Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 06:14:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mandatory Breath Test Kits, France?  (Read 23018 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 02:20:55 pm »

Exactly:

.  Some speculation as to which of Sarkozy's relatives produces the things...

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 09:11:22 pm »

http://www.lost-in-france.com/living-in-france/driving/1527-breathalyser-kits
There's a facility to copy this into any site so we could ask to use this?

Hi Deb,

I'd prefer to re-phrase and re-write it so we don't have copyright issues with the print edition of teh CA Guzide in June

There's no certainty that this will become law.
Nothing has happened since Sarkozy made his speech in November. So it might be better to wait before drafting anything for the CA Guide.
Road safety organisations in France are, like Geoffd, against the idea on the grounds that only those people who are already law abiding will comply.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 10:46:18 pm »

This was on the radio at about 5 am this morning.

Apparently satnavs that show speed camera locations are to be banned too.  So a friend's new Volvo will have the satnav ripped out of the dash by le flic next time he's in France.

Will this be as successful as Sarkosys plans to get rid of the pikeys.  Does he really think that a 30 bob breathtester taped to the dash is going to save lives.  What a nain's derriere

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 09:00:15 am »

Kpy, there certainly seems to be plenty about this in the English speaking (often inaccurate or at the very least more akin to the Mail than a proper newspaper in their extrapolation of the  real facts) media here but I've seen little more in the French press.  It did re-surface yesterday for some reason and I'm not quite sure why.

Werner, as Christopher says, probably best to hold off for the moment.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »

According to http://www.net-iris.fr the law is expected to be altered on 1 April this year to include a requirement for all vehicles to carry two breath alcohol testers, costing 1.5 to 2 euros each (along with the already mandatory reflective gilet and triangle).
There's no mention of any requirement to use one, and indeed if you had two and did use one you'd immediately have to buy another to comply with the reqirement!
What a daft idea  Roll Eyes
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »

in one local village purge a friend was sent back to the cafe for coffee and told to stay for hour.another was given a lift up to his house and told to more sensible.some of the local wooden tops are reasonable.in an afternoon testing beano out of 22 drivers 1 an english bloke was legal.all the rest pissed.all let of.plenty of warnings but people still do it.the farmers would probably use those plastic tube things to inseminate their sheep.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 08:08:40 pm »

There's also a lot of discussion on another forum about GPS data bases and speed camera locations.  I'm still trying to get my head round exactly what the new requirement is, and as I used mine but rarely am going to put this off until I get out of hospital.  Have you worked it out properly, Christopher?

lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 11:09:52 am »

i got an e-mail from tom tom this morning telling me to deactivate the radar alert as it was banned in france.i cant see the filth checking every sat nav in road blocks to deactivate alerts.stooopid.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 01:55:44 pm »

I'm not sure I can as it's a factory fit unit  Angry

Crouch..........bind..........set
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »

I'm not sure I can as it's a factory fit unit  Angry
Garmin, TomTom et al are apparently in the process of producing the software to adapt to the new regs (warning you of "danger areas" - sort of the equivalent of the old accident black spot - where many of the cameras are located.)  Don't know about factory fits but how has Switzerland coped all this time?  Once again, I'm still getting my head around this but have other more pressing matters on my mind at the mo'.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:05:07 pm by termietermite » Logged

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 09:01:06 pm »

Don't think Sarko will be in any position to introduce anything after the next election.
New competition at Camp C'Arnage, who can get the highest score on a breath test machine?
My moneys on Lord Pig Pen, or possibly JP.
I have no idea what you are talking about  Wink

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 04:31:14 pm »

I'm not sure I can as it's a factory fit unit  Angry
Garmin, TomTom et al are apparently in the process of producing the software to adapt to the new regs (warning you of "danger areas" - sort of the equivalent of the old accident black spot - where many of the cameras are located.)  Don't know about factory fits but how has Switzerland coped all this time?  Once again, I'm still getting my head around this but have other more pressing matters on my mind at the mo'.

Many of the satnav forums are confirming that as from 4th Jan, any device which detects or knows of the position of safety (speed) cameras is illegal.  I don't think that just disabling speed camera alerts on your PND (or built-in devices) will be sufficient - too easy to switch back on again!!  TomTom are issuing a speed-camera file for France which is effectively empty.

@Paul - all built-in satnavs must have some way of updating the s/w or map data - usually either by cd or SD card.  I would suggest you get in touch with the vehicle/satnav manufacturer to get an update.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 11:18:45 am »

Breath kits available here

http://www.drug-testing-kit.co.uk/acatalog/breath-alcohol-detector-0-5-percent-bac1-testing.html

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 03:46:12 pm »

Or for a digital meter... http://www.drug-testing-kit.co.uk/acatalog/da5000-pro-mg100ml-digital-breathalyser-testing.html

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 07:30:33 pm »

Are electronic testers legal (on the basis that the law is an ass, and you need two)  I've been thinking of buying one anyway as if you have a few for lunch, how many hours later are you sober enough to drive home, and these units seem to get smaller and smaller

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: