Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 11:23:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: European Le Mans Series opening round at Paul Ricard 1st April  (Read 17003 times)
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 02:21:37 pm »

i dont know how they could use it for f1 now.the road on is crap even compared ith silerstones old routes in.bernies company would have to spend a lot of money on opening up the rest of the circuit to spectators.it only has a license for 5000 people at the moment.and they would need to lift the booze ban.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 03:14:30 pm »

You do know that their is a strong rumour going around that there will be only 17 starters for that race. Not looking good for the ELMS at the moment Cry

Latest update says 23 starters, and they all have drivers. Not bad Smiley

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/en/s52_circuits/s52p06_engages.php?circuit=19&annee=2012

LMP2 category looks as though it could produce an interesting race.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 04:52:42 pm »

...........and they would need to lift the booze ban.
Even Eurodisney had to allow booze

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 12:25:20 pm »

I see that Loeb has legged it down there to front his team after crashing out in Portugal (wow, that was some wreck.)  Great timing on his part - hopefully he'll keep up French interest now that  Peugeot has  pulled out of sports car racing.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 01:13:59 pm »

Live feed from Paul R
http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/en/s54_courses/s54p09_videos.php
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 02:47:14 pm »

cheers watching now.not many cars at race though.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 06:01:51 pm »

Small field, but great race.
Well done Johnny Crocker.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 07:32:18 pm »

I don't know why but I find Ricard in its present form is not very "telegenic" somehow.  Whether it's my ageing eyesight or what, I'm not sure, but its open-ness, the lack of many barriers, and all the lines seem to take the edge off the racing for me.  It's not at all evident when you're there but the TV seems to have a more negative effect there than on any other circuit.

Good race though and a great result for Team Loeb.  He'll be almost glad he landed upside down now.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
John G

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 07:50:11 pm »

I don't know why but I find Ricard in its present form is not very "telegenic" somehow.  Whether it's my ageing eyesight or what, I'm not sure, but its open-ness, the lack of many barriers, and all the lines seem to take the edge off the racing for me.  It's not at all evident when you're there but the TV seems to have a more negative effect there than on any other circuit.

Agree, it lacked the atmosphere that the old F1 races seemed to have there, probably due to the low numbers and lack of definition

But then its probably the old nostalgia kicking in (and my poor eyesight also) Undecided
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 02:11:41 pm »

Looks like the Zolder round has been cancelled due to lack of entries.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 07:00:44 pm »

Nothing wrong with a little nostalgia, but a low car count on a relatively long circuit like Ricard is going to make things look sparse.  I'm afraid not all's healthy with sportscar racing these days.  The big marque events like Le Mans and Sebring are going to attract large grids, but the regular ALMS & LMS grids are looking a bit anemic, especially in the prototype ranks.  The ALMS is being kept afloat by some terrific GT grids, but the LMP1 class is a joke.  The Grand-Am series isn't any healthier, despite what some of the knuckleheads in Dayotna would have you believe.  Their prototypes cost a fraction of a what a LMP1 car cost, and they can't assemble a full field.
Fax
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 12:57:07 am »

Good race but I agree with termie that the circuit on television looked very untelegenic (great word Debs).
It almost looked like I was watching a stadard sized image on a wide screen, everything just looked so flat (including the cars).

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:18 am »

you say that....but it doesn't half take a pretty photo....

http://www.motorsportphotoagency.com/-/galleries/2012/blancpain-endurance-test-paul-ricard/-/medias/f80a1518-73ba-11e1-837e-9dace8656118?ref=nf#loc=/-/galleries/2012/blancpain-endurance-test-paul-ricard/-/medias/2be582de-73c3-11e1-9fee-ed5814d52d48&t=1333443706052

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 12:08:16 pm »

you say that....but it doesn't half take a pretty photo....

I agree - I have always thought that PR circuit photos look brilliant.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 08:06:40 am »

All this Paul Ricard conversation reminded me that I have a copy of the 1976 French GP on VHS tape.  Broke it out tonight and watched it, with a good bottle of wine of course.  It really hit home how lovely F1 was back then.  A bright sunny day in Provence, huge crowd, James Hunt's McLaren M23 perfectly suited to the long straights and fast sweepers of Ricard, dominated the race, helped by both Ferrari's having their engines scatter, while at full chat on the Mistral (obviously the Maranello engine dept. tried to squeeze to much grunt for the passes down the straight).  Really the beginning of James championship charge.  Also great drives by Patrick Depailler in the P34, and Wattie in the Penske.  Ricard is probably much more manicured now, but it was also a hell of a GP venue back then.
Fax
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: