a photographer near the bottom of the shot standing there with his camera stand slung over his arm. He barely moved through the whole incident. Lost a photo opportunity, and could so easily have been his life, thanks to slow reactions.
Just think there were about 10 photographers together, in the picture above is DSC's own "Pedro" May, his lense was broken, and if you watch the TV footage, he bloody pegged it and dove against the wall to escape the car. Just think what would've happened if the Audi hadn't twisted on its nose to return trackside.

"There but for the Grace of God" and all that. Everyone was lucky over the weekend.

Wooosh!!!!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 04:49:11 pm »

I am suddenly quite glad that the ACO went wild with those catch fences

I guess flying CF could whip a head off like a shot

An utterly amazing event captured perfectly, but blimey I'm glad I missed it

So glad McN walked away too, real scary racing

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:26 pm »

Me too. We were down at the bottom of the hill at the start of the Esses. Was just putting my camera away, heard the collective intake of breath all around and looked up to see McNish already halfway across the gravel. Didn't even realise which car it was by then. Got the camera back out and used the long lens to keep all around me informed that he'd got out of the car ok. Didn't take away the nausea though, realising I thought I'd just seen one of my fave drivers perish  Sad
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 04:46:24 pm »

thank god mcnish is ok and thank god everyone else is ok. pure luck that a photographer or marshal wasnt killed

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: