Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 05:16:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 Le Mans - First Timer  (Read 6721 times)
gavin
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2003, 01:05:40 am »

The group that I am going to the 2004 Le Mans with does not want to camp.  We are all first timers.  Please provide some advice on the following hotel possibilities.

1)  Stay in a hotel in North side of Le Mans; can either use circuit transfers by motor coach or self-drive/park at track;

2)  Stay in hotel in Alencon and self-drive/park at track;

3)  Stay in hotel in La Fleche; can either use circuit transfers by motor coach or self-drive/park at track.

How long is the drive to the track from La Fleche or Alencon?  Is one preferable?

Is it beneficial to have motor coach transfers to the track versus self-driving/parking?  In other words, does a motor coach have easier access to the track early on saturday/sunday morning going and late saturday evening leaving the track than self-driving/park at the same times?

I probably would like the flexibility of self-driving/parking as long as it is not a logistical nightmare getting to/from the track.

I appreciate any recommendations and advice.

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 02:12:31 am »

Gavin:

If you've got your own wheels, you're going to have a much easier time doing the drive up from La Fleche (due south of Le Mans) than from Alencon (North) given that half the population of Great Britain are coming through there.

La Fleche to the circuit will take you 30-45 minutes +/-.  My folks live in Jumelles which is another 10 minutes down the road from there so I make this drive every year.  The road from La Fleche to Le Mans is wide open - and I think you can also jump on the peage from what I can remember.  The drive up is simple and once you get near Le Mans all the parking or campsites are pretty well sign posted so you shouldn't really have any trouble.

I'm sure our local boy Gilles can give you some good suggestions.

Good luck!
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 09:12:13 am »

Hi Gavin,

I agree with the "La Fleche solution", it's easier to access to the circuit.

Use your own car is not a problem but forst please secure your car pass.

Best is parking Blanc, because it's the nearest. But Bleu and Rouge are quite near too.

You don't need to use the motorway from La Fleche to Le Mans, but you can use it from Calais/Le Havre/Caen to La Fleche if you don't mind about the pleasure of the RN138 (a definitely Le Mans' experience pleasure)

They're some hotels still available in Le Mans and you won't need your car as there's an efficient shuttle service night and day from the city centre to the main entrance of the circuit.

Keep in touch for any other questions to make your first LM trip the greatest days of your life !!!  Cool

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
IanB
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 10:54:48 am »

Gavin, enjoy your first year I'm sure you will. but I'm also sure you'll be camping your second third fourth etc.. years!!
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 11:41:35 am »

Gavin - Camping is the way to go - EVERYONE does it, all classes, it is a strange experience being camped within a few yards of tens of thousands of £ worth of cars...!

Got a mate who wont come along as he wont "slum it under canvas".... Leaves more beer for us real men...

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 11:50:12 am »

Gavin,

I totally respect your choice of hotel as a good LM introduction ( Sad please no jokes, I don't mind the double meaning of my english expressions Sad )

You may experiment the campsite as a visitor because most of the people on this forum will be pleased to welcome you with a  :(warm/chilled beer Tongue

You even can join us at the Flambadou for the traditionnal friday french dinner.

But be careful to book your hotel very early (this week by example...) if you want to stay inner city and not too far from the circuit at a good price.

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 01:54:37 pm »

Gavin , my sister and her fella tried hoteling their first year and driving down. Although they enjoyed the experience , they vowed to camp the next year , and thats now history .

Driving around near to the circuit on saturday and sunday is in my experience a real pain in the @rse . If you have a motorbike , fair play, but youre car will get hot .

Camping means you are near to all the action all round the circuit , where ever you park/ camp . Come join my lot for a cold beer on Bleu or Beausejour or MB ....

Last thing - If you are a car nut , YOU MUST
DRIVE THE N138
Its a british sports car racers wet dream , millions of pounds of motors giving it fairly large when ever possible . 2 years ago i was involved with a Lambo Diablo , Bentley , AC Cobra , TVR Cerbera , and i on my bike struggled to keeP up ??

GIVE CAMPING A GO

Take life by the horns and live it.
gavin
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 02:51:58 pm »

Thanks for the responses; all have been very helpful.

Gilles - can you name a few hotels in Le Mans that have availability?  I have been unsuccessful in finding them.

Thanks again...
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2003, 03:03:48 pm »

http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1084

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2003, 08:33:28 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Take life by the horns and live it.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2003, 11:17:32 pm »

Always remember if your driving you can't drink, and who wan'ts to be the odd one out at the circuit.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: