Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 10:52:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Entry list  (Read 20626 times)
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 09:07:32 am »

Regarding the Delta Wing, it has been noted that they are to use the AMR 1 chassis.  As far as I am aware, two were built up and raced at Le Mans last year, and these two cars have been sold and delivered to Aston customers.  There were also two unused chassis, one of them presumably going to Delta.  However, with the news that Henri Pescarolo has bought 2 AMR 1 chassis to run in WEC this year, we are a chassis short.  Either Henri has only bought one, not two as has been reported, or Delta have returned theirs, or never had one in the first place.  Anybody any ideas?  Huh

Well the original plan was to sell six AMR-Ones, five were sold with the sixth under option the last i heard, before the project was canned.  So if AMR built six tubs then it would make sense that two were built up as AMR-Ones, two went to Henri, and one went to DW,  maybe the sixth tub was built up to an AMR-One for a customer or is being kept as a spare.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24:19 am »

One of Henri's people has posted on a different forum that six were built the two cars that raced went to private collectors, two went to the delta wing project and they have two
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2012, 06:35:09 pm »

missing tub in hall of shame next to mansell.place ready for delta wing thing.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Shortcut
CA Veteran

Team Booze 'n' Tabs

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:16 pm »

One of Henri's people has posted on a different forum that six were built the two cars that raced went to private collectors, two went to the delta wing project and they have two

My point was here that I know for a fact that only 4 chassis were built, and as I say, I know this as a fact.  If 2 have gone to customers, and two have gone to Pescarolo, where does that leave Delta.  I think it leaves them back in the workshop with a mock up of a pipe dream.

"What do you mean you are busy in the second week in June for the rest of your life!"
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 01:06:22 am »

You could be quite right.  The AMR tub would have the front suspension mountings in the wrong place, and  these tend to be metal bobbins rather than just a bolt hole.  Didn't one of the Peugeots retire a year or two back, because it had pulled a bobbin.  (Some tubs are built with extra bobbins, so you can fit different bits)

Several sources seem to think that Deltawing have a couple of tubs.  Perhaps they were unfinished, or cobbled together for this pile of crap

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 01:45:51 pm »

I get the impression that Henri has a complete AMR- One rather than just a tub. I read a quote somewhere where he said that they will keep the bits that worked such as the tub, suspension, tansmission and several key ancilliary parts and disgard the parts that didn't work such as the engine and bodywork.

That suggests he has a full car to play with. To be honest I can't see any speculating Aston owners wanting that ugly failure taking pride of place in their collections. I know the two AMRs that raced at LMhad already been sold to collectors prior to the event. My guess is that they stopped answering the phone once they realized what a lemon their new investment turned out to be.

So my guess is there were two complete cars and two tubs. One complete car is with Henri, one with a gutted investor and the two tubs are with Deltafarce.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2012, 02:53:54 pm »

Dome arrives at Pescarolo...

http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/actualite-endurance-9573.html
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2012, 08:26:16 am »

Hope there is another pallet with the rest of it on.

His workshop must be a look like a junk yard, I hope for his sake he does not mix up parts of the various DIY projects he has on the go. I've done that in the past with airfix kits. not pretty.

Is the Dome a new car or the test mule that Toyota were reported to be using?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2012, 11:32:21 am »

Yes, Toyota were using it to test the hybrid system drivetrain.

Hope there is another pallet with the rest of it on.

His workshop must be a look like a junk yard, I hope for his sake he does not mix up parts of the various DIY projects he has on the go. I've done that in the past with airfix kits. not pretty.

Is the Dome a new car or the test mule that Toyota were reported to be using?
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2012, 12:14:58 pm »

Is it just me.... or does Sébastien Buemi have weird scary eyes?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: